Industry insider Verendus speaks

Any fan of VII could have written that to be brutally honest. How is this news-worthy?

Anyway, if you guys wanna talk to him, I guess I can arrange that. Let me know.

Lex

Administrator
That's my sentiment also. I don't want to detract from the fact that the guy has been verified and stuff, and I'm not going to pretend I didn't enjoy reading what he had to say, but I don't think we can put this on a pedestal. We could, but I wouldn't feel good about it.

Dragonslayer Ornstein

Pro Adventurer
I can't wait for Aeris punching bag simulator. Schizo Cloud was awesome, the way he turned from a complete looney to a badass and got out of it. He was a (well, deluded by Jenova) fuckup liar and messed up idiot into a hero everyone could rely on who'd never do anything like that.

So much stuff in that game was fucked up and wrong, but it all had a meaning. I've never seen a game willing to make such a messed up protag and redeem him entirely.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This is really a borderline case in terms of what we should and shouldn't publish, so I understand the mixed opinions. If Yop and Lex both have reservations, however, then I think we should drop it. I support that decision.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm just not seeing any insider information, is all - just an opinion piece. Lots of "they should" instead of "they are".

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
I don't think that's true. I think there's a lot of what they're planning to do or what they want to do, rather than what they are doing, but this early in the development that's perfectly natural.

Lex

Administrator
I can see the appeal of publishing it. I'm not sure that I definitely DON'T want to publish it, I just think it'd have its place in a larger article that covers what the fans want to see, rather than as a standalone news piece.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah, I'd definitely like to see more user-generated content on the front page - as in, opinion pieces, alongside the actual facts and whatnot. The LTD post (still one of our best-viewed poasts) is a good example of that. The upcoming survey one too.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
So what if you dissected that larger piece from Verendus and split it into separate, respective topics and spawn either opinion articles for discussion or one article leading to separate threads per discussion?

While it may not have any weight or merit behind it, it's still worth discussing among fans and putting it out there because I'm sure we've all thought of these things before.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
From someone (me) who works in the news industry:

You have two main options here; publish it or not (duh).

Main benefits of each:

- Publishing = Traffic
- Not publishing = Credibility

This guy "can't" be verified. Don't get me wrong. He got some key information right back in the day. And it seems to make sense with what we now know. However, we do not know if he got the information himself or if someone told him and he's using this fame now to just show up a lot on the Internet and have fun. We can't possibly know. We can make our own guesses or assumptions but they'd be just that.

Assuming we post, I see two reasonable options:

A) - Get in contact with him and have our own "personalised" set of his words. Maybe even get our own questions (as a community) to address the worries we may have.
B) - Use the words from the opening post on this thread.

Why would we go for A? Because we want to have our own "exclusive" words that are not recycled. As a news source, this is what you usually want, especially if you know your own source is trustful. But if you do that, you can't be warning your readers that the guy may not be trusted. Because in that case, why are you going to him for information?

Why would we go for B? Because we do not know how trustful this particular source is and we do not want to mislead our readers (intentionally or not). So it's the safest bet in terms of giving the information that is out there. You take what's already there (he has posted it in a public place so there's no need to ask for permission) and show it. You also add a disclaimer or just mention on our own text that he is supposed to be a reliable source but explain how technically, he is unverifiable.

We could also just not post anything but from a news source point of view, that doesn't make too much sense. The information is there and it's going to create more traffic so as long as it's handled with care, there should not be any problem.

Now, this is still your decision, guys, but I thought I would add my 2 cents, since I know one thing or two about such matters.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
In other news, that Verendus person also teased

Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
New Parasite Eve

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169350163&postcount=13930

(also mentioned FFXII HD a while back)

Also on the topic of FFXVI:

Already on the way. The concept of it is also quite unique. It will certainly be something that hasn't been done before in Final Fantasy, if they manage to accomplish it. I'd put it in the back of your mind for now though, as I would personally expect FF15 and KH3 to be out before it.

XVI will be the opposite of XIII though. It's not futuristic so you might get what you want with that.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62950021&postcount=1215
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=129895715&postcount=336

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
FF6 remake

DON'T TOY WITH MY EMOTIONS!

2f40815.jpg

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Opposite of XIII? Sold me already.

its not unlike SE to announce new titles before the previous is out so we may hear of it before XV is done. They are twisting my heart though with those mentions of spinoffs. Another X and VII story? Ngghh...

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Verendus said:
XVI will be the opposite of XIII though. It's not futuristic so you might get what you want with that.

First actual possible factoid from the guy I've read, :monster:.

Top Bottom