Inuyasha

Nikkolas

Banned
IY was one of the first anime I ever saw. Well one of the first I saw and knew it was an anime. I saw Pokemon and DBZ first but I just figured they were another cartoon like the others I watched.

Anyway, maybe it's that nostalgic feel that makes me like it but I don't think so. Because while I've found a large number of people passionately hate the series, I also know it's very popular. So I'm not seeing something that isn't there because of nostalgia.

So many years later, having seen dozens of other anime series, I still like Inuyasha. It has a good-to-great dub with the only drawback being some mispronouncing of names. The music is some of my favorite in anime as well. The characters are okay by and large, filling their intended archetypes. Particular favorites include Naraku, Kagomeand...

One of my favorite bishonen of all time. He is one of the few hot guys in anime who canonically might have a yaoi relationship with another hot guy.

<3 Jakotsu.

But enough of my fanboy prattling. Your thoughts?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Mm, Bankotsu <3

I got so psyched when I first saw Inuyasha on the TV listings. Canada got it later than America iirc, and I heard from many American friends ol about how good it was. Canada was using its prime kids network YTV to set up an anime night ever friday, which Inuyasha being the front runner.

The beginning animation is very bland. As it gets later on in the series, it's more detailed, contrasty and fresh. I prefer the KikyoxInuyasha ship more than Kagome, mainly because Kagome irks me... maybe its her voice, it's very shrill..or maybe its the realism of her character, her teenage-ness is very selfish, and self absorbed at times, whiney at others, and selfless even other times. I'm not sure why, but I never really liked her mind... Romantic moments with Inu I still liked, basically cause I love romance.. <_< but the triangle of it all just got me swooped.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Jakotsu! :monster: I liked Inuyasha just fine in the past, and there are episodes that I wouldn't mind re-watching again. Though, I'm true to my word when I say I stuck with the series because of Kikyo and Naraku. They were my favorite characters, though I was lucky enough to see the first episode- first. :monster: Damn, that was way back in Middle School, heh heh.

Anyway, I liked the series a lot until it started nearing the ending... some of the middle parts bored me to tears as well. I kept thinking, "When will this series EVER end?!" Then unfortunately, the end was absolute
SHIT
. It was to be expected though, really. I guess I kept watching for the characters- besides Kikyo and Naraku, I really liked Bankotsu, Kagura, and Kohaku. Sesshoumaru and Rin had some really cute interactions that I was interested in as well. (NO, I do not support them as a pairing, in fact I would like to kill that pairing with fire. KaguraxSessh ftl)

As for the Manga, well, I basically trashed it once
Kikyo died for good.
After that, I had my friend inform me what happened in the FINAL ending. And guess what?
It still sucked.

All in all, I have a love-hate relationship with Inuyasha. The show. The character himself sucks balls.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I agree, the ending of the anime sucked major donkey balls.. spoiler/tell me what happens in the end of the manga?

Dante

Dante's Lady
AKA
Angelwing Aeris, AA
Inuyasha gets together with Kagome after she finishes high school if I'm correct. ^_^

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Yep, they defeat Naraku, happy ending.

BORING.

It's basically the same as the Anime ending, without the "I have my new shoes" line.

Nikkolas

Banned
Hey now.
I like Naraku realized at the end all he wanted was Kikyo.

SPeaking of penings, I loved the Grip! opening.

And the Dearest ending.

Nikkolas

Banned

I mean, just listen to that beautiful song and look at Inuyasha and Kagome..how can you not like the couple?
Well there are reasons but I forget them when i listen to the song.

And you know the fact Kagome gets so much hate only makes me like her more. I've actually heard peopl blasting her for having a mullet (not true, has long hair in the front) and beastiality because Inuyasha is a dog-demon. or part one. . I mean..come on.

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
.how can you not like the couple?

Oh, I think they deserve one another. They're both irritating. =/

Really? I see that it's Kikyo who gets the most hate. In my experience, more people have liked Kagome and hated Kikyo. ^^; Some people have stupid reasons for disliking characters. I consider my reasons valid- things like "her hair is oogly" and "skirt iz too short" are stupid.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Tbh it always seemed like one of those anime's with a good opening plot that turned to shit after 5 eps, that and the stupid arse plot of an emo brother essentially spending the full series about how daddy didn't love him. /WhogivesaflyingFuck

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I saw a few episodes because everyone was ranting about it back on ye ACF, but quit watching since the story didn't seem to progress / it was all filler~like.

Plus, there's no power levels of over ninE THOUSAAAND!11!1!1.

Hellsing is good though. And fucking sick.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The Band of Seven arc is probably one of the high points of the entire Inuyasha series. Bankotsu and Jakotsu were awesome antagonists and the fight scenes were epic. Definitely have some love for those two fuckers :monster:

After the Band of Seven arc though, Inuyasha did decline for me. I guess it just didn't seem as awesome after those two died and Naraku came back.

Inuyasha has its high points but it did seem to drag on long and the anime ended really shitily. The manga's continuation was more interesting but again...dragged on. Rumiko just really has a hard time ending her series.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I loved Inuyasha, I was a total fanboy and like, half my fanfics are IY. But yeah, both the anime and manga dragged on after a while. It really irritated me how they milked the drama around Tetsusaiga and Tenseiga, and ultimately nothing really came from that.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Saying a Rumiko Takahashi series dragged on and on is like saying the sky looks blue or that most cats look furry. She ONLY does things for the long haul.

Nikkolas

Banned
Ya know Bankotsu is way cooler in the anime than in the manga. His death in the anime
killing 100 demons so Banryu becomes a demonic weapon and Inuyasha uses the Backlash Wave
is way bettr than what happened in the manga.

Plus in the anime
he kills Renkotsu by throwing Jakotsu's hairpin at him...
BankotsuxJakotsu forever man.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
poster25926227.jpg

Nikkolas

Banned
It's hard to imagine they're both cold merciless killers at times.

Oh and speaking of Inuyasha music I liked , Hakudoshi's Theme.

Though Naraku needs to stop making little albino kids as his servants. People will talk...
Already seen plenty of NarakuxKagura fanfics.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Wtf, NarakuxKagura? Are they all RAPE fanfics?

I like the theme, but I don't really like Hakudoshi and Kanna at all.

Nikkolas

Banned
Probably. I never read any of them. The only fics I read are NarKag (NarakuxKagome) because it totally could've happened and it never did and that saddens me.

Hinata Hyuga

wallflower
AKA
Juniper, Rinali, Legretta
Oh yes, I really do enjoy Inuyasha. It's not a consistently wonderful series, but those are very few and far between. The series does have a lot of likeable characters that are easy to appreciate.

And in as far as Inu + Kikyo or Kagome, I find that Inuyasha and Kagome are tailor made for each other, though I do still like Kikyo. I was a fan of Naraku and her.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I enjoyed the manga, and the anime to a lesser degree on a passing basis.

Thought the Band of Seven was completely boring and throwaway villains though. Just didn't find them interesting at all.

Naraku either at a certain point though.

Top Bottom