I'm not a gamer so shall I join?

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Hi! My name is Vita Almira. I'm female, 25 years old now, and from Indonesia.
I'm really too shy to join here and introduce myself.
The fact is I'm not a gamer.
But, who doesn't know the famous FF installment?

When I was a kid (10-11 years old maybe), I remember I played FF7 and FF8 a bit in my childhood friend's house. He had a Play Station and I didn't. But, I was so bored in playing RPG so I chose more adventure or puzzle game. There are many english (or japanese dialog, I forgot) I didn't understand so we skip many scenes. He played by himself everyday and when I wanted to join again, he went so far. Finally, I could see he finished it by the Squall and Rinoa's scene in rock (?). "Eyes on Me" is a memorable song to me. Don't ask me about the FF8 story, I don't know much. And I don't remember what happened to FF7 he played. I think we preffered FF8 because the graphic is better.

Then I watched FF Spirit Within and I love the song by L'Arc En Ciel. And finally, I came to FF7: Advent Children. WHOA! I regretted why I didn't serious play the original game at that time. But, I could understand the story, Thanks to the Indonesian #1 animanga and Japanese pop culture magazine I’ve been subscribing since 2002. I still have the magazine in the bookshelf, published in November 2005 with the headline is the Movie. The editorial staffs composed the article by explaining the brief story with chronology approach —started from the background of Jenova vs Cetra 2000 years ago, Gast found Jenova and then about the project, Nibelheim Incident in Last Order OVA, the summary of Original Game, and of course the movie itself— because it’s an animanga magazine not a game magazine showing you the playthrough and so on. So, they must have been aware with readers who are not unfamiliar to the game plot like me. Then I bought another magazine which gave me a scenario booklet of FF7 original game as bonus.

So, here I came to this forum. It started when I was searching info about my OTP, Zack and Aerith. Hell, I even have been loving them since I watched AC in 2006 because I tend to like tragic couple XD (I said I had known the story by the magazine). The scene of they walk to the light together really catched me. I still didn't play CC right now but I could understand the story.

The other FF I know is FF12 because there's the official manga published illegally in my country. I had read it until vol.6 before it's discountinued. The same case is happened to Kingdom Hearts. But, the first made me interesed to read is because I saw Donal Duck in the cover XD.

Anyway, like I said. I'm honest I'm not a gamer. I have been lurking this forum for a year maybe. But, my friend, Danseru-kun invite me here. So, I think I could join some discuss about the story and the character of some FFs but I dunno anything about gameplay.

Would you accept me?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
There are lots of people who don't play games much/at all here. Hell, I'm an admin and I can't tell you the last time I played a Final Fantasy game.

Welcome an' shit :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Off course we will accept you :) Maybe you can play some of the games while you're here, if we do another community playthrough, for example.

Ghost X

You would be most accepted... in T minus 3, 2, 1... now. You would be accepted now.

Welcome aboard :monster:.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Oh, thank you all. Your responses are so quick^^.
What game you mean I can play here? A kind of word game with another member?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Sometimes we do community playthroughs of various Final Fantasy games. It's been awhile since we had one, though.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Welcome. You don't need to be a gamer to join. Hell, you don't even need have played FFVII. You could come here having never played a game in your life and still be allowed to be a member.

But if you do decide to go play some moar video games might I recommend EarthBound and Mother 3?

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
Eleamaya! Welcome here :D

Have fun and fangirl Zerith with me, you're the first Indonesian here as far as I know :monster:

And you were the same as me, I have never played any FF except CC and FFT before I joined here haha

\(>3>)/ *kiss and hug*

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Go through these steps:

1. Be warmly welcomed
2. Play Final Fantasy games
3. ????
4. Profit!!

You seem to have cleared the first step. Now move on to the second! :)

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
so, you call the member with an 'shit?

@Danseru: Let me hug you #hug.

@Cloche: Actually, I had played it when I'm a kid XD.

@King Porky: What game is that? The one I wanna play in this current time is DFF because I like fighting game such as Tekken or Capcom vs Marvel, etc. But, sadly, my PC RAM is small, it'll be slow if I use to play game with emulator. I don't have PSP.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
It's just the way I've welcomed members (since at least 2004) and other people started copying; the "an' shit" isn't referring to the member or anything :monster:

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
so, you call the member with an 'shit?

@Danseru: Let me hug you #hug.

@Cloche: Actually, I had played it when I'm a kid XD.

@King Porky: What game is that? The one I wanna play in this current time is DFF because I like fighting game such as Tekken or Capcom vs Marvel, etc. But, sadly, my PC RAM is small, it'll be slow if I use to play game with emulator. I don't have PSP.
EarthBound and Mother 3 are the funniest games of all time.
You'll have to use an emulator to play Mother 3 in English, since it's only ever been released in Japan, so if you wanna play it in English you need an emulator for GBA, as well as the ROM for Mother 3, and then you need to patch the fan translation onto the ROM.
You'll likely need to resort to emulation for EarthBound as well, since EarthBound cartridges are EXPENSIVE these days.
For moar info, go here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EarthBound_(series)

Ghost X

Language can be pretty vulgar here, if you're particularly conservative in that regard. No one means to offend 99.99% of the time. Nothing more awkward than a clash of cultures :monster:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Yeah, I ripped off the "welcome an' shit" from someone who in turn had already ripped it off from Aaron (Rory Williams) there :monster: Its just a slightly crude welcome.

So yeah, welcome an' shit :reapermon:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Hey there. Welcome to TLS! :)

Trust me, "Welcome an' shit," is a good thing. People won't say it to you if they aren't sincerely giving you a friendly greeting. :)

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
I'm okay with that an 'shit, I just asked^^. I have been lurking this forum before so I have familiar with your speak.

@Licorie: That's violin, not cello. The image is from TV Series Kamen Rider Kiva, the violin's name is Bloody Rose. I love the male character who created it, he's the funniest and ladiesman but died in the ending.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
by the 1st episode, his death were hinted, and in the 20th episode, you finally know he would died. He's just flashback character but the most important key person. No one in the present timeline know he's dead just missing.

Top Bottom