I'm going to be honest about this LTD thing. A lot of you aren't going to like this.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
And keep in mind that this isn't any sort of official decree. This is just my own opinion, love it or hate it, and well, you're perfectly allowed to not like what I'm about to say, here.

But this LTD thing is just getting too much attention. I know, I can't really chide you guys for discussing something you like, especially considering it's all in good fun, nobody is breaking any rules, and the house didn't get burned down. But if even half the the attention that the LTD and all of its related topics were redirected to the rest of the site, anywhere on the rest of the site, business would be booming.

I won't try to understand why people like talking about what, has really been decided more than a decade ago over and over, instead of finding new creative ways to express our interest in the fandom in other directions, the same old LTD gets discussed over, and over, and over.

I know I'm going to catch a lot of flak for this. But I really just want to get off my chest that there are other things to discuss and give your attention to other than the LTD. I'm not even saying not to like it or discuss it. But I honestly think there's an disproportionate amount of attention going on, here.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Well, get some delusional loonies to make shit up about the rest of the compilation and we'll be in business.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I've given my attention to other parts of this site besides the LTD.

But there's currently a shit storm, so it's quite hilarious to be a part of. Now if you'll excuse me... I have to get back to the LTD thread. :awesome:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Well, get some delusional loonies to make shit up about the rest of the compilation and we'll be in business.

That's generally the reason given why people give so much attention to the LTD. But does it really, uh, matter, if people refuse to grasp on to what's truth, or what's canon? And not just in regards to the LTD, but anything, really. People are going to think what they want generally.

"SOMEONE...THINKS...CLERITH...IS CANON...MUST ENGAGE IN...136 PAGE DEBATE..."

Isabella

Your Mom
I think the element you're missing, Mog, is the social aspect. It's like an unofficial club, for better or worse, and people go in there to check up with (and goof off with) people they've come to know as much as anything. I think we're all aware how silly and tired the subject is, but is it really hurting anyone?

If there were any topics that still generated this much debate I'm sure they'd be hopping too. But hell, we can't argue about whether the planet survived or not anymore. We can't argue about whether Jenova or Sephiroth was in charge anymore. A lot of the mystery of the original game has been squashed by the compilation.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's generally the reason given why people give so much attention to the LTD. But does it really, uh, matter, if people refuse to grasp on to what's truth, or what's canon? And not just in regards to the LTD, but anything, really. People are going to think what they want generally.

That's generally the reason given why people give so much attention to those who debate the LTD. But does it really, uh, matter, if people choose to debate on what's truth, or what isn't canon? And not just in regards to the LTD, but anything, really. People are going to discuss what they want generally.

"SOMEONE...THINKS...LTD...IS IMPORTANT...MUST ENGAGE IN...136 PAGE DEBATE..."

....Seriously dude. If people can fucking wank over Sephiroth's power level, people can wank about what emotional and physical relationship the protagonist is pursuing in his life. It's that simple.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
That's generally the reason given why people give so much attention to those who debate LTD. But does it really, uh, matter, if people choose to debateon what's truth, or what isn't canon? And not just in regards to the LTD, but anything, really. People are going to discuss what they want generally.

"SOMEONE...THINKS...LTD...IS IMPORTANT...MUST ENGAGE IN...136 PAGE DEBATE..."

....Seriously dude. If people can fucking wank over Sephiroth's power level, people can wank about what emotional and physical relationship the protagonist is pursuing in his life. It's that simple.

I'm not saying they shouldn't find it interesting or discuss it. It's just the balance that bothers me. I just wish people would explore other aspects of the games universe even as half as much as they did LTD's. They're not wrong for doing so, but it still sucks from my subjective viewpoint. I find the 'WHO'S REALLY IN CONTROL JENOVA/SEPH' debate annoying too after a while, if other things are left neglected.

I'm allowed to not really like the imbalance of the whole thing, man.

Okay, fine. Just make other parts of the site more interesting, then. It is your duty as Mod!!!

That's up to the collective community, not just me or even the whole Staff!

I'm not saying its hurting anyone, I'm just giving my own take on it from an 'outside' perspective, and I'm not surprised that there's a backlash here.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Romance and couple debates are big business in almost every fandom. You can't pick what people are interested in.

This, and also Bella saying it's a club thing.

The LTD thread became the actual Faith of the forums, because Clerii don't debate any more.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Eh, there's really not any debate, just 136 or whatever pages of pointing and laughing. And does any other topic on this site really matter? Pick one and I guarantee I can reduce it to nerd-wank or otherwise a waste of time.

The compilation is at a standstill. FF7 will be 13 years old this year. What do you want us to talk about? Our favorite party gameplay-wise from 1997? Hell, I can only bring myself to post two or three weeks out of the year.

Please don't read this as a condescending post. FF7 remains one of the fondest memories from my youth. But all good things come to an end, and there's vastly more great discussion behind us than ahead on this subject.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Also, it sort of bothers me from a Staff viewpoint in trying to think up cool events. What's the sense of having a Commentary topic or a Gameplay discussion if the LTD drowns it out? It's easy to see why I update the Town Commentary topic every week (and generally lazes on other projects too) if the prospective outcome is; 'Well Mog updated his topic that's nice OH SHIT SOMEONE SAID AERITH LOVES CLOUD HOLD THE PRESSES'.

Considering I'm a Staffer that loves FF7 and its community very much but has no interest in the LTD, what's a Mog to do when he wants to make the fandom better for everyone and think up cool new stuff, without it being drowned out by the LTD?

Yes, this post has a little bit if whining. I admit.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
The compilation is at a standstill. FF7 will be 13 years old this year. What do you want us to talk about? Our favorite party gameplay-wise from 1997? Hell, I can only bring myself to post two or three weeks out of the year.

Don't do anything you don't want to do, man. Keep in mind I'm not telling anyone to do anything, I'm just pointing something out. Yes, FFVII is getting older and older and there's not as much to talk about as there was before. But my logic is that if so much time can be devoted to the LTD, maybe some of that time can at least be divided into other efforts?

if so much time can be devoted to the LTD
See, this is the problem. Now, I can't speak for everyone, but the LTD for myself and many others isn't a devoted time, it's a time waster. It takes very little mentally to be able to get a good chuckle at some of the craziness that people come up with for their ship.

But I mean if you really want the rest of the forum to become "post moar lesbians" I'm sure someone could arrange that. :awesome:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Exactly. The LTD is nothing but sarcasm and lesbians. It only takes the time and effort to laugh and masturbate.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
LTD = Lesbians, Timewasting, Dupellas.

I gladly post in other threads when there's stuff to post about. But there's no new topics, no new posts except for in the LTD, and nobody gives a shit what I have to say. :monster: The recent LTD meltdown warranted posting in there a lot, but for the most part I kind of agree with MOG. It's not that there's nothing new to talk about in FF7, it's that nobody wants to talk about it.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Okay I'm going to be honest now.

I'm really getting sick and tired of being told not to post in there so much or to post in other places. Mako would get on my case about it too and to my knowledge, he never bugged anyone else about it. And honestly, comments like that are really turning me off this place.

This is the only place where talking about it like we do is allowed. No other forum does this, not even the Cloti forum. No other forum has this much fun with it. Hell I posted that article on the main page on ffshrine's forum and was basically told to STFU.

If not for that topic I wouldn't even be here and i know several others who post primarily there as well. So why not just let us have some fun? Who cares if we only post there? At least we're posting. It could be worse.

Really, telling people something like "This topic is getting too much attention." is really not good PR.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
And keep in mind that this isn't any sort of official decree. This is just my own opinion, love it or hate it, and well, you're perfectly allowed to not like what I'm about to say, here.

But this LTD thing is just getting too much attention. I know, I can't really chide you guys for discussing something you like, especially considering it's all in good fun, nobody is breaking any rules, and the house didn't get burned down. But if even half the the attention that the LTD and all of its related topics were redirected to the rest of the site, anywhere on the rest of the site, business would be booming.

I won't try to understand why people like talking about what, has really been decided more than a decade ago over and over, instead of finding new creative ways to express our interest in the fandom in other directions, the same old LTD gets discussed over, and over, and over.

It's simple bro. They love Same Old Shit Topics. You can't stop em, it's fun (hell even I get kicks out of it when some clerith fool tries to stomp my Cloti vibe) I say just let them have fun. Plus its common knowledge already to even the cleriths that Cloti won this game a decade or so ago. :lol:

And for the record, I'm focusing on the RP area if that helps.

Edit: This post was sponsord by Valve, Bungie, Sega, Eclair Bacta Serum and Papa John's...Futurama.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog

I'm really getting sick and tired of being told not to post in there so much or to post in other places. Mako would get on my case about it too and to my knowledge, he never bugged anyone else about it. And honestly, comments like that are really turning me off this place.

This is the only place where talking about it like we do is allowed. No other forum does this, not even the Cloti forum. No other forum has this much fun with it. Hell I posted that article on the main page on ffshrine's forum and was basically told to STFU.

If not for that topic I wouldn't even be here and i know several others who post primarily there as well. So why not just let us have some fun? Who cares if we only post there? At least we're posting. It could be worse.

Really, telling people something like "This topic is getting too much attention." is really not good PR.

Whoa! I'm totally not telling anyone to not post anywhere and I'm surely just expressing my off the record opinion that I'm allowed to have, whether someone finds it pleasant to hear or not!

Whoa!

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man

You bastard!!!!!! IT'S CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI CLOTI

GET IT RIGHT FOO'

Edit: WHOAH MY ASS

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Guys, she was honest. This thread is done.

...Yeah, I don't know what this topic's going to accomplish, tbh.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
...Yeah, I don't know what this topic's going to accomplish, tbh.

I'm getting a kick out of it, for one. I think its one of those 'Well somebody had to say it' moments. People just don't like hearing it because it's contrary to the popular opinion.

Top Bottom