• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Jen, The Sarah Saga, And Where She Went

Lex

Administrator
That story is fucking unbelievable. I honestly had no idea people like this could actually exist in real life.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I've seen madness, but this is some kind of madness even I don't want to tread on.

In the legendary words of Mike:

Jesus hot sauce christmas cake, this is fucking unbelievable.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
New members need to reach a certain number of posts in order to have full forum rights. This is what helps to weed out the bots. :)

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
I find these stories incredibly intriguing. I never knew The Sarah Saga or the FF VII house stories until you posted this thread. They certainly both serve as a cautionary tale as to who you can trust. It's really too bad that the writer of The Sarah Saga got basically ran off and didn't get to finish telling what happened and how they got rid of her finally.

Interestingly, I had an experience with an individual that was very much like Sarah/Cetra/Jen. For the purposes of this I'll rename this individual "John". When I was a junior in high school, I met "John". He was a sophomore and we both shared a love for all things geek. I had really become friends with him because he was into Star Wars and Final Fantasy III (VI). He was big into doing what he referred to as "live action role playing" and finally convinced me to start playing with him and his friends. At first, I found it to be incredibly fun. We all became fast friends. At one point, I doubt you could have separated us. "John" was the DM/GM at all times. He had a terrific visual imagination. With his descriptions it was like being wrapped up in a good book, he took you to the places he was describing.

Things were good for awhile. We played almost daily for a couple of months. Then Final Fantasy VII came out. "John" and I were very excited about it. He disappeared for awhile to play through the game. When he completed it and re-emerged to join the rest of our friends, something was different about him. Something in his personality had changed. We all saw it. He was very moody. There was something dark in his eyes. One of the NPC characters he used when we roleplayed was a character named Quake. He began referring to himself as Quake. He tried to convince us that his true form was that of a komodo dragon. When some of us laughed him off, he snapped and threatened us.

The group started to drift away from him and each other after that. He tried to bring us all back together and when we would refuse he would become irrationally pissed. One particular time, my brother and I were playing basketball in our driveway. "John" lived right down the street from us and saw us playing outside so he walked over. He began a friendly conversation at first and invited himself to play basketball with us. Soon, he began holding the ball for long periods of time and tried to convince us to roleplay with him. When my brother and I took the ball from him and told him we didn't want to, he became enraged and marched into our garage. He grabbed a broom and swung it as hard as he could at my brother. My brother ducked in time and the broom ended up hitting the basketball goal pole. The pole had a huge dent in it and the broom stick shattered. Suffice to say, my parents overheard the commotion and ended up sending "John" home.

I decided that I just wasn't going to have anything to do with him at all after that. 2 nights later he shows up on our doorstep with a gym bag packed full of stuff. He explained to my parents that his parents had thrown him out of the house and that he had nowhere else to go. My parents called the police and invited "John" in while they got the matter settled. "John" told my parents that his stepdad was abusive and hated him and ended up pulling a gun on him. As it turns out, that's not what happened at all. "John" pulled a gun on his little brother and threatened to kill him because he claimed his stepdad loved the little brother more AND because his parents refused to believe he was a komodo dragon.

The police came and took "John" that night. We never saw him again after that. I often wonder what became of him. I wonder if he got psychiatric help or if he grew out of whatever phase he was in. I wonder if he continued with his psychosis. I've never actually tried to locate the guy because I don't really want to associate with him. I just am curious what happened to him.

RedFFWolf

Donator
@OP - Interesting story. I had heard of "otherkin" before, but I had never heard (until I searched for the right term) of "fictionkin".

@vader - That's fascinating. Forgive me for probing further (and feel free to ignore everything here), but it was post-FFVII when he first mentioned the komodo dragon? Considering the time, it seems to link to FFVII, but it would have made more sense if there was something distinct of a komodo dragon element in FFVII - maybe he always felt that way and something about FFVII prompted him to share his feelings? I wonder what else was going on at that time behind the scenes for that to have come about.

@ Telling the Truth - you know you should write a book about this, right? She might threaten to sue you for libel but good luck with that, libel is pretty much impossible to prove as long as you stick to what you believe is the truth.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
@vader - That's fascinating. Forgive me for probing further (and feel free to ignore everything here), but it was post-FFVII when he first mentioned the komodo dragon? Considering the time, it seems to link to FFVII, but it would have made more sense if there was something distinct of a komodo dragon element in FFVII - maybe he always felt that way and something about FFVII prompted him to share his feelings? I wonder what else was going on at that time behind the scenes for that to have come about.

Yeah, it was post-FFVII that he started telling us that he was a komodo dragon. I can't really say for certain what may have driven him to this conclusion. It may have been completely unrelated to FFVII. I just know that it was post-FFVII that he started to exhibit the bizarre behavior. I'm convinced that he and his stepdad didn't get along the whole time. I don't think that was a post-FFVII thing. I actually think that's why he spent his time roleplaying so much. It was his escape/release. Maybe something finally snapped and that's what brought about the change. I couldn't say for certain.

There's a whole world of people out there not involved in any fandom, for whom a book like that would be a window onto a weird and fascinating world.

I know that in the UK you could do so. It's not covered by the official secrets act and it's what you sincerely believe to be the truth. It's not libel to tell the truth about people. They wouldn't be able to win a lawsuit against you, but oftentimes they don't need to be able to win - the mere threat of being taken to court, and all the wasted time and money, is enough to make most people think twice.

However, you could fictionalise the whole story and say "based on true events".

Lex

Administrator
I honestly have extreme trouble believing any of this stuff actually happened, but I think that's because I'm not American. As mental as that sounds. Shit like that just wouldn't happen here.

I know what you mean, Lex, but them, the world is full of stuff I don't understand I have trouble believing the Kardashians are famous!

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I honestly have extreme trouble believing any of this stuff actually happened, but I think that's because I'm not American. As mental as that sounds. Shit like that just wouldn't happen here.

It does, though. It happens pretty much everywhere. The Anime cult is a mostly north American phenomenon (There are Canadian ones, I've learned) but some of the players in this saga are British.

Also, note Anime Cult as opposed to Cult who made an Anime, because that is also a thing, and it happened in Japan. Full theatrical anime about why you should join the cult.

Splintered

unsavory tart
@OP - Interesting story. I had heard of "otherkin" before, but I had never heard (until I searched for the right term) of "fictionkin".
It's becoming more and more open. It's easy to find it if you are looking for it, but at least twice on tumblr alone I randomly ran into fictionkins. One was convinces they were Rick Grimes on The Walking Dead and the other a character from Assassination Classroom. They mostly keep to themselves but on both their sites they said that they couldn't talk to people who were the same fictionkin as they were and had an entire list of rules on how to contact them or whatever.

I just hope they were young and would eventually grow out of it. The only worrying thing is how easy it is to scam people out of their money. I feel like it's a lot easier and less of a taboo to ask for money from a fandom than it was years ago. It's led to a lot of different sob stories on the net begging for money by complete strangers.

It's a bit sad but not really surprising that vulnerable people would want to be someone more interesting - or stronger - than themselves so badly that they end up believing they actually are that person.

Human beings are certainly interesting.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I see it as some kind of extension of childhood, given that when kids go "I'm G.I. Joe!" or "I'm a unicorn!", nobody bats an eye. I'm not sure what the cause of people not growing out of it - or re-growing into it - is. Coddling? No need to adult? Part of a group that doesn't adult and encourages staying yoof? Not getting bullied enough for abnormal behaviour? IDK

Lex

Administrator
Bumping this thread with the video JT found and posted in the Chit Chat thread, because pertinent.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I've never heard of this! Holy crap. Guys let's never move in together.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've never heard of this! Holy crap. Guys let's never move in together.

Your site is already led by a cultist deity, moving in is the logical next step :monster:. Look for a copy of the Necronomicon in a library near you.

or the Necromnomnomnicon if you're into the Blue God. :monster:

Top Bottom