If our music existed in FFVII

L7macleod

Lv. 1 Adventurer
So a friend and I had a real nerdy conversation about a week ago. We're both real big music fans, and were wondering...

If the music from our world, existed in FVII, what would the characters listen to?

Here was our conclusions:

Sephiroth - Black Metal all the way
Red XIII - Jazz, Prog Rock
Vincent - melancholy music, he loves The Cure
Cait Sith - troll music, or the guy that only knows the obvious songs
Aeris - Indie
Tifa - More mainstream stuff, not necessarily Top 40. We figured Nirvana or something
Barrett - political music, we said Public Enemy, I also say stuff like Springsteen or The Clash.
Cid - Classic Rock. I can just picture him working on his rocket, smoking, cussing, and cranking up the Led on the radio
Yuffie - J Pop

and we really couldn't figure out what Cloud would be into, he's real introverted...

kind of a silly conversation, but hell it's all in good fun. What do you all think?

AvecAloes

Donator
Oh gosh, Cid, yes. That's perfect.

I kind of see Sephoroth listening to classical music, actually. Tchaikovsky.

Lex

Administrator
I once replaced all the music in the PC version of the game with mainstream/pop/dance music. The result was hilarious.

Playing Mog's minigame in the Gold Saucer with this playing was oddly fitting, and quite the experience:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Reno likes punk/new wave, I'll fight anyone who says otherwise :D

Cloud likes Linkin Park so he can craaawwwwllll in his skin :monster:

Lex

Administrator
THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NAT EEEEEOOOOO [heal]

That song is so Cloud.

EDIT: Actually, continuing with that line of thought:

Fear is how I fall
Confusing what is real...

That song really is SO Cloud.

Ghost X

Sephiroth: Classical, full orchestra, with choir n' all that stuff. If there is a technical term for it :P.
Cloud: Nu Metal.
Red XIII: "International" music (which would include tribal stuff).
Vincent: Classical, without choir :P.
Cait Sith: Circus / side show music.
Aerith: New Age.
Tifa: R n' B?
Barrett: Angsty political-charged music.
Cid: Classic Rock.
Yuffie: Country / folk (I think her theme suits her).

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Roxy Musics Virginia Plain always reminds me of Tifa, I've no idea why - the lyrics are totally unrelated.

As for her music choice I think pop/rock but more 70s/80's the kind of stuff you'd hear in a bar like 7th heaven.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
The guy from Goo Goo Dolls always reminds me of Cloud for some reason, so toss them in his playlist.

L7macleod

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I guess it's agreed Cid is into classic rock lol
I think we thought Cloud would be into ambient, i don't know why
No one else sees Sephiroth into black metal? Idk he's a dark person...lol
Also, I don't know why, but I can see Aeris into some Kate Bush, I can just see it...

anothercid

Human, being
This is my favourite topic ever.

Sephiroth doesn't strike me as the sort of person who takes any genuine pleasure in music (even in the good old days), but I suspect he likes to put on classical music as a kind of audio decor for a room. He's probably pretty knowledgeable about it, too, in a detached way.

Cloud actually listens to a lot of classic rock, mainly because his friend Zack used to and young Cloud was nothing if not impressionable. One of the few things he and Cid have ever really bonded over is a mutual love of AC/DC.

I concur with Pixel that Tifa loves her some Coldplay, but can we give her the benefit of the doubt and say she prefers their first two albums and is also a big Elliott Smith fan? Feels mean otherwise.

Barret is into political music, but more the louder, angrier, more punky stuff than anything else. Reeve, conversely, is a big fan of the more lyrically considered work of artists like Bob Dylan and the Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy. They both like New Model Army quite a bit.

On a side note, here is Cait Sith's new theme tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AMnZbONz2Q

Red XIII? Biiiiiig Spank Rock fan.

I shall continue this at a later date.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
^Now I'm picturing Aerith doing Kate's weird dances from, like, the Moving video. Or the Running Up That Hill one. With Zack. Or maybe Sephiroth for lulz.

Demona

Dominique Destine
AKA
Sizheng
I kind of see Sephoroth listening to classical music, actually. Tchaikovsky.

Since hearing Avec suggest that, I haven't been able to get the image of Sephiroth swinging Masamune and slaughtering legions of faceless NPCs to Vivaldi's Seasons or Beethoven's Violin Sonata no. 5.

Even better--he flourishes his sword and thrusts it through a virgin for every trill in Mozart's Oboe Concerto.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I would imagine Sephiroth, if he listens to metal, listening to hopelessly cold death/doom like Incantation, diSEMBOWELMENT, etc. Classical could also fit, but I see him listening to the heavily nationalistic stuff like Wagner.

A lot of what people have said about the other characters' music taste seems spot-on to me.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Cloud only listens to country music because that is all he was exposed to in Nibelheim.

Zack does too. They are two huge losers who listen to country music unironcially.

Everything thinks they're really uncool because of this.

Top Bottom