Jack Tretton Stepping Down As President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment America.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
http://gamerspective.net/jack-tretton-stepping-president-ceo-sony-computer-entertainment-america/

Just found this out after seeing his name trend on twitter, I'm actually gutted about this, you could tell by the way he presented himself during conferences that he loved the Sony and PlayStation brand and he was committed to the gamer. I'll miss seeing his face at the likes of E3 and Gamescom but regardless he done a great job helping to get PlayStation to where it is today. Good luck to him and to Shawn Layden who will be taking his place.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Gonna be strange not having him speaking at conferences. Cool dude, seemed like a CEO who gave a crap about what his customers wanted

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Mr. Tretton. :salute:

iRsRqd8sp7Kbj.gif

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart
This makes me oddly sad. Always had respect for him, especially when he had the balls to step up at E3 and personally apologize for the hacking incidents. He didn't leave the company at his worst, but seems to be leaving with Sony going strong in the next console phase. Ah well, eee ya space cowboy.

*googling Shawn Layden at the speed of light*

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
You know I was thinking.

As much as I liked him at E3, SCEA for the last 10 years has either been really hit or super miss. There were times they were hemorrhaging money and other times where they struggled to break even.

There are a ton of questionable policies and products too. Like forcing first party SD cards for the PSP/Vita on there customers or how fail there laptops are in comparison to pretty much every other product.

As much as I loved the guy at E3 maybe its for the best. Sure he probably didnt have his hand in every failure but he is the figure head and maybe a fresh face will do the company good..

Top Bottom