Howdy

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
Hi all! Thought it was about time I joined a FF7 forum, seeing as it’s far and away my favourite game of all time.

Certainly wouldn’t have expected that to be the case back in the mid-90’s, when I wouldn’t touch an RPG with a bargepole, but from the moment the hype for the game started, I was irreparably hooked.

I don’t know whether it was because I’ve always been a sucker for the “plucky freedom fighters overcome the odds” trope (thank you Red Dawn, Sonic SatAM), the amazing demo Official Playstation Magazine included with their preview, the great characters or a combination of the three, but I knew I had to have this game the moment it was released, and played it day in/day out until I finally finished it at stupid o’clock on a Sunday night/Monday morning.

Even though it couldn’t possibly match the original, I’m still very impressed with the remake. Finally got round to finishing it yesterday, and I’m personally happy that they’re going in a very different direction with it rather than just a scene for scene copy with fancy graphics. Although it’s obviously unlikely, I’m holding out hope that
Jessie is still alive, as she was one of my favourites from the original

Looking forward to discussing it with y’all. Ain’t no getting offa this train we’re on! :)

Welcome! I hope you'll like it here. You'll find us a pretty tolerant, easy-going bunch, though we have the occasional flare of drama from time to time.

Fangu

Great Old One
Born in ‘75 and a gaming addict since the early ’80s. First console was a Mattel Intellivision... :)
Nice! I'm 81 myself. My first owned console was the original Game Boy, before that it was playing Atari 7800, NES and older computer games at friends' houses. I'm not even sure they sold the Intellivision in my country... someone might have imported it though :monster:

Top Bottom