• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Independence Day Resurgence

Ghost X

This could be a really good franchise with a little effort. The trailer inspires my imagination at least :awesome:.

Re: Will Smith. I think his day in the sun is over. I'd rather he not appear :P.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I really like the worldbuilding here, and I think that while it's sad that we won't get to hear, "Welcome back to Earf!" I think that the fact that the film isn't carrying itself on Will Smith's Star power means that it feels like it can hopefully have enough substance to stand on its own.

Also- cutting off the speech at the end was a brilliant choice for the trailer.

X :neo:

Dark Nation

Melodramatic much..
This could be a really good franchise with a little effort. The trailer inspires my imagination at least :awesome:.

Re: Will Smith. I think his day in the sun is over. I'd rather he not appear :P.

Same here. 90's cinema was enjoyable before he came along being a wow look at me dick. I don't know of a single will smith movie that is anywhere near my top 50.

Same goes for that unfunny clown Will Ferrell.

Anyways, I'm glad Jeff Goldblum is back of late, Hollywood needs more weirdos.

This should be quite the ride.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I get the impression Goldblum ran out of his 90's monies and went back to previous movies now, :monster:

Dark Nation

Melodramatic much..
I get the impression Goldblum ran out of his 90's monies and went back to previous movies now, :monster:

The younger mob on here might recognize his voice from Call of Duty as Nero.

He's spent a fair amount of time in Britain doing this n that.

Like most people though I can't picture him without flash back to him turning into a fly.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
WHO CARES BOUT WILL SMITH

JEFF FUCKIN GOLDBLUM :cthulhu:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
You also have to admit that it's also the perfect, "we don't really know the reasons why he's not appearing, but he's certainly NOT appearing" meta commentary for Will Smith not being in the film.

:awesomonster:

X :neo:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Also since its off screen death and this is an age of really shitty writing its the perfect set up for a "Guess what he didn't really get blown the fuck up! The Alien tech just transported him somewhere far far away" should he choose to return in the third movie :reptar:

Also since its off screen death and this is an age of really shitty writing its the perfect set up for a "Guess what he didn't really get blown the fuck up! The Alien tech just transported him somewhere far far away" should he choose to return in the third movie :reptar:
latest

Kaneki

Banned
I liked the trailer for this, especially the whole "Independence" speech through the scenes where shit seems to be going wrong.
I kind of understand why Smith hasn't signed up for the sequel however, the first film was brilliant and I think this one won't do it justice. We will probably end up with Jeff Goldblum in space doing another virus for the big bad alien craft resulting in it crashing into earth which in turn makes for more alien tech for humanity to scavenge.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
webshite said:
According to a timeline found on the viral site, "While test piloting the ESD's first alien hybrid fighter, an unknown malfunction causes the untimely death of Col. Hiller.

Because you'd put one of the guys that saved the world in a highly experimental craft as a test pilot, :wacky:

Kaneki

Banned
webshite said:
According to a timeline found on the viral site, "While test piloting the ESD's first alien hybrid fighter, an unknown malfunction causes the untimely death of Col. Hiller.

Because you'd put one of the guys that saved the world in a highly experimental craft as a test pilot, :wacky:
Well he is the only guy on the planet who has flown one of the alien crafts.....

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well yeah, but that's an alien ship with alien technology and shit; I'm probably being too realistic here, but for one he'd write a book about it and educate everyone else on his experiences, and they'd make the alien-hybrid ships to work with human input and shit.

Plus before they finish an aircraft, they spend millions of man-hours into it; simulators, tests, the whole lot. Just look at the (horribly expensive) development project behind the JSF (which turns out to kinda suck, dun dun dunnn).

Ghost X

If the planet was just attacked by aliens, I think the whole world would be in a state of total potential war afterward :P, putting a vast majority of its resources into defence technologies. The trailer seems to support this.

Would authorities want to keep Will Smith's character alive for propaganda purposes? Possibly. I think it is also plausible that he would choose to be a test pilot.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Yop said:
... and they'd make the alien-hybrid ships to work with human input and shit.
I'm sure they did. The extended version of the first movie has a scene where the point is made that the cockpit of the fighter that Captain Hiller pilots has been modified.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
If the planet was just attacked by aliens, I think the whole world would be in a state of total potential war afterward :P, putting a vast majority of its resources into defence technologies. The trailer seems to support this.

Would authorities want to keep Will Smith's character alive for propaganda purposes? Possibly. I think it is also plausible that he would choose to be a test pilot.

This. We know he had been trying to get into NASA before the invasion, we know he was a traditional hotshot pilot guy, and we know after saving the world he could probably pick whatever he wanted to do forever after. He picked test flying badass new alien/human hybrid tech and got killed. Its how he woulda wanted to go :monster:

Top Bottom