Idea for new Compilation game or movie.

EX_SOLDIER

EX_SOLDIER
I've been thinking about what I'd like to see in a new game or even a movie for the next installment in the FFVII story. First of all, I think that the main hero of the story should be Cloud duh. And the enemy should be Genesis. However Genesis in a way seems weaker to me than Sephiroth as was proven in CC and since Zack couldn't beat Sephiroth but Genesis. It's kind of strange, but I believe that amongst all the antagonists of the story, Sephiroth takes the cake. I know that a lot of ppl would disagree with the fact of him coming back again for like the 3rd time, but I think it's almost necessary to make the battle interesting unless Genesis gained so much more strength. I'm sure a lot of ppl share my love for Sephiroth over the others though, and maybe they should have some kind of story that includes the idea of Sephiroth and Genesis working together for a common goal. Or maybe a 3 way battle royale with those two and Cloud. Either way I truly believe that Sephiroth will be back. "I will...never be a memory." The only thing that concerns me is that someone else will play the main protagonist here. DOC was fine and all, but Vincent was really the only character that you could base a game off of. I mean, he had direct ties to Shinra and that made things interesting. We know enough about everyone else that really matters. Sure the others like Red XIII, Cid, Yuffie, Cait Sith, and Barret are good side characters but that's it. Now I'm also hoping that whatever is to be released next will either be a movie, RPG, or action adventure game featuring Cloud and his new sword. Anything less than this would be dissappointing to me. Please feel free to add your own thoughts on this matter and what you hope to see for the next installment in the greatest FF story ever. However please be respectul of others opinions and ideas.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Can you split that into paragraphs? It'd be easier to read.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
ugh, no more Compilation please. Like, ever. Trying to salvage that tangled mess of wasted potential is next to impossible.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I have an idea, we need a game called Cloud's bad day. Which begins with the play unsuccessfully applying Cloud's hair gel after a lengthy minigame, then we have to play an ME2 type convo where we try and make Cloud say the most depressing shit to Tifa that he can.

It all ends in a magnificent mini game where you have to press x as hard as you can to help Cloud push out one MASSIVE turd after another.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
It all ends in a magnificent mini game where you have to press x as hard as you can to help Cloud push out one MASSIVE turd after another.
This would be right on par for Square-Enix. Recycling the exact same premise of crisis core, except in that game it was TAP X AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE PLZ.

Well, I'm not sure I do want another entry to the Compilation, though if they actually made one I'd be right down at Gamer Doc to put in my pre-order. My personal preference would be to see maybe a PSP version of Before Crisis.

To some extent they're between a rock and a hard place. If it doesn't have Cloud, Sephiroth, Shinra, AVALANCHE, and Jenova, it isn't really FFVII. But what could they do with those characters and that scenario that would make it fresh and interesting? What is there left to say? Conversely, if they branched off in a different direction, with new characters and a new crisis unconnected to Shinra or Jenova - if they came up with a story that was good enough to warrant it - then why not just make a new game altogether? (Although I must admit it would be nice to see all those towns revisited in another adventure.)

I'd quite enjoy a FFVII Sims, which would be just like the ordinary Sims, except with monsters. Your characters could get a job with Shinra, commute on the train, go on dates to Fountain square and Seventh Heaven, take holidays to Costa del Sol, get mugged while on a package tour of Wutai.... Give the NPGs their own game, I say. I could be tempted to play that.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I have an idea, we need a game called Cloud's bad day. Which begins with the play unsuccessfully applying Cloud's hair gel after a lengthy minigame, then we have to play an ME2 type convo where we try and make Cloud say the most depressing shit to Tifa that he can.

I'm not sure we should be giving Square ideas.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I actually had a thought on how the compilation could go on myself.
We know that Genesis aims to protect the planet, but that doesn't mean he wants to protect the people on it. Lets say that the planet suffered enough harm from previous incidents such as Geostigma and Sephiroth's attempt to absorb the lifestream in the OG, that it is dying, which is what caused Genesis to finally wake up after DOC.

Genesis could reach the conclusion that if enough people died the spiritual energy returning to the planet might heal the lifestream. Lets also assume the Rufus is continuing to rebuild Shinra. Perhaps Genesis manipulates things so that Shinra and the WRO go to war with each other, thus making a lot of people die and thus return to the planet.

This places Cloud and friends in a tough spot. On the one hand, going after Genesis and brining him to light could end the war and thus save thousands of lives, but then the planet could very well die.

Thats the basic outline of it anyway. I think if the compilation does go on, something like this would probably be the best way to do it.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
If another FFVII product comes along (which I doubt), I would prefer a next-gen remake. The compilation ought to be scrapped.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
How about a game where you're Cloud and you deliver stuff to people? :awesome:
I'd buy that.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Paperboy on Fenrir, I like it.

And I want them to end it dammit. They left the opening to end it, and didn't they even say there would be one more entry? Personally I think it would speak more against them if they couldn't finish what they started.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Paperboy on Fenrir, I like it.

And I want them to end it dammit. They left the opening to end it, and didn't they even say there would be one more entry? Personally I think it would speak more against them if they couldn't finish what they started.

PAPERBOY FFVII omgomg want

Kidding :P

But anyway, yes, they left too many loose ends to not finish it. I say tie it up nicely, remake, end.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Licorice, that's like saying that without Shredder, it wouldn't be TNMT, but the new TNMT movie was awesome *because* it explored instead of rehashed.

No thanks, compilation.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Licorice, that's like saying that without Shredder, it wouldn't be TNMT, but the new TNMT movie was awesome *because* it explored instead of rehashed.

No thanks, compilation.

I have to agree with this. The worst thing the compilation could possibly do is reuse Sephiroth again.

I have to agree with this. The worst thing the compilation could possibly do is reuse Sephiroth again.

I agree. Those villains and themes have been done to death. What I meant was that for the Planet to have to face some completely new crisis unconnected with Shinra, Jenova, Sephiroth and the Lifestream would feel kind of ridiculous - like it's the Planet that can never catch a break. Though I would be delighted for Square to prove me wrong.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Same here, but the chances of Square coming up with something fresh and enjoyable at this point are pretty much non-existant.

EX_SOLDIER

EX_SOLDIER
Same here, but the chances of Square coming up with something fresh and enjoyable at this point are pretty much non-existant.
Well, they did a great job with Crisis Core in my opinion. The game kept me wanting more. However I also read some posts about rediculous ideas that would just drive a man to drink even more than I already do. And the funny thing is that I'd probably buy that BS. Also, the fact that Sephiroth did so much and that he needs to stay gone is a decent point. However you forget that it's Sephiroth. If SE does anything to advance the story it's going to have to involve Genesis to bring something more interesting to the enemies roster list. However Lord Noctis here put in a great idea to finish up the compilation in his first post on page one. I personally loved the idea and would like it if SE thought about this in a fan perspective instead of their own wallets. A final movie, RPG, or action adventure game like Crisis Core would be the best thing to do. Right now I'd even settle to have the before crisis game come to PS3 or PSP just because I never got the chance to play it.

I just don't understand some of the responses that I read. Not finish the story? Please, the one thing I hate is unfinished business. So, I'm voting that it is continued or finally ended for the diehard fans sakes. It would let me sleep better at night anyway. :loopy:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I just don't understand some of the responses that I read. Not finish the story? Please, the one thing I hate is unfinished business. So, I'm voting that it is continued or finally ended for the diehard fans sakes. It would let me sleep better at night anyway. :loopy:
The game did finish. 500 years later, Red XIII has a pair of cubs. That's totally the ending of FFVII. :awesome:

EX_SOLDIER

EX_SOLDIER
Yeah, with SE running things you never know. That would not be cool though. Well, FFVII just became a talking animals show for kids. GREAT!!! Nah, something will happen and it will settle things once and for all. However, the story is supposed to continue until 2017, so until then I'm not ruling anything out. If this site is still around 7 years later we can talk about that then. And knowing SE they'll release FF 20 before we see the end of VII. DAMN THEM!!!!!!!!!! :catfight:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Yeah, with SE running things you never know. That would not be cool though. Well, FFVII just became a talking animals show for kids. GREAT!!! Nah, something will happen and it will settle things once and for all. However, the story is supposed to continue until 2017, so until then I'm not ruling anything out. If this site is still around 7 years later we can talk about that then. And knowing SE they'll release FF 20 before we see the end of VII. DAMN THEM!!!!!!!!!! :catfight:
...you have seen the ending of FFVII right?

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
I would like the next game to show what happens after DoC.
Do you hear me, Square-Enix? Not another prequel, not another *insert name here* Complete, not another Novella... Just a conclusion to the cliffhanger left by DoC's secret ending.

EX_SOLDIER

EX_SOLDIER
...you have seen the ending of FFVII right?
I have and I know all about Red XIII living for ages and producing cubs. It's still not relevant to the story in detail.

I would like the next game to show what happens after DoC.
Do you hear me, Square-Enix? Not another prequel, not another *insert name here* Complete, not another Novella... Just a conclusion to the cliffhanger left by DoC's secret ending.
Amen there friend. I agree with finding out what happens after DOC. That's what I've been talking about this whole time.:awesome:

Top Bottom