• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

I just got banned from CBR for a month

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
That's the best way to infuriate though, slightly tweaked stock responses which are transparent. This admin is good at being a cunt :monster:
Calling an admin a "cunt" is an insulting term, and its use is considered rude behavior. You are perfectly welcome to criticize a staff member's work, but you can't insult them for taking actions you don't like.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Calling an admin a "cunt" is an insulting term, and its use is considered rude behavior. You are perfectly welcome to criticize a staff member's work, but you can't insult them for taking actions you don't like.
Tru.

Instead I like: "that admin's action are obnoxious and hypocritical, and the decision he made was unreasonably harsh to a normal criticism of the quality of a writer, which common sense should dictate that it would be protected. The dismissive attitude to the objection is frustrating and has alienated me as a member who enjoys participating in reasonable discussions" better.

But "thanks for nothing, asshole" works just as well sometimes, and has less run on sentences.

Lex

Administrator

Hi Flintlock,

Usage of the word "cunt" is considered offensive and is therefore bannable. You are henceforth not permitted to post until further instruction. Please have a nice day.

-Admin

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I didn't think to check this until just now, but my gf asked if the person I was agreeing with about Bendis's hackery was also banned. I just assumed he had been as well.

He was not. The admin edited it out of his post, but that was it.

What the fuck.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
The plot thickens!

This reminds me of the time I got warned on Gamefaqs for saying that Sephiroth was a douchebag. He is a douchebag. Clearly. He wanted to destroy the world. If that doesn't qualify you as a douchebag then I don't know what does. /bitter

But enough about me, this admin bod is clearly a fanboy with more power than sense.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Man, we get treatises on the forms of government and the proletariat on TLS when a mod gives someone a warning or edits a thread title. These guys can ban without any logic or consistency and no one cares?

Calling a creator a "hack" is an insulting term, and its use is considered
rude behavior. You are perfectly welcome to criticize a writer's work,
but you can't insult them for producing work you don't like.

You were already banned for a week, a month is the next step.

-- CBR Administration Staff

I'm sorry, but I agree with the mod.

Why are the rest of you disagreeing with him in regards to this particular case? Calling anyone a "hack" IS an insult :huh:

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm starting to think Lex is right that they were worried about Bendis reading the thread. It was the first (and biggest) thread created on the revelation about Iceman's sexuality, linked from their news article about the same, and a few comic creators have been known to actually make accounts and post on CBR in the past.

They're mostly lower on the totem pole than Bendis, though -- guys like Fabian Nicieza, Jim Starlin, Peter David, and I think Dan Slott still does once in a blue moon (Slott hasn't ever really realized that he's one of Marvel's Architects now).

I've also been known to mention before that I find Bendis's writing awful, so they probably wanted more than just my one post shut down. Still, in that particular post, I was defending the dude's creative decision about Iceman while acknowledging someone's point that he's a hack (the other person was condemning the decision six ways from Sunday).

So it's not like I was just straight-up bashing Bendis. Hell, I have no personal beef with him. From what I hear, he's actually really personable and gracious when fans meet him at conventions.

Whatever, though. I'm definitely never going back to be part of that forum. I will make sure to tell everyone I know about this, though. :monster:

... The old ladies at work will be very confused.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
If they're worried about Bendis reading it, that still doesn't make their decision any more sensible, though. Surely the person who called him a hack and bashed his writing decisions should also have gotten banned if they wanted to provide even the slightest veneer of consistency to their decisions. Especially since this just came completely out of the blue to you without any sort of prior warning.

Lex

Administrator
I'm sorry, but I agree with the mod.

Why are the rest of you disagreeing with him in regards to this particular case? Calling anyone a "hack" IS an insult :huh:

Because it's a commentary on the quality of his work, not his person. And even if you do consider it an insult, it's still unfair to ban a person for a month for it. Into the bargain Bendis is like celebrity status to these people, you can't censor everyone who has a bad thing to say about him. If we did that here we'd have no members.

I think there's like two people on the whole board who haven't personally attacked Nomura or some other head in the clouds SE person. The rules are different because it's not personal. This isn't someone being full rage with someone else on a board, he's literally just going "I think your work is crap". Which someone isn't going to like hearing, but it's criticism, not a personal attack.

"Bendis is a dick" would be rude.

Lex

Administrator
^Well you're staunch in your belief that it's an insult and I'm staunch in mine that it's criticism, so what's the point in keeping this going :monster:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I considered that it may look like that, but I figured everyone would take note that:

-I wasn't asking or encouraging anyone to make trouble with CBR
-My "drama" (=P) was with the site's administration rather than an ordinary member
-And my goal was to let others know what kind of asshattery is afoot at the biggest online comic community

Other than it peripherally involving another message board, I don't see how bringing this up is any different than sharing an experience with, say, an asshole editor at IGN or The New York Times.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I don't mind per sé, just as long as we don't start planning invasions and other such stuff from here, or get a backlash from that forum, :monster:

Top Bottom