• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

If Sephiroth had a girlfriend, how do you think she'd be?

sephirothpaine

Pro Adventurer
I think Sephiroth is either Asexual or gay(coughCloudcough). Have ya'll guys read the lifestream: Black from OTWTAS? He literally throwaway his memories of his childhood and his few friend, even his physical appearance. He make Cloud his Core......even though he did it with hate, love and hate have a thin line. I personally find it too obsessive.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I think Sephiroth is either Asexual or gay(coughCloudcough). Have ya'll guys read the lifestream: Black from OTWTAS? He literally throwaway his memories of his childhood and his few friend, even his physical appearance. He make Cloud his Core......even though he did it with hate, love and hate have a thin line. I personally find it too obsessive.

I think he could possibly be demisexual. He is only sexually attracted to those who he has an emotional bond with.

http://demisexuality.org/articles/what-is-demisexuality/

Starling

Pro Adventurer

His obsession with Cloud doesn't come across as sexual. I think it's worth pointing out that abuse, whether sexual, physical, emotional, psychological and so on is about power over the victim. Even stuff like rape isn't about satisfying sexual desires. Incidentally, that goes a long way to explaining why Sephiroth likes to torment Cloud so much. He just prefers doing it psychologically. People call it mindrape for a reason.

Sephiroth is fixated with Cloud because when he rather effortlessly got rid of anyone who tried to stop him in Nibelheim, Cloud managed to stab him with the Buster Sword. When Sephiroth tried to get revenge for that, he got killed. Then, he took the time to torment Cloud as much as he could, make him suffer as much as possible before carrying out his plan. Even then, Cloud ended up pulling himself back together and killing him again. At this point, Sephiroth had to focus on something vital to him in order to stay around in the lifestream. From what I can tell, making a living individual the core of your being helps maintain your existence better than something abstract would, meaning his best bet was to focus on his hatred of Cloud. Along with his plan, those were the 2 things he valued the most. He may or may not have cared about having to let go of the rest but I don't think he had much choice in the matter.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Never even heard of demisexuality before; very interesting. That's a possibility too, I could kind of see him being like that.

And I agree Starling; I never thought Sephiroth was gay or had that sort of 'feeling' for Cloud, he just hates him, and loves to torment him mentally. Mental torment, or mindrape, is some thing he does pretty well after he becomes evil.

Shimi

Rookie Adventurer
My first thought was someone that's just like Yuffie. Maybe not the actual Yuffie, but someone that mirrors her personality and is closer to Sephiroth's age (but still a few years younger). Think about it. Her personality may be the opposite of his, but because of this they'd complement each other, making up for what the other lacks. She'd cheer him up and bring out his playful side while he'd keep her grounded in the present (as opposed to her having her head in the clouds). It'd be a mix of creativity and logic. Rather than being book smart, (though not an idiot either), she would be clever and cunning enough to pleasantly surprise him. He'd tease her with big words that she doesn't understand to see her get flustered as she tries to figure them out. She would comfort him when he's upset, and he would hold her close when she's sad.
Sounds kinda odd, but i can picture it. One more thing: she'd know how to cook (since I cant picture Sephiroth doing it well) and she'd enjoy surprising him with dinner and birthday cakes.
I think this type of girl would complement him very well.

MintEggs

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I think they'd have to be someone incredibly patient as I've always viewed Sephiroth as an emotionally stunted person with his (theoretical) upbringing and all. Dealing with someone like that can be difficult at times. Not only that but if we're talking before he went coco-bananas, there would be long periods of time where they probably wouldn't see each other. (Like Aerith and Zack) Seeing as he was in SOLDIER at the time.

For other things, I think they should be lighthearted but be able to put their foot down when needed. TBH even then seeing Sephiroth in a relationship would need a lot of context and buildup. I don't see him as a guy that casually dates people.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I think if Sephiroth learned the truth of his circumstances under "different" circumstances he might have accepted himself better and not taken on the role of "enemy of the planet".

Sure, he'd still be egotistical and full of himself, but he potentially HAD friends, and potentially could've had even more friends, even someone like Cloud.

He just made the mistake of believing that his origin mattered more than friends did.

That's the sort of thing that brought Angeal back from the depths to at least connect with Zack.

Of course, Shinra and Hojo are mostly to blame for his upbringing.... the guy could've been Dr. Gast's protege'.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
This is interesting I'd like to see a future antagonist or villain with a love interest as in not a fanboy or groupie but someone with a genuine interest in someone could be a party member who wants to stop his wife or her husband with conflicts of course.

I would say Seymour and Japanese Bhunivelze are close but they have a twisted "love" so I really wouldn't call it real love.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
^Someone needs to play Final Fantasy XIII-2, I see.

Completed it 100% and bought one of novellas, Fragment After.

Caius is my second favorite villain but I wouldn't really call Yeul a love interest.

WinglessACCS

Da Fat Weeaboo Who Likes RPGs
If Sephiroth had a girlfriend...

...in truth, she'd be jealous of his beautiful hair. That's about it.

Celes777

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I can see young Sephiroth being the very pretty and very naive type who ends up getting taken advantage of by an older woman, leading him to distrust women and disregard sex as an adult.

If he does want sexual release, then I agree with Octo in that sex for him would be very efficient and emotionless (dare I say, loveless?).

I don't think Sephiroth would choose to date someone he saw as being on his own level in terms of prowess in battle. He would probably date someone purely because they showed interest and he felt the need to oblige in dating them, and wouldn't treat her as an equal. Not that he would disrespect her, but he certainly wouldn't love her.

That being said, SephAerith is adorable and I love it.
Like young Sephiroth x Scarlet. :mon::mon:

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
Lightning does actually seem like a good fit for Sephiroth. He can’t have her though, she’s mine!

I think Sephiroth is more focused on his career than love. ? Actually, everyone saying they consider him asexual pretty much have the same view I did when I gave this topic thought. He’s never seemed interested in a relationship at all. I could see him hooking up with Tifa just to spite Cloud. Or Aerit- Ohhhhhh.... Awkwardddd...

Celes777

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lightning does actually seem like a good fit for Sephiroth. He can’t have her though, she’s mine!

I think Sephiroth is more focused on his career than love. ? Actually, everyone saying they consider him asexual pretty much have the same view I did when I gave this topic thought. He’s never seemed interested in a relationship at all. I could see him hooking up with Tifa just to spite Cloud. Or Aerit- Ohhhhhh.... Awkwardddd...

JUST LOOK AT THEM4DE9CA79-04E6-4DD6-9B2F-9A6CB3E8E2C2.gif

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA

Well, he and Aerith were planned to be lovers at one point.

Celes777

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I think Aerith and Sephiroth is cute together too. She might really have the personality to get him interested. I also remember they were planned to be brother and sister too? That'd be interesting to see.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
To revive this thread I want to go back to the idea of maybe Sephiroth together with Cissenei (this dormant fanfiction called Another Story paired them), Elfe (Another fiction paired them as well), and Argento (One fanfiction suggest it).

You know for Argento I imagine her being just a few years older than Sephiroth but never or less be someone who he would respect for her strength and insight. Also her ability to create weapons is a great asset and great to maintain his sword.

NarcissisticCannibal

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I don't think Sephiroth would chase after girls or deliberately seek love. But I could imagine him falling in love with someone and not being able to resist her. I don't think that would be Aerith. Aerith is too conventionally kind for him. He'd need someone with a more relative morality.
I think he'd go for someone very intelligent, beautiful and strong but not in the sense of battle strong. Maybe a woman with an edge and some cynicism to go with his dry humor.

Top Bottom