Horror Films

crack

Donator
Anyone else a huge fan of horror films? I've been looking for some good horror films to watch for quite some time, and some reccommendations (and movies you don't reccomend) would be all good to me. :monster: What favorite horror films do you guys enjoy? What's the worst? Do you guys find gory to be scary? Etc....

Discuss.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Drag me to Hell is legitimately hilarious, with some good some suspense, and a crappy ending.

What sort of horror, really? There's all kinds.

Nikkolas

Banned
Halloween, the original, is one of the best horror films ever and shows it's not a lot of gore or money that makes a good horror flick.

Though i enjoy Saw but more for the psychology behind it and not the gore.

And Evil Dead 2 is the best horro movie ever. lol

A

Great Old One
I'm an avid fan of horror films - as far as just ordinary horror movies go, Shaun of the Dead (I know it's comedy, but it can be classified as horror as well), The Exorcist, The Shining, and 28 Days Later. Most horror movies are crap tbh.

Although, I can't watch any horror films with bugs/clowns.

I really want to watch Drag Me to Hell, but I haven't gotten the chance to yet. Hopefully if it comes out in better quality online, I'll watch it.

To be honest though, most of the time, the ones that freak the hell out of me are the ones that are gory (and by gory, I don't mean Hostel gory. I mean Cannibal Holocaust gory). If you want to be 'scarred' here are some good choices:

-Cannibal Holocaust (you already saw this though, right?)
-Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma (more disturbing than Cannibal Holocaust. The MOST disturbing in my opinion)
-Philosophy of a Knife
-Martyrs
-Basically any film by Takashi Miike. I mean seriously, what the hell.

Um, yeah. That's all I have in mind if you want exploitation films. Maybe I'll list more later, because I'm pretty sure I've seen more than that.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I prefer movies that are more creepy than actual scary films (like Coraline.) But when I do watch horror, it's usually Spanish or Japanese. :awesome:

A

Great Old One
Most horror films I watch are actually foreign as well - and Aki, have you seen Audition? It's that Japanese film by Miike.

Also, I have yet to see Coraline. Is that supposed to be scary?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
지은;124910 said:
Most horror films I watch are actually foreign as well - and Aki, have you seen Audition? It's that Japanese film by Miike.

Also, I have yet to see Coraline. Is that supposed to be scary?
I have not seen it. I also don't want to. I don't like Miike's stuff much.

Coraline, as I said, is less scary and more creepy. Like a really bizarre Alice in Wonderland+Fae thing.

crack

Donator
@ Ali: EW, you actually had the stomach to watch Salò? I stopped after that really disturbing part where... UGH. I hate that movie. Seriously, that's even more effed up than Cannibal Holocaust.

And Coraline was Tim Burtonish. It's not scary, like Aki said, just creepy.

And I'm not into Miike either - Audition was okay, I guess. He's just... weird. And I never tried out Martyrs, thanks, I'll see if I can find it tonight. :monster:

You also should stop scarring your young mind.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I absolutely love 'horror' movies. I think the one that scared me most was Hellraiser. That movie is so fucking WEIRD!

muchmoxie

slow down, you crazy child
AKA
kimmyowns, Oxydox
Used to be a huge horror fan when I was a kid. I watched all of the Halloween movies, all of the Nightmare On Elm Street movies, and... the first Friday The 13th movie.

Now it's toned down, but I'm still an avid fan. I have seen Hellraiser... shit that movie was creepy, but more so than that, weird. The guy in the basement and the stuff about him crawling around on one leg, looking for someone to go and kill someone else to give him blood, Jesus it creeped me out.

I've sort of giving up on them now though, because it's rare to find good horror movies nowadays.

Last edited:
most horror films have lost their horrorness.

most are "RAWR SOMETHINGS GOIGN TO KILL YOU!" or "RAWR HERE'S A SHITTON OF JUMP SCARES!"

horrifying situations and reactions are where its at.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Want to laugh? Watch Troll 2

Quote:

"... Who are the goblins??"
" THE GOBLINS!? ...*snorts*"

" THEY'RE EATING HER!! AND THEN THEY'RE GONNA EAT MEE!! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!"

Top Bottom