• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

If you could make a new Compilation game (not a remake) what would you do with it?

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Ok, to start this off (assuming it goes anywhere from this post) my own idea. It may not be popular, but I think this would be cool.

My idea is for a sandbox type game, somewhat like the GTA series, or how they did Spider-man 2. The entire game world as we know it from the rest of the Compilation would appear, every city, every materia cave, all the geographical locations like Mount Corel and such, all of it.

The games general theme would be "this is what life is like for the party when Sephiroth stays dead". All the living party members would be playable rather than just one or two, despite my distaste for Cait Sith. Each character would have a slightly different playstyle. Playing as Cloud would give you access to the Fenrir and First Tsurugi/Ken, with the other five fusion swords added in as optional add-ons as you level up, also allowing dual-wielding once you have at least one unlocked. Playing as Cid would provide access to the Tiny Bronco or Shera, or perhaps some new small-scale aircraft that replaces Tiny Bronco the way Shera replaced Highwind. Tifa would give the player access to Cooking Mama style mini-games to prepare drinks when playing at the bar, and martial arts beat-em-up style play when in the field.

The game would be non-linear, doing a job for one person would unlock more jobs from them, but you could easily ignore them to work for someone else as in most sandbox type games. So, Cloud might do a delivery job for Reeve and the WRO, or he might do accept a request from Rufus to track down and defeat a monster that is threatening... whatever Shinra is up to after ACC. Not clear on that yet. The cellphones everyone, including Nanaki for some reason, now have would play an important role, you could use them to call up any character you are not playing as and switch to them at any time outside of a mission, for instance you are playing as Tifa, and Reeve asks her to accept a job that requires a long range fighter. She is given the option to accept at once, decline until later, or use her cell to call Barret, Vincent, or Yuffie and turn the job over to them.

Jobs would range from innocent and seemingly unimportant stuff like delivering a shipment of liqour to Seventh Heaven to testing new combat moogles for Cait Sith to serious stuff like assisting local law enforcement and tracking down new energy sources.

An overarching story would occur as time goes on, intoducing a new villain which would be the games final storyline boss, though I honestly haven't a clue who this would be or what makes them dangerous, though I am sure Nomura would design an outfit for them with 40 belts and at least one oversized zipper.

So, anyone else got a crazy idea like this, or care to critique mine? I hope so, or this thread is gonna be fairly pointless :P

In other words: Go.

Edit: A thought that just occurred to me, I would make absolutely certain that, at some point in the game (possibly multiple times) Cloud and Tifa would exchange the words "I love you" and be shown kissing, holding hands, and disappearing into their bedroom at Seventh Heaven in the most risque manner I could possibly get away with. Then at release go to a CxA forum to watch the mass hysteria.

Last edited:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I'd make a key theme of the plot deal with a time travel materia which eventually leads to every single event in the compilation being erased from existence.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Does the time travel have to completely erase the Compilation, or just somehow force it to make sense?

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
I want a storyline that doesn't suck.

But for game play, I imagine I'd make it something similar to FF12's set up, but with a bit more focus on the plot. The battle system of that game was awesome, but can be tweaked to make it more original for a new game. Bring back the pseudo-turn based battles so there's more focus on strategy instead of button-mashing. And of course, have materia be more like it was in the original, with all the different kinds and materia linking.

I'd also like to have sections of the game where you control characters aside from Cloud and the original party, such as Genesis or Rufus/the Turks, or mix them with the original members as the story calls for it.

Also, since there's such a potential for so many different types of characters and their different playstyles, give us a gorram multiplayer mode :monster: Perhaps at Gold Saucer, in the Battle Square, two players could choose characters to fight.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Shenron, oh mighty dragon god, my wish is for you to comment.

Edit: Guess I didn't have all 7 Dragonballs when I made that wish, damn.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
First off I'd bring Aerith back. Dunno how I just would. Then Lucrecia would somehow get out of the crystal and she and Vincent would reunite. For the big kicker, Cloud would turn out to have an evil twin :D

So while Cloud is out saving the world, he has to keep away from the shinra police, because they think Cloud did all the evil stuff.

The last boss would be Zack, who's trying to get Aerith back into the lifestream.

and maybe when I'm not in such a trollish mood I'll make a real post :monster:

I really like that idea, Grudge. I'd buy it. In fact, I'd pre-order it. I also second the request for multiplayer mode, and a chance to play as at least a couple of the Turks.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
Well thank you Licorice, at least one person liked my idea. I was thinking at least on jobs where you work for Rufus the Turks could well be playable, and even if you chose not to play as them they'd no doubt factor into partner missions. Multiplayer is also a lovely idea, maybe support up to four player simultaneous play like X-Men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

I'm also thinking that for missions with more than one character in play/during multiplayer, there should be some tag-team type moves that could be used. Like, Tifa uses Meteor Strike on Cloud, who turns it into Braver on the targeted enemy. Sound cool?

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
To be able to multiplay in the main game proper via something like Xbox live or something would also be awesome, as well as just the Battle Square idea. And still have the option to play by yourself with the other party members being AI/gambit operated in the storyline.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'd actually make an RPG in the vein of FFXII..an actual installment that leaves you wanting to play it and come back for more.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Actually if it were me, as good as my idea is, I think a beter idea would be to tell the person who suggested another FFVII game to fuck off and then go back to working on the xbox 360 exclusive Kingdom Hearts III

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Yeah, we gotta save them from their torment, help Operation Dumbo Drop, defeat the Heartless in Hockey, visit the world of Space Jam and fight the Samurai Hitler like they promised us.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
@Grudge: I think it's obvious Genesis will be the next villain. I also second the idea of an in your face conclusion to the LTD. :monster:

@Alex: I think I'd be down with the materia just erasing DoC, imho.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
In the next game, Cloud dies :monster: He becomes the new embodiment of Jenova and instead of wreaking more havoc he says fuck this shit and decides to launch himself off into space to remove her influence from the planet in an overly dramatic sequence where the other original party members fight him to stop him and keep him at home.
And they lose :awesome:

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
Can you imagine the collective brick-shitting in the fanbase?

So awesome :monster: I'd have to pause and walk away for a while just to process something like that. Especially if for the bulk of the game you still play as Cloud.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
@Alex: I think I'd be down with the materia just erasing DoC, imho.
BC shouldn't be exempt either.

Nor should that whole Genesis thing.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
That sounds pretty amusing to me Lox.

In the tradition of the Compilation, I would leave Genesis out of it, just so people can scratch their heads and go "Huh? I thought he'd be in this game." Partly for the sake of being a dick, and partly cause I think a non-Jenova derived main villain is due already. :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Maybe have it turn out that Genesis is a good guy. That'd really make them scratch their heads :monster:

Or have the next Compilation title from Genesis' POV :D

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I've never played it either. But I don't like what I hear from it.

Gym Leader Devil

AKA
So many names
If Genesis did show back up, I'd have to hope that he's already gotten everything he needed out of Loveless and makes, if any reference at all, a very passing reference to it.

Or better yet, some other character refers to and tries to quote it, only for Genesis to take their head off with the Rapier halfway through and proclaim "Enough with the damn play! I've beaten it to death already!"

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
I like Genesis :monster: The Loveless quoting got a little old, but I liked his character and can see him going in a number of awesome directions. Knowing Square, they'll probably miss every one of them, but since this is a WWYD thread, I'd do something more along the lines of what Quex said make him a good guy that may or may not have some questionable intentions. And I'd put him close to Cloud in the storyline and make him one of the main party members.

Top Bottom