Iron Man

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Looks neat. For the record, I liked Iron Man better than most superhero / comic movies.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
"I've successfully privatized world peace"

I had never heard of Robert Downy Jr. before Iron Man, but after this and Sherlock Holmes, I consider him badass. :p

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
He's been badass since the 90's man, where've you been? :monster:

He was also strung out on more pills and coke than before, but hey no one's perfect.

I had never heard of Robert Downy Jr. before Iron Man
slap.jpg

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
God I loved Tropic Thunder, and imo I thought Downey Jr. deserved the Academy Award just as much as if not more than Heath Ledger did.

Also, fuck yes.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I thought he got it?
If i didnt know it was rob playing him i would of thought it was an actual black guy XD

Emma

The Minish Elf
I had never heard of Robert Downy Jr. before Iron Man, but after this and Sherlock Holmes, I consider him badass. :p
:huh:

God I loved Tropic Thunder, and imo I thought Downey Jr. deserved the Academy Award just as much as if not more than Heath Ledger did.
Also, fuck yes.
Yea, he's a great actor as well. I especially loved him in Tropic Thunder. Best movie ever....wait, Talladega Nights is, but TT comes second :awesome:

I love Robert. He's freakin' funny.

I can't wait to see Sherlock Holmes. If the books were awesome, then the movie will be too. :joy:

If i didnt know it was rob playing him i would of thought it was an actual black guy XD
I didn't even know it was Robert in the movie until some parts. I thought he did it so well :lol:

Ghost X

Looking forward to this movie, even more so with this latest trailer, which makes Whiplash look far more appealing (and less corny etc). I read about people being scared about a poor storyline, but I think as long as its just an action film, who cares about the story. It won't be like Spider-man 3 which went all over the place.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
My friend told me there going to dip into the drunken tony stark elements of the comics, which could be appealing it was a big issue at points in the various comics.
Either way whiplash looks like a total fucking bad ass , mickey still has his buff wrestler look from the wrestler :P which is good, he kinda looks scarey too lol i would hate to get hit by the whip.

Considering it went right through the race car , think it could make some tears in tonys armor ?

maybe, but I wouldnt base that on what he did to the car. those things are designed to fall apart to protect the driver if there's a crash. thats why whenever you see a crash it gets torn to shreds

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
A Scanner Darkly. He was pretty fucking good in that.

Wasn't sure Mickey could pull off Whiplash, but he's showing some promise here.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Downey Jr. was fuckin scary in A Scanner Darkly.

I guess it was partially to do with the fact that the film was all about drug abuse and addiction and he was naturally experienced with that sort of thing :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
So since Whiplash is usually a minion to The Mandarin do you guys think this maybe a prelude to the mandarin showing up in the third?

Ghost X

Probably, but it would be good if they made a few more movies before Mandarin makes his appearance, throwing in subtle details along the way to make it blatantly obvious Mandarin is controlling everything.

You're just spoiled by action clusterfucks like Transformers, imho :monster:. But do enlighten me - what genre describes the movie better, then?
Naw, it just doesnt feel like an action movie to me :/

Action'd be the best description for it cause I cant think of what else it could be called. it's definetly not a drama. maybe action-comedy?

When I think of Iron Man I just dont think action.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
maybe action-comedy?

Ha, I was right after all :monster:.

No, really, it's an action movie. Maybe not the over-the-top explosions everywhere action movie like Transformers or ye olde Rambo, but action nevertheless. Just with less actual action scenes (or, good action scenes used in moderation). The rest is actual story - le gasp.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Its coming out pretty soon, anyone gonna catch it?
Me and the new lady friend should get that evening off so well try to catch it :)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Obv I'm going to do my best to see it.

Top Bottom