Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I hope they'll create more inventive sidequests and dungeons, which makes use of each characters special capabilities.

Imagine going around town with Cait Sith lurking in the shadows, having to investigate a case and provide evidence for it? Or having to use him to sneak into small holes and get that shiny item?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Or having to use him to sneak into small holes and get that shiny item?

76EZ24o.gif

Turlast

Lv. 25 Adventurer
The side-quests were well done here. There were a few that had me sighing a bit, but for the most part, I loved them. With the way they were able to flesh out the Midgar world, the sky's the limit for what they'll be able to with the countless areas in the FFVII universe.

Another thing they did quite well is turn enemies like Swordipede (Sword-Dance) Hell House, and Eligor into formidable boss battles. Brain Pod to a lesser extent falls under this. I'm already excited thinking about enemies like Ghost Ship and the many others you encounter in the original game.

How the characters interacted completely won me over. I know Red XIII wasn't around that long, but the exchanges between him and Barrett towards the end was nothing short of gold. They did a great job portraying these characters in the remake. I can already hear Cid cussing everyone out like a mad man lol. This is going to be a long wait....but I'm okay with that.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I hope there is a reference to Elfe. She is my favorite character in Before Crisis.

Me too! I also hope they delve into how Fuhito's cell fit into the rest of the organization.. I think for sure we will eventually find out why Barret fell out with the rest of them (he was painted as extreme, but that doesn't actually seem to be the case in reality, considering their actions in both BC and the remake). Maybe they will even clash with the party.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I think this is exactly the kind of route they could, and imo should, take in Part 2. Midgar is the more narrative driven Part, and subsequent installments open up in gameplay and such, even if still reigned in by the narrative. Similar to FFXV and it's own customizable options.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Hey, I'm thinking of a wild scenario. In early dev, the hero (Cloud/Zack) & the heroine (Aerith/Tifa) is basically one character in concept, with ancient and seeking to promise land is always the core of the plot. Now, in final dev, by bringing Zack alive, what would we probably get? Two timelines, dual heroes, dual heroines. And what would happen in each timeline?

So, what if.....
#1 Zerith alive, Cloti dies, Sephiroth is back to sane. (as alternative story)
#2 Cloti alive, Zerith dies, Sephiroth is destroyed. (as the original one-AC-DC)

At one point, the timeline must intersect, probably in the event when Aerith would die in both timelines 'cause that's what player wanna change. And player decision would determine which ending to get above. The future is a blank page. I still can't explain how the alternative scenario would work... but it's fair we'll get different loss & tragedy. Both can be perceived as bad & good ending differently. Normally, people would go with original story and the game would be likely default to that, even if both Zack & Aerith survive.... we'd be still directed to get ending #2.

Last edited:

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
On the face of it, I like your idea a lot, @eleamaya . What do you mean by "Sephiroth is back to sane" in #1, though?

From FF Wikia:
In the Japanese releases, Sephiroth uses the pronoun ore prior to his insanity, a common masculine pronoun used by confident males. Following the Nibelheim Incident, he begins to use watashi, a more formal pronoun that is genderless in formal context, likely because he now sees himself as superior to everyone else. This post-madness mannerism carries into his spin-off appearances, such as Dissidia Final Fantasy. In the Remake, Sephiroth does use the pronoun ore at the ending as he states he will not let himself end, though all other interactions has him use watashi.

Back to sane doesn't mean he's alive happy end lol, who knows he helped to defeat Jenova and die together idk.

Let's see these three interact. These official images below might've hinted FF7R lol. And I can see Zack's position is between Sephiroth & Cloud, probably waver between 'em.

f38079d52411e22cc7d997bd85688829.png
images.png

Now, who bring back Zack alive? Sephiroth show Zack's Last Stand vision to Aerith. Aerith then asked the party to defeat Fate. She may be aware one of the consequences defeating Fate is altering Zack's fate. Sephiroth must have motivation behind this, while Aerith may also want to save the man she loves. Then we go to scenario #1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wol
AKA
Alex
Customizable options

I'm expecting these to show up, either through DLC or mods. The fact that your equipped materia (well, some of it) is displayed in cutscenes was a sign.

I also want some kind of G-Bike type bike racing game to be added to Part 1. Make it so that it's an unlockable post-story minigame and add it in various enemies who appear during the highway chase, finishing with a race/combat against Roche.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
What about the Gold Saucer? Did they say anything about how it's going to be done in the remake series? Aside from Jessie having been the Princess there, that is.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Did they say it was going to be in the Gold Saucer, then? Like that cancelled mobile one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom