• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
"There's a punishment if you don't have a ticket," the guard purred, all the while wondering what his wife would think. Would she understand this was just a part of the job? Would she still look at him with the same eyes? Or would the knowledge of his work cast doubt into her gaze?

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Funny, though since with the guard outfit she was trying to look like a man, I doubt it could be made to be alluring. And judging from the remake's opening scene, it seems those red guards are no longer in the game anyway since those were normal soldiers on the platform instead of the OG's red guards. So her disguise may very well be different this time.

Jairus

Don't they steal the disguises from the passengers on the train? It makes sense Jessie would dress like a man. IIRC, she even found a false moustache. She wouldn't want to look alluring because that would draw attention to her at a time when she wants to slip under the radar. She wants no eyes on her, not all eyes on her.

Well, on the other hand, what better place to hide than out in the open? Who's going to suspect a girl who's all dressed up seemingly for some fancy business on the plate of being an ecoterrorist? The more visible way can sometimes be more effective because one would naturally expect those up to no good to try to remain as inconspicuous as possible. But by deliberately wearing something designed to be noticed, it plays upon that very expectation and turns it on itself. Also, they might not get their disguises the same way this time. They might be wearing them right from the outset before ever getting on the train.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
There's no reason the Shinra army should be entirely male. Theoretically you could have layered disguises, nightclub dress underneath the armour, spies sometimes actually do that kind of thing if that Youtube video I watched the other day is accurate.

Could be a character beat, the AVALANCHE crew look different every time you meet them. Although alluring military body armour would be odd, I admit.

Jairus, I don't want to rain on your Jessie parade. If you want her in a posh sexy frock then I want that for you. I'm just saying, as a woman, that if I were as hot as Jessie and trying to sneak in somewhere unnoticed and unremembered, I would be disguising myself as an old granny. Nobody ever suspects them of anything. If Jessie were all glammed up on the Shinra commuter train she'd get non-stop hassle and that would make their mission ten times harder. Jessie is serious about saving the planet. She doesn't care about being a hot chick. You just have to look at her canon getup to see that.

Jairus

Well it doesn't have to be anything on that level, just something other than her usual outfit that isn't some guy's uniform. Biggs and Wedge dressed in normal clothes for their disguises, so why couldn't she? Just a chance to have a bit of what Aerith and Tifa will have later and not be left out. Besides, people on trains like that dress in a variety of ways, so she may not stand out as much as you think she might. Plus, the remake seems to be making the trains a lot more crowded than in the OG, and most passengers on trains and planes and stuff only pay attention to themselves and who they're with and don't bother anyone else. They might cast a curious glance or two, but they don't go around chatting up random strangers just because of how they're dressed. And an alluring (even modestly so) disguise could still work because of the very fact that it's so different from her normal look that no one would be expecting her to be in it.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I feel like fanservice is often better suited for DLC. That way it's not forced, and not canon for them to be wearing that at that moment, but the costume you choose to put on them is technically, canonically how they'd look in those clothes. Even if the train is crowded I don't think Jessie would want even the slightest attention. She is very pretty. I also feel like it's sort of a character building moment for her to not care at all about disguising herself as a dude for a mission - she probably can't walk in heels either. A guard is literally the least suspicious of a getup she could have. Maybe there is another time in the game where she could dress up, like a side quest?

--

In the last game of the series, I want to see Tifa punch Scarlet in the face. Tifa is a master of the martial arts and there is no reason why she should concern herself with a slap fight. It would also serve to highlight how Scarlet commandeers all of this killing yet when it comes down to it, can't throw down one to one in a fist fight.

Last edited:

Jairus

Having her dress up in a different sidequest could work, Ryvius, yeah. I had just suggested the train disguise because it's already there. And since the red guards are gone, that leaves a window open for changing her disguise. It doesn't have to stand out, but that doesn't mean it can't be something feminine and Wall Market-esque without actually being as flashy as Aerith and Tifa's outfits. Something more low key but still with that feel. As I said, deliberately wearing something you know you're not known for can be an effective way to avoid notice because those who would be looking for you would only be expecting to see you in a certain way and wouldn't even think to look elsewhere or at anyone who doesn't look like what they're expecting you to look like. And as I recall, Biggs was the one with the fake moustache, not Jessie, I don't think.

And yes, Tifa definitely needs to backhand Scarlet across the face. Kinda like that moment in Robin Hood: Men in Tights where, after the Sheriff of Rottingham slaps Robin across the face with his leather glove, Robin does the same thing but with a steel gauntlet.

Jairus, if Shinra knew what she looked like they'd have found her by now. She's not going to be recognised as an "Avalanche terrorist" no matter what she wears. What she wants is to avoid drawing attention to their group and above all for no one to take such an interest in her face and other assets that they could later identify her using photofit or in a lineup. Now it actually takes quite a lot of skill for a young woman to disguise herself as an old one or for a woman to disguise herself as a man. Old and young bodies, male and female bodies, move differently, apart from anything else. So disguising herself as old or masculine probably wouldn't work unless she's a great actress. But she could dress herself in a cheap navy women's suit - skirt, jacket, blouse, working heels - and thus go disguised as an anonymous secretary from the Shinra typing pool. That would work.

Last edited:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
If you're going to do this, it'd be more suited to the train journey after reactor 1, I think. Maybe post reactor bombing they stash their gear in the back and dress differently on the way home?

In reactor 2, they mug people for their clothes after the alarms go off, that's no time to be getting dressed in something complicated. Ideally fan service has to make sense in universe.

Ryvius I love your sig, btw.

Incidentally, how is this going to work, given a multi part game? Do we buy one disc and download the rest or are multiple physical copies being sold re part 2 and 3 etc?

Jairus

Yeah, the secretary idea could work, Lic, I hadn't thought of that. Just something to show her in a different way than her usual tomboy look. And maybe save the dress up bit for a different sidequest. And Clement, as I said before, they might get their disguises at a different time in the remake than in the original. They might get on the train with them from the beginning.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I just re-watched the scene. Biggs stole a very conspicuous 3 piece suit with a top hat in the OG, which was funny and rather absurd. So her being suddenly dressed to the nines would actually fit the vaguely comedic tone of the scene, but would carry the unfortunate implication that she rendered a woman on a commuter train in her underwear and unconscious...

That scene in general was kinda unrealistic - why didn't they lock the doors on all the cars at once instead of letting the party get away? There's probably a better way to do the scene.

Last edited:

Jairus

I'm sure the remake will handle it in a better and more realistic fashion - we've already seen that Tifa hits the emergency brake at some point. But again, Ry, the trio could have their disguises from the beginning before they even get on the train, thus avoiding the knot of trying to explain how they both got disguised during a chase and had the time to do so and also avoid leaving three innocent people with their clothes stolen.

Jairus

I was thinking about Aerith's bargain with Cloud in the church and how in the original, she offers him a date to be her bodyguard. But since the remake is split into parts now, I'm not sure if that will be kept since the payoff for that line would come so much later on in a totally separate game - perhaps even two games away - that it would probably lose its impact. Besides, that's a little devious of Aerith to corner him like that, not that it isn't part of her character - any guy with a conscience would say yes just to avoid upsetting her and hurting her feelings, if nothing else. Of course, those of you who have seen the leaks probably already have the answer to this. Not that I want it, mind you.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Uh ... so was the same devious of Zack? I might remember wrong but I think one of the reasons they gave was to parallel that scene because that wasn't their intention that it wasn't a wrong thing for Aerith to do.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
I was thinking about Aerith's bargain with Cloud in the church and how in the original, she offers him a date to be her bodyguard. But since the remake is split into parts now, I'm not sure if that will be kept since the payoff for that line would come so much later on in a totally separate game - perhaps even two games away - that it would probably lose its impact. Besides, that's a little devious of Aerith to corner him like that, not that it isn't part of her character - any guy with a conscience would say yes just to avoid upsetting her and hurting her feelings, if nothing else. Of course, those of you who have seen the leaks probably already have the answer to this. Not that I want it, mind you.
SPOILER ALERT:

The leaks indicated the Bodyguard stuff is kept in - Iirc I even think one the chapters is entitled 'Budding Bodyguard' (get the pun)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom