i accidentally bought a cheap wii

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
now i need game recommendations

so far i have only thought of the fatal frame/project zero game, zelda(s), xenoblade, and silent hill

The only games I really played (actually spent any amount of time on) were Mad World, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Smash Bros.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
RE Darkside Chronicles, Pandora's Tower

Everything you can grab on Virtual Console (Secret of Mana, Mario RPG, StarTropics, etc.)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
No More Heroes 2, Ookami, Windwaker for Gamecube, Kirby's Epic Yarn.

In addition to all the good suggestions of the folks above me.

manc

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Shahab
Just smash windwaker on it. (GC)

Then download all the old nes stuff.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I'm a bit apprehensive on things like No More Heroes and Muramasa that have updated ports on other consoles, but I will have to look more into them.

I forgot about the Virtual Console. I didn't have Nintendo consoles growing up, so it'd be good to see what's there.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Any Zeldas you've missed, Mario Galaxy, Okami.

New Super Mario Bros Wii, Mario Kart and Brawl are also really good party games if you're into those.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Only thing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned already is Animal Crossing - but only if youve never played an animal crossing game because theyre all pretty much the same.

Oh and Wario Ware :monster:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
the last story is pretty great

it's basically ffix with more drunk people

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I really really liked Twilight Princess, but I've learned that's less popular than I thought it would be. Anyway I'd get the gamecube version if you can. Waggling for 40 hours isn't fun. Gets annoying after 2.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Gamecube Twilight Princess > Wii Twilight Princess hands down. But yes, Zelda. All of the Zelda.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Other than like, Wii sports and Let's Dance (or whatever it's called, some dancing game) I've only played Twilight Princess.

And it was beautiful.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I really really liked Twilight Princess, but I've learned that's less popular than I thought it would be. Anyway I'd get the gamecube version if you can. Waggling for 40 hours isn't fun. Gets annoying after 2.

I'm buying a classic controller for everything because of these reasons.

The wii-mote just feels like somebody smashed apart an N64 controller and handed it back to me. I hate putting on that damned strap, because my wrist always cramps at some point during play, or I have to take a bathroom break and unstrap myself like I'm leaving a quarantine base.

That thing is the reason I don't play the wii that much, and it's only outvoted by how much I want to play the games themselves.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Wagging the Wii remote around in Twilight Princess was fun, though. :(

Especially when jousting. That was good times.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I'm buying a classic controller for everything because of these reasons.

The wii-mote just feels like somebody smashed apart an N64 controller and handed it back to me. I hate putting on that damned strap, because my wrist always cramps at some point during play, or I have to take a bathroom break and unstrap myself like I'm leaving a quarantine base.

That thing is the reason I don't play the wii that much, and it's only outvoted by how much I want to play the games themselves.

I never put the strap on, I live dangerously. :monster:

I agree about the hand cramps. The wiimote should be more ergonomic, I guess they didnt plan on people playing for over 9000 hours. Still, it wouldnt have killed them to give it a better grip (and no that rubberised sleeve doesnt count)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
hahahaha 'strap on'

It arrived this morning, though it took me a while to figure out how to switch the remote on (no box or manual, preowned hence it being cheap). I think I need to look for a memory card? I don't know, but I don't have a game for it yet so that doesn't matter right now.

Also figuring out the easiest way to make it play Japanese games :sadpanda:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Wagging the Wii remote around in Twilight Princess was fun, though. :(

Especially when jousting. That was good times.

Like I said, it was for about 2 hours. There are 38 more. I just wanted a damn button. So I got the GC version.

Also Link's left handed! /difficult

Top Bottom