• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

How would the heroes of the various FF games deal with Arkhamverse Bat-villains?

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
This question was inspired by having played through and re-watching the Solomon Grundy boss fight in Arkham City. Now I'm assuming that most of you aware of not only Batman as a character and a franchise but of the the Batman Arkham game series, A.K.A. the Arkhamverse. From what you know, would any of the heroes, both main characters and party members, of any Final Fantasy game display the same blanket level of unwillingness to kill/resort to lethal force that Gotham's Dark Knight does against the Arkhamverse Rogues Gallery? This is just out of idle curiosity.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
...The usual FF way: Stab it in the face till it bleeds and dies. This is the game series where even small children can become hardened murderers.

Last edited:

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
On a more serious note, I don't imagine any of the Final Fantasy heroes having a blanket opposition to killing. Not even the kindly white mage types. The likes of the Joker, Victor Zsasz and yes, I'd say Ra's al Ghul are irredeemable and monstrous murderers. Whether they kill for pleasure, or in the case of Ra's, for the sake of the environment, their crimes are without justification and they themselves largely, if not entirely, lack in morally redeeming features. I'd say that the heroes of the Final Fantasy series would not be on good terms with Batman as a result of this philosophical disagreement, no matter how many innocents they save or help to save.

As an aside, considering the power late game Final Fantasy's heroes tend to have, wouldn't it be fair to count them as superheroes, albeit ones with no secret identities?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
If Batman was in an FF game, he would more likely than not get in the heroes' way while the villain opened some doom gate, launching us into Act III of the game and probably getting himself killed in the process.

If FF characters were in a Batman game, one of the final missions would be stopping the misguided heroes before they killed a villain, then punching the boastful villain into unconsciousness.

If Batman weren't involved, well, I see no problem. Stabby stabby boom slice!

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Yeah, the FF heroes are way too pragmatic for the Batman family to be okay with, except for maybe Jason. And if this is Arkham universe... either Jason would be pinging all their Sephrioth radars or he, Vincent and Cloud would be having a blast (literally) destroying Arkham.

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, even Aerith would be too pragmatic for the Batfamily's comfort. By the way, isn't Arkham Asylum built on cursed/haunted ground, so maybe the legitimately mentally ill should be moved elsewhere. Especially the children's ward. Yes, Arkham Goddamn Asylum has a children's ward.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Aeris would be a "good" villain like Todd, if she didn't straight up go off the deep end like Harley.

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
Aeris would be a "good" villain like Todd, if she didn't straight up go off the deep end like Harley.

Or she might decide, "Screw it, is there anyone of the of world's heavy hitting heroes who isn't inflexibly stupid about dealing with irredeemable homicidal maniacs?!" Considering that Metropolis and the other major cities and locales are unseen parts of the Arkhamverse there probably is.

Remember this? :monster:
Angeal: I'll set the bomb inside the fortress. You'll charge the front gate, and...
Zack: Uh-huh, and? And? And? And?
Angeal: Indulge yourself.
Zack: You got it! That's what I do best!

wrWTchB.png

Reference

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I think a more interesting case would be if you stripped the various FF villains of their powers, and threw them in Arkham. How would they interact with the various Bat-Villains?

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
I think a more interesting case would be if you stripped the various FF villains of their powers, and threw them in Arkham. How would they interact with the various Bat-Villains?

"So then," says the Clown Prince of Crime, "who exactly the hell are you? I can tell you're going for the whole demented clown routine, but I thought that was my shtick! Well Harley's too, but since she's my lady friend/punching bag that only makes sense. Frankly you make me look subtle! I may have a penchant purple pin-stripe tuxes, as well as murder and general mayhem, but you dress so flamboyantly even Liberace would be begging you to tone it down!"

Hands clasped behind his back, Emperor Gestahl's former attack dog flashes a wicked grin before replying, "Kefka Palazoo, former general and court magician, as in wielder of actual magic, not sleight of hand, in service to Emperor Gestahl. As I always say, 'Nothing beats the sound of a thousand voices screaming in unison!' If you're wondering yes, Gestahl actually let me dress like this as general. Both in the field and in the war room!" Kefka finishes with a shrill laugh.

"And to think people call me The Joker!" Joker says with an amused huff. "Well, did you kill the idiot then?"

"Oh I tried to," Kefka wistfully replies, "but alas I failed. We were on a floating continent waiting for a pack of rebels called the Returners so we could ambush..."

"For the love of drowning puppies, kittens and little children, don't tell me they honestly called themselves the 'Returners'!" Joker says, "That's the stupidest name for a group I've ever heard yet! Believe me pal, I've heard some real dozes! Like the Doom Patrol and that Brotherhood of Dada."

Last edited:

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
...The usual FF way: Stab it in the face till it bleeds and dies. This is the game series where even small children can become hardened murderers.

I wouldn't say murderers. Murder is a subset of killing, all murders are killings, but not all killings are murders. I'd argue that Final Fantasy's heroes are capable of is serial justifiable homicide, canicide, felicide, deicide, tyrannicide and ect. Both mentally and physically capable of it.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Well all premeditated homicide was justified in some way in the killer's head. Cecil's kingly orders, Shadow and Cloud's money, Locke's cider, Celes' Imperial orders, Barret's Planet all might sound like good reason to kill someone not neccesarily even fighting back to them, doesn't mean it's not murder.

Ite

AKA
Ite
“How droll,” says Joker. “The philosophers are at it again with their word choices. What does it matter whether we call it killing or murder? I’m only after results. Wouldn’t you agree, Palazzo?”

“Uweee hee hee!” Kefka finishes picking the lock with a sharp bit of his sleeve’s fabric.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Meh, the various FF protags have their fair share of letting the villain get away until the appropriate rematch. The Turks a bunch of times, Hojo on the beach, Seymour, Zorn and Thorn, Kefka more than once, Gabranth...

They also aren't likely to seek out the leaders of the local crime gangs unless they bother them somehow, although they'll level grind on the thugs.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
I think Vayne Solidor (and perhaps even Ardyn Izunia) would be the most successful FFvillan of the bunch, he would find a way to take total (political) control of Arkham and them controll every criminal branch within.

Top Bottom