• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freki

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Freki_M
Ditto with the obvious bias here, there's also the entire thing that was brought up in BC where Red and Deneh were doing rituals suggesting some level of connection to the planet, I feel like that could probably go somewhere interesting, even if it is just more lore you discover in Cosmo Canyon.

I really hope they start the buildup of at least the Yuffie/Nanaki relationship in the remake, that was incredibly wholesome, and it's funny/interesting to me that those two became friends, considering how completely opposite they are personality-wise.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
he really just needs more time to interact with other members of the cast to create memorable moments

This is something I think the remake will improve on drastically compared to the original. One of my big problems with the OG is that after Midgar you can conceivably have any character in your party, so when a scene would play out they would all just have canned reactions to events. Any one party-member's presence couldn't drastically change how a scene happened (with a few exceptions.) In the reamke I think interactions between varying parties will be made more organic, so the character's personalities will get to shine more.

Freki

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Freki_M
This is something I think the remake will improve on drastically compared to the original. One of my big problems with the OG is that after Midgar you can conceivably have any character in your party, so when a scene would play out they would all just have canned reactions to events. Any one party-member's presence couldn't drastically change how a scene happened (with a few exceptions.) In the reamke I think interactions between varying parties will be made more organic, so the character's personalities will get to shine more.

I really hope that the conversations with people (mainly the talkative enemies) will mention others than Cloud, like if Cloud has Yuffie in the party perhaps the Turks would ask why Cloud has a child with him? Or with Aerith and Red they could bring up how it's not the first time they've met. Or if they wanted to play up the ruse they could ask what the hell Cait Sith is.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
As someone who generally enjoyed the Compilation, even if just for spending more time in that world, Before Crisis is the exception. Basically every idea in the game is a bad one, with the possible exception of the irony of having the original Avalanche be the ones responsible for the explosion at the Corel reactor that caused Shinra to burn down the town. But that's not enough to save it. If there's one title that I would completely strike from the record, it's that one. Conveniently enough, a tiny tiny fraction of FF7 fans even know about it, much less what happens in it. So that would be pretty easy to do.

Anyway yes to the more interactions, and I think that will pretty obviously be something that happens. ATEs were cute and all, but I don't know why you really need that whole mechanic, just show all the scenes? lol

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion

That would be ingenious.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I might just be overthinking things, but I liked ATEs because they let you have stupid little optional conversations without involving the player character. You could just make all scenes mandatory, but I think pacing becomes an issue. Making all players watch all scenes regardless of relevance to the main plot might put some people off, or cause the developers to think twice about adding a scene. If they follow the traditional method of triggering side conversations--such as the player talking to an NPC--then the player character is usually involved in the optional scene and you don't get to see how others react without them around.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
But did you ever not watch all of them available, as soon as they were available? I think you can just as easily cut away to those scenes without a big difference in the pacing most players experienced anyway. Still include a skip cutscene button of course, but modern games should have that over every cutscene, really. I never loved that ATEs occasionally (though not usually) locked you out of certain scenes.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Everything Force said.

Also, it's not as though the narrative can't cut away without the ATE mechanic to show what other characters are doing in scenes where the player character isn't around.

Has there been an FF since at least V that hasn't done that anyway?

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I didn't watch the ones about Quina when I was a kid (because I had bad taste and didn't appreciate him/her) and I skip some of them when replaying the game nowadays (all of the ones in the Evil Forest are just pointless after the first playthrough).

I will agree that getting locked out of scenes because of ATEs was straight bullshit, though.

youffie

Pro Adventurer
I really hope they start the buildup of at least the Yuffie/Nanaki relationship in the remake, that was incredibly wholesome, and it's funny/interesting to me that those two became friends, considering how completely opposite they are personality-wise.

Massive Yuffie fan here, disappointed at her criminal underusage, hope she’s as annoying as she ever was in the remake in a way that’s not entirely dumb (a girl can dream). This is actually one of the relationships I look forward to seeing expanded the most in the remake! It makes me sad we have to wait so many years to get to some of these characters.

They’d probably get off on the wrong foot, but in time I can imagine theirs as a respectful friendship, with Yuffie occasionally pestering him just because and Red pretending to be utterly annoyed at her childless, while secretly craving the attention. I genuinely think Red would get her in ways the others can’t or aren’t interested to. It’s also funny because, at least in the beginning, they’re both kids who want to act tough and do right by their home, since they clearly know better than their “cowardly” fathers.

Now that I think about it, this game has a lot of kids who want to act like grown-ups and mostly fail at it. Cloud, Yuffie, and Red have all basically the same level of emotional maturity, though with very different nuances. What a crew indeed. :P

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Now that I think about it, this game has a lot of kids who want to act like grown-ups and mostly fail at it. Cloud, Yuffie, and Red have all basically the same level of emotional maturity, though with very different nuances. What a crew indeed. :P

It’s something that super resonates with me — I was definitely a kid just like that once.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
It’s something that super resonates with me — I was definitely a kid just like that once.

If it was shown, I think Sephiorth was like that as well. I think he was better as coming off as mature, but to anyone who could notice he had many social, emotional, and even mental setbacks.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Er, just like which one, though? XD

lol but actually tho. A bit of column a b and c. My parents were just trying to do what they thought was right, I couldn’t see the whole picture and struck out on my own. Looking back, I still don’t agree with their methods, but I was a real Yuffie in that way. Like Nanaki, I used my intelligence to play like I was mature and unafraid, I thought being clever meant being grown up. Like Cloud, I mythologized my life story to make myself more hard-boiled than I actually was, and erased some friendships in the process. It’s part of growing up I think, and one of the reasons I think FF7 is an enduring young adult adventure story — it hides these lessons in a lot of cool action.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
lol but actually tho. A bit of column a b and c. My parents were just trying to do what they thought was right, I couldn’t see the whole picture and struck out on my own. Looking back, I still don’t agree with their methods, but I was a real Yuffie in that way. Like Nanaki, I used my intelligence to play like I was mature and unafraid, I thought being clever meant being grown up. Like Cloud, I mythologized my life story to make myself more hard-boiled than I actually was, and erased some friendships in the process. It’s part of growing up I think, and one of the reasons I think FF7 is an enduring young adult adventure story — it hides these lessons in a lot of cool action.

Again I think that is why FF7 is still endearing to this day, because it's very relatable to people. And I hope they don't just focus on the action, but also the characters and how the audience can bleed into them.

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
- Change Tifa's escape from the gas chamber. The guard happening to just drop the key on the floor as he leaves is a bit...cartoonish. Maybe change it to one of the other party members in disguise (like Cait Sith is in the game at that point) doing something crafty to help her break out?

- I've said it before, but needs to be said again...Cid should be in his 40's! Please make that happen, remake.

- A scene where Tifa trains with the heavy bag under the bar would be cool. I mean she's the martial artist of the group, but we only see Barret using the bag. (That is still a good scene though, and should stay.)

- Keep some of the golden lines from the original. There was a strangely funny moment where Cait Sith, long after his reveal, pipes up and says something like, 'Hey, I have something to tell you all', and Barret's instant reply is, 'What, that you're a spy?'. Just makes me smirk. On the other hand, get rid of that 'you're the slum drunk' line from Cloud...it's just way too mean, even for him. I can't bring myself to ever choose that option.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
- A scene where Tifa trains with the heavy bag under the bar would be cool. I mean she's the martial artist of the group, but we only see Barret using the bag. (That is still a good scene though, and should stay.)

- Keep some of the golden lines from the original. There was a strangely funny moment where Cait Sith, long after his reveal, pipes up and says something like, 'Hey, I have something to tell you all', and Barret's instant reply is, 'What, that you're a spy?'. Just makes me smirk. On the other hand, get rid of that 'you're the slum drunk' line from Cloud...it's just way too mean, even for him. I can't bring myself to ever choose that option.

They better keep Barret going to town on the bag and still say "Shucks....money!" too.

I agree with everything except for the last one. Even though I agree it's way out of line for Cloud to say, it's still so out there that I always have to choose it if I don't want to date Aerith at the Gold Saucer in a playthrough lol.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
They better keep Barret going to town on the bag and still say "Shucks....money!" too.

I agree with everything except for the last one. Even though I agree it's way out of line for Cloud to say, it's still so out there that I always have to choose it if I don't want to date Aerith at the Gold Saucer in a playthrough lol.
It's the kind of douche line that (so-called) PUA gurus insist will get women hooked on you (treat em' mean keep em' keen, and all that crap). It works so well for Cloud's douche-y persona early on in the game ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom