It's Been a While....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartway

Lv. 25 Adventurer
...but I finally found you guys.

But I guess I'll reintroduce myself...

You may call me Heartway, or just Hart. I don't mind anything. Obviously, I'm a Final Fantasy fan, and I serve as the news reporter for my little bubble of friends, thanks to you and Lifestream.net. ^^;;

I was also known as Heartway on the ACF forums. Sadly, I was only a week into my real membership (been a shameful lurker for about a year before)
before ACF went down. I'd like to know what happened. of anyone can tell me...
Hopefully I won't bother the crap out of you guys. ._.;;

Talk to you soon!

-Hart

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The site basically fell into disrepair, and the Admin stopped paying for it. So now we've got TLS.net. :monster: Welcome here, and enjoy yourself!

X :neo:

I was the same. I joined maybe a month or two before it went down, but TLS.net already seems way better.
Welcome to the land of plentiful :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
before ACF went down. I'd like to know what happened. of anyone can tell me...

Hrm, from what I can gather (I couldn't really be arsed with it at the time, although I have been a member for most of its existence (ever since it had ~1400 members), it was a combination of several factors, but the main one is lack of funding from the owner (as in, she didn't want to put ads on it, not even to pay for it), and a secondary one is mismanagement, internal struggles, and a tech admin that couldn't handle criticism and shut the forums down, :monster:. Or something, but there are self-proclaimed internets historians that could tell you better.

According to The Encyclopedia, ACF was shut down due to aids last thursday though, so I'm not entirely sure :monster:.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
I dont remember you from the last boards but like you said you were only there a week, so welcome here.

Yeah, to me, it pretty much was the admin and a horrible tech guy that ruined the the other forum.

Heartway

Lv. 25 Adventurer
So it was him...just as I had feared....Thanks for the explaination. =)

Thank you, all. ^^ * send hugs to all replies via internet*

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Awww, I was the same. I'd been lurking ACF ever since it first opened during the whole Advent Children prerelease apprehension. I joined around 2 weeks before it shut down. My username was RydiaoftheMist, but I think I had a different username from way back when that I don't remember :(

ForceStealer

Double Growth
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=69.msg745#msg745 date=1228505259]According to The Encyclopedia, ACF was shut down due to aids last thursday though, so I'm not entirely sure :monster:.
[/quote]

Who put that site together anyway? Its all rather fascinating, lol. And I'm always amazed how oblivious I was to all of this despite being there since 2004.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Which one, AC or the encyclopedia? The former would be SY, the latter would be Everyone That Did It For The Lulz, :monster:.

Heartway

Lv. 25 Adventurer
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=69.msg745#msg745 date=1228505259]
The Encyclopedia
[/quote]

O_____o;; WTF?

I don't know whether to be amused or concerned. I sure missed a HELL of a lot of drama, that's for sure.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
olz, most people (read: yon Majority) didn't actually give a damn, and those that did didn't give a damn about AC, FF, clubs, or whatever :monster:.

[quote author=Nocturne link=topic=69.msg791#msg791 date=1228529993]
I dont remember you from the last boards but like you said you were only there a week, so welcome here.

Yeah, to me, it pretty much was the admin and a horrible tech guy that ruined the the other forum.
[/quote]
Sinfinity? Oh, that faggot. :monster:

Wasn't he also spying in on the team forums as well?

Oh, btw, welcome to the Forums.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Nobody actually cares he (or anyone else for that matter) was spying on team forums, the fact that he raeped the whole forum however does :monster:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom