• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freki

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Freki_M
I really hope they build upon the characters relationships outside of Cloud and whoever he's interacting with.
For example in the novella, Barret and Cid got time together and it was cool reading about our favorite angry middle-aged men interacting, swearing at things, and breaking stuff, and we also got Yuffie and Nanaki spending time together looking for materia and it was absolutely wholesome.

It really helped build their personalities more and it nailed their characters, and I'm hoping we get to see that more come the remake. It could be the two party members you have with you bantering back and forth, or during scenes where all the characters are together you could listen into them talking to eachother (IE: the town under Junon, Tifa and Aerith were talking, Yuffie and Nanaki were talking, and Barret was talking to a random Fisherman

I always thought the original game showed us the friendships that were forming in a very barebones way, just which characters are friendly with eachother, and I loved it, but now is the chance to expand that. FF7 in my eyes has the best cast out of any media I've seen, and it'd be a shame to squander that opportunity.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I really hope they build upon the characters relationships outside of Cloud and whoever he's interacting with.
For example in the novella, Barret and Cid got time together and it was cool reading about our favorite angry middle-aged men interacting, swearing at things, and breaking stuff, and we also got Yuffie and Nanaki spending time together looking for materia and it was absolutely wholesome.

It really helped build their personalities more and it nailed their characters, and I'm hoping we get to see that more come the remake. It could be the two party members you have with you bantering back and forth, or during scenes where all the characters are together you could listen into them talking to eachother (IE: the town under Junon, Tifa and Aerith were talking, Yuffie and Nanaki were talking, and Barret was talking to a random Fisherman

I always thought the original game showed us the friendships that were forming in a very barebones way, just which characters are friendly with eachother, and I loved it, but now is the chance to expand that. FF7 in my eyes has the best cast out of any media I've seen, and it'd be a shame to squander that opportunity.

Why are they called middle age? They are only in their 30's. That's still young.

He is really, let's be honest. It's just that the world of FFVII is a small planet with diminished gravity and acelerated life spans, where little girls are running bars by themselves at 4, NGOs recruit child soldiers aged 10, boys join the military when they're fourteen, teenage girls are raising families, and by 30 you're over the hill.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Tseng, Sephiroth, Barret, Shera, Reeve, the rest of the executive board and ectera don't complain about their back, need to take early naps and have gone as grey as Cid. He's the outlier, not an indicator by which to judge the whole FFVII world.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Why are they called middle age? They are only in their 30's. That's still young.

Japan is really frightened by the idea of hitting 30 (which is hilarious considering they have the best lifespan of any country in the world). Once you hit that number, you are considered old. For example, in the original Mobile Suit Gundam, this is a 35 year old man:
latest

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Japan is really frightened by the idea of hitting 30 (which is hilarious considering they have the best lifespan of any country in the world). Once you hit that number, you are considered old. For example, in the original Mobile Suit Gundam, this is a 35 year old man:
latest

Oh my gosh.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
This may be a generalization, but do you think it's because a lot of these characters are designed to "look western" and in comparison to Japanese aging, Americans grey and wrinkle super early?

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
This may be a generalization, but do you think it's because a lot of these characters are designed to "look western" and in comparison to Japanese aging, Americans grey and wrinkle super early?

Even then a so-called 35 year old doesn't look like that.

Freki

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Freki_M
All of these worlds tend to be filled with monster attacks that have high casualties. Makes a grim kind of sense, TBH.

This. I mean look at our two party characters over the age of 40. Vincent made it because he's been in a box for decades, and Red XIII doesn't even have both of his eyes anymore. It's not a world where people live a long time.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
This. I mean look at our two party characters over the age of 40. Vincent made it because he's been in a box for decades, and Red XIII doesn't even have both of his eyes anymore. It's not a world where people live a long time.

Well, for Red's species he's a teenager.

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
I know the 'point' is that it's something of a mystery, but I still, all these years later, can't help but wonder about the deets with Red's other Fox-Lion Lady Friend he presumably stumbles upon and mates with. Unless, of course, it's more one of those 'Jurassic Park-Life-Finds-A-Way' situations, where Red XIII spontaneously sprouts female genitalia and mates with himself...

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
The Compilation gave us a name, Deneh, but seeing as she and Nanaki don’t mate until a few centuries after FFVII, I feel like we’re not going to learn much about her.
Okay, I just looked this up, having essentially ignored Before Crisis for the most part.
"As part of the ritual, she is placed in an altar for several years, which explains her absence throughout the current continuity of the series."

So, I knew the Compilation had some stupid things going on in it, but....Jesus.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
That’s not even the worst thing they do with Nanaki. They literally give him a Great Gazoo in the novel. Named Gilligan. He lives in Nanaki’s head.

Hopes for the Remake: leave Nanaki alone. Everything they’ve done with him has been awful, starting with having Cait Sith ride on his head. Just. Don’t expand or add anything. Leave him the fuck alone please.

Freki

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Freki_M
I liked the entire arc of his in the novella with Gilligan and all that, Nanaki's always been a person who has a lot of self-doubt, ever since the original FF7, you just had to have him in your party often, or engage with him when you you could to see it, the novel just made that part of his internal troubles the main plot of his own chapter, it also led to probably the only scene in any of FF7 comp to show Vincent with any emotion besides apathy, which was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom