• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

If Sephiroth had a girlfriend, how do you think she'd be?

Zef

Rookie Adventurer
Seph did seem to hold Professor Gast to a pretty high regard, so he could have possibly met her. But being only 9 years older than Aerith, he would have likely met her as well in this scenario which begs a lot of questions.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
There's an old fan theory that Sephiroth traveled backwards in time and became Marquise Elmdor of Limberry and might have had a brief relationship with two twin female assassins!

(FF Tactics reference!)

I can see young Sephiroth being the very pretty and very naive type who ends up getting taken advantage of by an older woman, leading him to distrust women and disregard sex as an adult.

If he does want sexual release, then I agree with Octo in that sex for him would be very efficient and emotionless (dare I say, loveless?).

I don't think Sephiroth would choose to date someone he saw as being on his own level in terms of prowess in battle. He would probably date someone purely because they showed interest and he felt the need to oblige in dating them, and wouldn't treat her as an equal. Not that he would disrespect her, but he certainly wouldn't love her.

That being said, SephAerith is adorable and I love it.

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
I think, whoever Sephiroth is with, has to be someone who can get and keep his interest. Someone who can give him a decent fight would certainly be interesting. Although with Elfe it's her question that gives him pause, something along the lines of "I know what I'm fighting for, do you?"

Because he doesn't have an answer.

At the same time - we know he had a close relationship with Genesis and an obsession with Cloud after losing his mind - I think strong people would be more interesting to him. Although I'll concede that strong doesn't have to mean 'beat him in a fight' strong.

Captain Jack Harkness

not a out-of-bounds guy
AKA
4nn4-chan, Loras Tyrell, Loki
I like AeriSeph (and he "impaled" her with his long "sword" , so it's obviously canon :awesome:) but I tend to see him as asexual (specifically, he never gave any thoughts about sex at first and then simply said "who cares anyway"), maybe with a hint of homosexuality.
probably Hojo blamed his alien genes for this (JENOVA is asexual, right?)

and talking about Sephiroth/JENOVA, don't forget that she is shapeshifter :monster:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
You know, asexuals can have sex too, for a variety of reasons such as conceiving a child, pleasuring their partner, etc. Even if Sephiroth is asexual, he might still want a romantic relationship of some sort.

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
Yes, most of the posts here seem to think Sephiroth is Aromantic or possibly Aromantic and Asexual. Asexual just means no interest in sex - not no interest in people. I don't think we should conflate Sephiroth being Alien or asocial with being Asexual.

Jenova is asexual in the sense a reproducing asexually but that doesn't have anything to with asexual as an orientation.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Is Jenova really asexual? I mean, IIRC it can change people into monsters and stuff, but is that how it reproduces? Like if there were others of it's species it might reproduce sexually or something. Or it might have a weird convoluted life cycle that we can't even imagine. I dunno. I've probably forgotten some details.

Re:Seph I think he's all the A's. I mean, pehaps he has the odd furious wank but I doubt it's about anyone specifcally and more of a mechanical clearing out of the pipes. I don't think he has enough interest/respect for other people to want a relationship.

It would have been interesting to see how they would have handled the original Aerith/Seph storyline. I imagine his character would have been a lot different - perhaps he would have been more of a normal kind of guy. Unless they drastically changed Aeriths character too, I can't imagine her going for anybody like Sephiroth in a million years.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I'm pretty sure Jenova procreates by splitting itself up, usually by infecting other creatures and incorporating whatever it finds useful from them. Organisms infected by Jenova would still use sexual reproduction if they aren't altered enough to lose that capacity.

I figure Sephiroth probably needs to get to know someone before he feels any romantic attraction to them, if he's not aromantic.

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
I don't think Jenova reproduces so much as spreads - with all the infected things still a part of the same Jenova. I don't think it's reproduction because there aren't any new organisms created so much as an expansion of a single mind - a mushroom that eats a log until nothing is left but a log shaped fungus isn't reproducing it's just spreading, Jenova is the same.

I don't see why everyone thinks Sephiroth is so cold and distant. He clearly cared deeply for Angeal and Genesis. Note that at the point Sephiroth goes crazy he's lost his two best friends - he's completely alone and that probably took a toll. I think pre-breakdown Sephiroth was perfectly capable of forming relationships - but I don't think he was allowed to have much of a life. He was literally created to be a SOLDIER and that's all he was expected to be or want - pretty lonely.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
As long as it has control over what it infects, I guess it's adding to itself rather than actually procreating. However, it also seems to behave like a retrovirus, spreading through the gene pool of individuals it isn't controlling. Lucrecia and Gillian seem to indicate Jenova cells are hereditary, leading to individuals with its traits who can potentially end up quite a bit like Jenova, depending on what they inherited. I also think Jenova is capable of letting a separated piece of itself become a separate entity like how certain plants can have a piece cut off and replanted as a separate plant. In any case, the method by which it spreads probably qualifies as asexual reproduction.

The OG seemed show Sephiroth as somewhat cold and distant. In CC, we don't really see much of what his friendship with Angeal and Genesis was like before everything started falling apart. While Sephiroth is clearly capable of forming close platonic relationships that he values very much, it's clear that he doesn't socialize with that many people outside of his work, which makes it hard to gauge his interest in pursuing various types of relationships.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I don't see why everyone thinks Sephiroth is so cold and distant. He clearly cared deeply for Angeal and Genesis. Note that at the point Sephiroth goes crazy he's lost his two best friends - he's completely alone and that probably took a toll. I think pre-breakdown Sephiroth was perfectly capable of forming relationships - but I don't think he was allowed to have much of a life. He was literally created to be a SOLDIER and that's all he was expected to be or want - pretty lonely.

Hello, I'm new to the forums here.

Anyway, on this topic, I agree with your post here. I always thought CC Sephiroth capable of forming relationships; he's reserved and not very social, but obviously he does have two best friends, showing that it is possible for someone to get close to him.
On the topic of him getting a girlfriend... well, he apparently never had any :monster:
But I don't think that means he was aromantic or asexual. I always had the feeling that he likes girls just as much as any guy, but that being who he is he never had time to find one he cared for (and he's not a ladies man like Zack or anything, so he doesn't go out of his way to find a woman to flirt with/talk to).
I always thought that if he did have a girlfriend/special girl somewhere, the Nibelheim Incident would've happened differently.
I'm still on the fence about him being a virgin or not. Somehow I keep thinking he's more likely to be a virgin... Or maybe I just like the funny thought of him being one even though he's so well-known with a high status. :monster:

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
I'm picturing Sephiroth like Kovu in The Lion King 2 when he doesn't understand fun. "What is the purpose of this training." I just don't think Sephiroth was given much of a chance to do normal people things like meet people.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'm picturing Sephiroth like Kovu in The Lion King 2 when he doesn't understand fun. "What is the purpose of this training." I just don't think Sephiroth was given much of a chance to do normal people things like meet people.

Yeah, this. He was raised to be a SOLDIER, and not have a normal life like most people. I think that's another reason why he's so reserved and not very social. Angeal and Genesis helped to bring him out of that,k even if it was only around them. I think it made him more 'normal', more emotional.

Yeah, this. He was raised to be a SOLDIER, and not have a normal life like most people. I think that's another reason why he's so reserved and not very social. Angeal and Genesis helped to bring him out of that,k even if it was only around them. I think it made him more 'normal', more emotional.

Kind of makes you realize how special those two were to him. Even with all of Genesis' Loveless quoting and Angeal's scoldings, it must have been nice to feel included after what, twenty-ish years of social isolation?

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
I've heard the theory that the the remnants are what Sephiroth remembers of himself -so Kadaj is his version of 'self' - still a child in many ways, and then he makes the other two so Kadaj won't be alone. He doesn't remember his life or his friends, but he knows Kadaj shouldn't be alone so he gets one tall beautiful friend and one big strong friend to go with him - each made from Sephiroth and representing an aspect of them.

I think Sephiroth was very attached to Angeal and Genesis and wouldn't have gone mad if he hadn't lost everyone first.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Just imagine having only two people in your entire life that you're close to and care about. On one hand, those two friends are awesome, but on the other, when you're not around them, you gotta feel kind of lonely.
When he mentions Genesis having beaten all of Loveless's quotes into his head, he's smiling about it, so you can tell that even if he was tired of it at times, he still finds it funny.

I also think if Genesis and Angeal were still his friends when he found some stuff out, he wouldn't have reacted quite like that, especially with those two to help him figure things out and hopefully keep him calm.
It doesn't help that Genesis is the one that tells him all that crap in the first place.

Wait, wasn't this thread supposed to be about Sephiroth's potential girlfriend?

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Well, discussing how Sephiroth feels about people helps figure out what kind of relationship he'd be most likely to end up in if the circumstances allowed. As far as I can tell, even with the opportunity to socialize more Sephiroth would probably be an introvert. Having a few close friends isn't that lonely for someone who finds larger groups of people too crowded. That said, the loss of the few people he could trust as well as losing his faith in Shinra probably made him feel more isolated than ever. I can't help but wonder how things would've turned out if Genesis tried to get Sephiroth to help him from the beginning instead of leaving him behind.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Clearly, Genesis would be a great potential girlfriend.

Nah, he's too jealous. :monster:

It does make you understand someone's preferences more when you understand them more. I've always wondered what kind of girl Sephiroth would like. Of course if he ever did get a girlfriend, it'd probably be someone a little surprising to him, as in not quite what he thought his 'type' would be.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I was thinking since Sephiroth and Aerith in some drafts were originally going to be love interests I think ironically a girl like her would be his type. She and him have a lot in common like being kept captive in a place against their wills and feeling out of place from others. It makes one thing what if Sephiroth fell into her church instead of Zack.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Well before Sephiroth went crazy, he didn't have a mother alive anymore as far as he knew, so she would have no say in his girlfriend choices.
I don't really see Aerith as someone Sephiroth would fall for, myself. Not sure how to put it more detailed than that, just that I don't think it'd happen? I think Aerith might be scared of him, if she ever met him instead of Zack. Zack disarmed her and made her at ease around him, and she didn't even know he was a SOLDIER. Sephiroth probably would've been noticed as someone very different. Not to mention he's not the most social of guys, so not much chance of charming her.

Top Bottom