Is Zack partially to blame for what happened to Cloud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linegenrou

linegenrou
Zack helped Cloud's fucked up mind.
"My dreams...they're yours now..."

NO THEY'RE NOT! Why would they? Just because you're dying means that your dreams become Cloud's dreams? Cloud has had his own dreams and purpose in life.Yeah,thanks a lot Zack.
And Cloud just eat it up.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
No. Jenova and Hojo are to blame for Cloud losing it. Zack only meant he was entrusting the Buster Sword to Cloud, that he was the living proof that he lived.

Zack did not indoctrinate Cloud with his memories in some lame attempt to create a drone that would live out his dreams for him.

Nice try.... but Zack and Cloud had talked about their dreams a good deal, hadn't they? Zack knew Cloud had dreamt of getting into SOLDIER for all the right reasons - reasons Angeal would have approved of. That's why he gave Cloud the Buster Sword.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wow... just when I thought FFVII fans couldn't misinterpret the plot any worst than before... :monster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
NO THEY'RE NOT! Why would they? Just because you're dying means that your dreams become Cloud's dreams? Cloud has had his own dreams and purpose in life.Yeah,thanks a lot Zack.
And Cloud just eat it up.

:facepalm:

Sorry hun, but do you know how retarded this sounds? Zack and Cloud are best friends, they both care about the well being of the other. Cloud cherished Zack as a person and even without being fucked in the head thanks to as Dacon said, Hojo and Jenova/Sephiroth, he would have been honored to have carried Zack's dreams. He would have felt bad, no matter which way you look at it. Cloud has his own dreams yeah, and he's his own person. That doesn't mean that he can't honor his best friend who just died in front him after protecting him from countless soldiers and numerous other threats. Cloud was basically dead weight, but Zack always treated him like a person, talked to him as an equal, and like Licorice said shared some of the same ideals.

It's absolutely RIDICULOUS to blame Zack because he died saving Cloud and trying to get back to the woman he loves. Zack did everything in his power to become a legend, to help Cloud, to please Aerith. He always put others in front of himself and never looked down on ANYONE.

Jeez, play the game next time.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Clearly he is. Also he and Tifa summoned Meteor, not Sephiroth. :awesome:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Yeah, I think its a real case of misinterpretation by some people when Cloud said 'I'll live your life for you'. He didn't mean it as 'LOL FUCK YOUR OWN ASPIRATIONS CLOUD LIVE OUT MY DREAMS FOR ME'. Yes, thanks to Jenova Cloud took it pretty literally, but it was meant as 'Hey pal, I'm giving you the gift of life in exchange for my own. My last request; Don't waste it'.

linegenrou

linegenrou
Yeah, I think its a real case of misinterpretation by some people when Cloud said 'I'll live your life for you'. He didn't mean it as 'LOL FUCK YOUR OWN ASPIRATIONS CLOUD LIVE OUT MY DREAMS FOR ME'. Yes, thanks to Jenova Cloud took it pretty literally, but it was meant as 'Hey pal, I'm giving you the gift of life in exchange for my own. My last request; Don't waste it'.

Yes.So I guess it's Cloud's own fault.
But I still don't see much sense in what Zack said.I don't like him that much anyway.

linegenrou

linegenrou
:facepalm:

Sorry hun, but do you know how retarded this sounds? Zack and Cloud are best friends, they both care about the well being of the other. Cloud cherished Zack as a person and even without being fucked in the head thanks to as Dacon said, Hojo and Jenova/Sephiroth, he would have been honored to have carried Zack's dreams. He would have felt bad, no matter which way you look at it. Cloud has his own dreams yeah, and he's his own person. That doesn't mean that he can't honor his best friend who just died in front him after protecting him from countless soldiers and numerous other threats. Cloud was basically dead weight, but Zack always treated him like a person, talked to him as an equal, and like Licorice said shared some of the same ideals.

It's absolutely RIDICULOUS to blame Zack because he died saving Cloud and trying to get back to the woman he loves. Zack did everything in his power to become a legend, to help Cloud, to please Aerith. He always put others in front of himself and never looked down on ANYONE.

Jeez, play the game next time.

Oh wow...That's cute and I was hoping you would put some little hearts in it. :awesome:

I think that what he said helped Cloud disturbed mind.
For instance,before Zack is SHOT IN THE HEAD (FFVII scene),he is heading towards Midgar with Cloud.Zack tells a comatose Cloud that once he gets to Midgar,he is going to become a mercenary...exactly what Cloud becomes in his Zack's persona.One of Zack's goals that Cloud acquired to himself.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Hmmm... there's not much left for me to say here. MOG, Celes, and several others done said all that needs said.

Sorry linegenru, but... fail. :monster:

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
exactly what Cloud becomes in his Zack's persona.One of Zack's goals that Cloud acquired to himself.

Which was Jenova and Hojo's fault. Cloud didn't consciously decide to follow Zack's goals and life, he literally thought he was him due to Jenova and her cells fucking with his head.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
But I still don't see much sense in what Zack said.I don't like him that much anyway.

zaxcanthear.jpg

&#9829; <-

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Which was Jenova and Hojo's fault. Cloud didn't consciously decide to follow Zack's goals and life, he literally thought he was him due to Jenova and her cells fucking with his head.

Not to mention Hojo keeping him in a basement and pumping him full of drugs everyday as part of his experiments.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
But Zack's words (even if not INTENTIONALLY) had a negative effect on Cloud,worsening further the whole personality issue.

If you want to look at it that way and go Butterfly Effect on the whole thing, you can argue that Cloud's bout with constipation when he was 15 or something somehow led to Sephiroth burning down Nibelhiem or something like that. It's not fair to look at things like "This totally unrelated event is the direct cause of this unfortunate event way down the line".

I mean that applies to everything ever.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Ok,I got that.
But Zack's words (even if not INTENTIONALLY) had a negative effect on Cloud,worsening further the whole personality issue.
No matter what he had said to Cloud it probably would have affected his personality. Hell, meeting Tifa helped him convince himself that he was actually Zack.

So stop being a moron about this, plz. :awesome:

linegenrou

linegenrou
If you want to look at it that way and go Butterfly Effect on the whole thing, you can argue that Cloud's bout with constipation when he was 15 or something somehow led to Sephiroth burning down Nibelhiem or something like that. It's not fair to look at things like "This totally unrelated event is the direct cause of this unfortunate event way down the line".

I mean that applies to everything ever.

I didn't mean that it was a direct cause for what happened to him.
Hence the title of the topic - "Is Zack PARTIALLY to blame for what happened to Cloud?" and my last post.

Oh wow...That's cute and I was hoping you would put some little hearts in it.

Mistress Celes is always cute. ;D

Also fail. You can hate Zack all you want as pointless as that is for your life but dont use it to twist FF7's ACTUAL plot and meaning. Zack died trying to save Cloud and get to Aerith. Cloud was kinda a hindrance but did that matter to his BEST FRIEND? No. His words didnt fuck Cloud up. Thats not even hinted at, yo.

The guy who burns down his village and the sick puppy that injects pure disease into him- Blame them.

linegenrou

linegenrou
Mistress Celes is always cute. ;D

Also fail. You can hate Zack all you want as pointless as that is for your life but dont use it to twist FF7's ACTUAL plot and meaning. Zack died trying to save Cloud and get to Aerith. Cloud was kinda a hindrance but did that matter to his BEST FRIEND? No. His words didnt fuck Cloud up. Thats not even hinted at, yo.

The guy who burns down his village and the sick puppy that injects pure disease into him- Blame them.

You don't understand.Read past the first post.Thank you.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I didn't mean that it was a direct cause for what happened to him.
Hence the title of the topic - "Is Zack PARTIALLY to blame for what happened to Cloud?" and my last post.

2cekdwj.jpg

No, miss. He is not partially to blame. The blame falls on Hojo, and Sephiroth. Zack's no more to blame than the dead people in the green goo that were pumped into Cloud's veins which made him a cucumber.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Zack is as much to blame for Cloud going crazy as Tifa is for Cloud losing in in FFVII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom