• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Interest Check: Mass Effect RP

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I think smaller less significant canon NPCs can get a mention here and there, though.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Query: would it be necessary for everyone to be a DIFFERENT race?

Because I know exactly how many characters I am dying to RP with and what species, and none of them are human ;.;

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Query: would it be necessary for everyone to be a DIFFERENT race?

Because I know exactly how many characters I am dying to RP with and what species, and none of them are human ;.;

The general idea is, following with the ME tradition, everybody should start the RP with a human crew member. Then when it comes to getting the other members of the team i.e. the aliens, a lot of those crew members will fade into the background. They are still there, but no longer relevant to the plot or action.
Some will still be relevant for some people, but for most others your focus will shift entirely to your MAIN character.

I wouldn't say that no, but i'm pretty sure we can get a large variation of races without some imposed rule. If you're asking how many characters you can have, then I'd say stick to the two I mentioned above, and then see if you still want to work more in later in the RP.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
what if we would rather our character be a human?

Mostly because I feel my human character is pretty fleshed out as is :<

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
The idea with the all humans at beginning thing, is that it is an Alliance vessel.

If your character is going to be present aboard the ship from the very beginning, then dont worry about having a random unimportant crew member. If your main character IS NOT going to be present on the ship at the beginning (likely cos they is alien) then go with some unimportant human crew member for the first bit. You can make them important if you'd liek, but not all that necesessary.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Hmm I think I'll actually just roll with like 1-2 characters this time.

I have enough problems with 12 as it is :monster:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Well, I'm just gonna be straight with you, then. I have four non-humans in mind for the story ;.;

But I can defo do a random human. HI MY NAME IS RANDALL WHAT'S THAT YOU NEED SOME SUPPLIES SURE THING COMMANDER

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
That's pretty much the jist of it :monster:

I'll have some more discussions with Alex and co. but I may throw up a Bio template for you all to have a ganders at pretty soon, start thinking about your characters.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
No, really. I'll just create a requisition officer.

You know, the character who's so important that NO ONE REMEMBERS HIS NAME.

AND BY HIS I MEAN HER THIS TIME

As far as aliens go, I've figured out the races I was wanting to do, but I've not had time to sit down and just THINK things through and figure out anything major, other than that I would like an asari scientist. (iknowucwatiamdoingherejoe)

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Creepy Weirdo

I've started planning out my Human and my Salarian.

They are gonna be rather sexeh.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I'm SO glad that somebody is playing a Salarian. It would have sucked if nobody stepped up to the plate.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I already have my own tribute to Mordin somewhere ;)
But I was always a Kirrahe fan. <3

Hisako

AKA
You goddamn cloacas are just going to snark everyone to death

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I'll probably be down for this once I finish the games (I don't want any spoilers so I'll avoid it until then).

Hisako

AKA
We should have thought of this such a long damn time ago!

Make URPGs to pique people's interest in ORPing! doy! =O

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Well, we're still hammering out details (just yesterday we decided on there being three Commanding Officers, two from the Council on the ship) so it may still be a bit.

Top Bottom