Jason Bourne

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Because sequels with the same name as the original is the hip thing to do right?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but there was a fourth Bourne film without Jason Bourne (or just without Matt Damon?) in it, and now there's a fifth film where he comes back? Are they in chronological order or is this some kind of prequel?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The first Bourne movie was great. All of the others have been an exercise in patience, each one worse than the last.

And I may extra biased against the series for popularizing the effing shaky cam to the wider action movie Zeitgeist. It even infected Bond! (Quantum of Solace) and I've never quite forgiven it for that.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
The first Bourne movie was great. All of the others have been an exercise in patience, each one worse than the last.

And I may extra biased against the series for popularizing the effing shaky cam to the wider action movie Zeitgeist. It even infected Bond! (Quantum of Solace) and I've never quite forgiven it for that.

Idk. I feel like the Shaky Cam in Bourne movies isn't so bad and is used to enhance the fights. I feel like its used in such a way where I'm not confused wtf is going on and makes the fights look more visceral. It also helps that the gets actors who can actually do the stunt work and fight choreography correctly.

I feel like Shaky Cam in other movies is used to like hide and mask the shitty fight choreography or mask the actors poor stuntwork.

I do agree he is definitely at fault for starting the trend but I can forgive him for it because its done so well in the Bourne movies and doesn't detract from the films.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Unfortunately it also gives people unnecessary motion sickness and is an absolute travesty when it's being used in otherwise slow scenes (even the mostly-great Skyfall had an incredibly egregious example at one point)

I just wish they'd try and adapt some of the novel's elements a little more in the same way that Iron Man did :monster: Cain is for Charlie, and Charlie is for Cain!

Whatever, it'll probably be a decent action movie lacking the same energy of the original, just as most of its sequels have been lol

Top Bottom