Idea for the Remake Part 2

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
Anyone who knows me will tell you that I detested the fate ghosts, time daemons, and all the other unnecessary crap shoe horned into the remake to "improve" something which was already way better than anything Square Enix have produced in two decades.

But, I also know a lot of people love what they've done with the remake too.

With the time lines now smashed or changed or whatever, could this give the opportunity for the player in part two a chance to play the way they want the story to go?

In other words, if you want to keep the story the same as the original then just make the right choices which lead to that future. And if you want to play Kingdom Hearts with FF7 characters then choose a different path?

Ashen

Pro Adventurer
I wish, but I doubt that'll happen. Making a game like Remake is really expensive, and that'd be like making two games in one. And nowdays they don't seem to like to make hidden scenes and such, that are expensive and could be ignored, much less an alternate whole game.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
My elephant memory (that is exclusively for FFVII) recalled a decade old article I read (wow!) with a similar idea.

https://venturebeat.com/2012/01/21/how-square-enix-could-pull-off-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake/

Take a clue from Pokémon (and Nier)

The best selling RPG series of all time is Pokémon. Do you know what Pokémon does ? It spawns (at least) two versions of each games on Day one. Could Square pull of the Final Fantasy VII remake by making two versions of it ?

Final Fantasy VII – Old school version

The old school version of the remake would essentially be a graphical upgrade and a few gameplay tweaks here and there to make it more player friendly without touching any core mechanics (like an "heal all" option a la Dragon Quest, "suspend", "fast forward combat" etc.) .

Final Fantasy VII – New school version

The new school version could be Square's chance to show how they can implement new, more modern, gameplay mechanics that would be more fit to the newcomer.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
They gave less choice to the players, say everything is less left to imagination now and clearly want to write in the Compilation into the game so that it'll flow whithin.

They're not making 2 games. They're tightening their writing and making things more obvious.

Top Bottom