I swear to god I am going to get a gold chocobo this time

Vendel

Banned
Having had the game forever and beaten it a couple of times. Since my replay I have decided that for the love of. I will get that bastard. I will get KoTR. Hell I will even beat the weapons.

As God as my witness I shall full clear this game!

While we are at it.. Anything that you haven't done in game?

I never used mime until this run...ha.
Never gotten the Yuffie date.
Don't think I got the "high" highwind scene either. (poor neglected Tifa)

Edit: ugh...can a mod or something fix my spelling. I hate to put out a bad image in the thread title. heh

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Seriously? I did all that shit first run :monster:

I was determined to do everything that I could before I killed sefiros.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Never gotten the Barret date. I just saw it on Youtube. :monster:

Got KoTR on my first playthrough, and gold chocobo... because I played with Gameshark on. :wackymonster:

Never revived Aerith either. :sadpanda:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I did dick all my first run. And then when I got my ex's beloved copy of VII I played religiously.. an then when we broke up, I sold it to my cousin and made a quick buck. :monster:

I have it on my PSP though so no fret, and it took me DAYS of fucking breeding and racing, but I got that motherfucking Gold chocobo. That is a bitch to get, I'll tell you.

Vendel

Banned
I have it on my PSP though so no fret, and it took me DAYS of fucking breeding and racing, but I got that motherfucking Gold chocobo. That is a bitch to get, I'll tell you.

I think I had to reset my game like 20 times to get a blue female. Fun Times.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I did a walkthrough for FF7, so to be comprehensive I had to do everything over three or four playthroughs. Explored all the areas, did all the secret stuff, used all the characters. Chocobo breeding was easy for me though. The first time I tried for the gold I only had to reset once or twice. On later playthroughs it was nerve-racking, but I got lucky the first time.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Well good for you. :catfight:

Also...Bah

BAH I say!

I take umbrage good sir. SEVERE UMBRAGE.

It's only what I always do with RPGs though. I have to do everything I can before the big finale. I like to exhaust all other opportunities for adventure before diving into the conclusion.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I think I had to reset my game like 20 times to get a blue female. Fun Times.

inorite? Getting the right colour and gender is the most pain in the ass. I don't know how many blue males I could have had paired with green male. *le sigh* If only they were gay...

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Yeah, I never tried dating Yuffie or Barret--not because I don't like them, I just couldn't be arsed to make it so. :monster:

I got the Gold Chocobo way back in my first run, too, and even tried to breed one with 200 speed because Joe annoyed the shit out of me.

But come to think of it, I don't think I ever tried creating Master materia. The only ones I had were the rewards after defeating Emerald.

Vendel

Banned
If only they were gay...

.....and able to breed.

munatik said:
Yeah, I never tried dating Yuffie or Barret--not because I don't like them, I just couldn't be arsed to make it so.

Funny enough. I think I got Barret my first time through. I guess I am just a natural asshole. :muhaha:

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I could never get a gold chocobo because the game liked to crash a lot on me :(

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I've done everything there is to do in FFVII *except*:

-The Yuffie date
-The Barret date
-I have no idea what this "high" Highwind scene is =/

Just to be a dick: I got a gold chocobo my first time on Disc 3, in three hours, without resetting :awesome:

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Only thing I didn't do was defeat Ruby Weapon. Still haven't done it. I HATE fighting that motherfucker. -_-

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Dammit, yer jokin', right? :(

Gaaah. *sheds one lone tear*

I'm gonna take that bitch down. I lent my copy out, though. Gotta wait.

(.......Nobunaga!!!! Like, ftw, man. :monster:)

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
No, seriously. He's weak to Stop. Hit him with Hades or something to stop him, and then KotR his ass into oblivion.

inorite? :awesomonster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I haven't done a lot in FFVII but I'm going to play my "Game crashes a lot" card again.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
Only thing I didn't do was defeat Ruby Weapon. Still haven't done it. I HATE fighting that motherfucker. -_-

I don't blame you. It does take a while (at least my strat did) and I lul'd at how crappy the reward was
(a gimped gold chocobo, as if I didn't have a gaggle of much better birds)
. :rage:

I used the Hades trick myself, but I'd have to get back to you on the rest of my materia set up. Iirc, you have to cast him pretty frequently since the stop effect lasts no more than a couple of turns on the main body, and a poorly-timed KOTR will cause him to counterattack with Ultima. Owie.

Good luck if you ever do take another crack at him. :monster:

Quexinos-- PC version?

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Big Guard, Quad Magic -> Hades/Master Summon, Final Attack -> Phoenix...and of course Mime and KotR (though something like HP Absorb -> KotR can help).

Pretty simple setup, it's just the counters that are a pain. And the tentacles :monster:

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
I didn't bother with Big Guard, but I think I did something like link KOTR with MP turbo and Master Summon with HP absorb, and Hades with MP absorb (the return here isn't that great though tbh). Added a W-Summon, a Mime, and filled the rest of my slots with miscellaneous Stat plusses. And Final Attack/Phoenix as backup :monster: Also broke my no-item rule and used a turbo ether here and there. :whistle: Got the job done at least, and no deaths (apart from dragging Tifa and Red's corpses into the fight).

And conga-rats, Vendel! :bigawesomonster:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I forgot about W-Summon ><

MP Turbo/Absorb/HP Absorb aren't necessary, but they do help a bit. Magic Hammer is better, imo.

Don't forget the HP and MP+'s, ofc :monster:

Top Bottom