• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
This is almost the only game where I've ever cared about alternate costumes, I hope Tifa gets the option to wear her AC outfit, because that's one of the best costume designs in all of FF.
also her original design (I actually think she looks sexier on her current costume, but options are always good), and another using the exotic colors of Amano's version.

anyway, after FF
XIV, FFXV, Dissidia, Mobius crossovers and specially Lightning Returns, potential for cosmetics are endless in this franchise (as it should be! because with those newer player's awareness of other titles increases).

Last edited:

micknutson9

Pro Adventurer
Speaking of alternate costumes. When we eventually get to Yuffie Kisaragi in the next part, which will be a few years down the road from now, I'd love to see her in some alternate outfits as well. Including a variation of a SOLDIER 1st Class uniform to boot. I remember reading somewhere that in her earlier development, Yuffie was to be in her mid-20's, a former SOLDIER turned mercenary and was after Cloud and the gang while also having a bounty on her head, courtesy of Shinra. I'd think that'll be really great to see in my humble opinion. The alternate outfits, not the discarded plot, I mean.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Speaking of alternate costumes. When we eventually get to Yuffie Kisaragi in the next part, which will be a few years down the road from now, I'd love to see her in some alternate outfits as well. Including a variation of a SOLDIER 1st Class uniform to boot. I remember reading somewhere that in her earlier development, Yuffie was to be in her mid-20's, a former SOLDIER turned mercenary and was after Cloud and the gang while also having a bounty on her head, courtesy of Shinra. I'd think that'll be really great to see in my humble opinion. The alternate outfits, not the discarded plot, I mean.
If they didn't do the discarded plot, it would be weird to see her in a soldier uniform though

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Maybe they could do a set of everyone in the party having a SOLDIER outfit, though it might be seen as redundant since the entire party will likely get Shinra Grunt outfits by the second installments.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Damn right, it would be great to see Cloud with his Crisis Core uniform as well... and why not Sephiroth's..

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Question: Do you think the events from Reactor 5->Sector 5->Wall Market->Train Graveyard->Sector 7 Pillar will happen in one unbroken sequence like in the OG or could they be split up and interspersed with one or more possible returns to Sector 7 prior to the plate collapse? If I remember right, during what's been shown of the remake in earlier trailers and screenshots, Cloud, Aerith, and Tifa didn't seem to be in much of a hurry going through the Train Graveyard, or in the kind of mood you'd expect them to be in if they had just learned about the impending possible destruction of their home and everyone in it. Maybe the plate drop plan isn't set to be immediate this time?

Reactions: pxp

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Pretty hard to split up. I've just received the news that my entire town is about to be destroyed, time to casually stroll in that direction, do a few sidequests, check back at base, and then maybe mention it.

But then, this is the crew that heads to the gold saucer with 7 days before planetary destruction.

Jairus

I don't know, it could be - instead of going directly to Wall Market, perhaps Aerith goes with Cloud to Sector 7 instead and the sight of Tifa in the chocobo cart never happens. The three might all go together to Wall Market later. And the plate drop might not be scheduled immediately, either, but perhaps in a matter of days, thus giving another chance to return to Sector 7 and reunite with the others.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I don't know, it could be - instead of going directly to Wall Market, perhaps Aerith goes with Cloud to Sector 7 instead and the sight of Tifa in the chocobo cart never happens. The three might all go together to Wall Market later. And the plate drop might not be scheduled immediately, either, but perhaps in a matter of days, thus giving another chance to return to Sector 7 and reunite with the others.
Since it's a video game, my feeling is they'll split it up with new content

Jairus

I would agree. They know exactly what we're expecting, given their comments toward the end of the first interview video. So doubtless they'll use those expectations to throw everyone off entirely and show us the story and events in a way no one's expecting or predicting. Taking those expectations and flipping them on their heads, as it were.

Reactions: pxp

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
No Photo Mode in this unfortunately.

thumb_chest-pain-guy-meme-generator-49287986.png

Oh that hurts. That's hurtful.

I'll still screencap the hell out of it though.

Jairus

I was thinking about how in AC: C, the group wore pink ribbons to remember Aerith. So I'm wondering if maybe Barret, Tifa, and Cloud will come up with something similar to do at some point to remember the trio after they're gone since their role will be much bigger this time. Not ribbons, necessarily, but still a little something with the same idea. Would be a nice way to keep them (indirectly) present and remembered throughout the series.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I was thinking about how in AC: C, the group wore pink ribbons to remember Aerith. So I'm wondering if maybe Barret, Tifa, and Cloud will come up with something similar to do at some point to remember the trio after they're gone since their role will be much bigger this time. Not ribbons, necessarily, but still a little something with the same idea. Would be a nice way to keep them (indirectly) present and remembered throughout the series.
A red one, like the trios headbands, would be cool

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Haven't posted in a bit, did a bit of 'jumping to new', so if this topic has been beaten to death already, I apologize, and feel free to ignore, etc...

But, as of now, my biggest concern for the game [plot-wise], is that
Moment from the end of the demo, showing that Shinra not only seemingly knew what AVALANCHE was doing every step of the way with the Reactor...but let it happen, waited, and then at the right moment essentially destroyed the reactor themselves so that it could be 'pinned' on AVALANCHE
This bothers me not so much for the sequence and event itself, but for what that strongly implies for the portrayal of events later and throughout the game, the corresponding simplistic portrayal of our 'heroes' [and villains]...the ironing out of all wrinkles, the moral shading being done in simple, bright primary colors...etc, etc.

And on a related, smaller [but still relevant] note, it seems to directly contradict the Shinra Co's 'methods' transition in the OG, as described by Rufus: "Old man tried to control the world with money...[but] a little fear will control the common people...there's no reason to waste good money on them."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom