INVADER ZIM [Oni Press]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
invaderzim-90e3e.jpg

It was teased a week ago on Twitter, but now it's official Zim is coming back in July in comic book format.

Also, if case you were unaware, The Trial would have been my favourite episode, but it was never filmed. They did a live reading a couple years back, and holy shit it is so amazing:

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Issue #8 is LITERALLY PERFECT.

It's stuffed to the gills with science fiction references (Alien, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Zombie films, etc.) and the plot is just perfectly Zim in every way and we get the right focus of Zim Vs. Dib and just.... holy gods.

The comic's been good, but this issue is everything that Zim is and should be.

Even if you don't follow the series, if you love Zim, you'll love this issue.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
You're good at this stuff. X, convince me to read the comic books.
I'm a long-time lover of Invader Zim and am still hurt the series got shafted. I'm just not certain I'll enjoy it as much without the VAs. Zim and Dib in particular had so much character in their voices.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm in the same boat with ya. You can still "feel" that the dialogue matches how the VAs portrayed the characters, and when I read it, it always matches how I'd imagine them talking if they were voiced.

Really though, Issue 8 is an absolute pure success though. If I could choose to have any other piece of Zim content animated, it'd be this issue.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'll have to see how easy it is for me to get hold of this. I am super pleased the series is alive again though. ^_^

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
I need to check this out. I really loved the show way back when.

Top Bottom