• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Jurassic World

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Wouldn't someone have sued the hell out of the company that owns the dinosaurs after a freaking T-Rex got loose in LA?

I mean, how is it that they are able to even open the park?

Did none of these people watch the first three movies? I mean...

that being said I'll still go see this :monster:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Wouldn't someone have sued the hell out of the company that owns the dinosaurs after a freaking T-Rex got loose in LA?

People have a short attention span.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

I very much hope that they address this, actually.

X :neo:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Its given to another company. When another company handles it and can improve upon behavioural patterns of dinos by literally using lego blocks tropes then anything is possible. Maybe the plot centers on when they have tampered with lego genetic block making too far by making OP dinosaurs. I'm just amazed Star Lord can ride with raptors now in contrast to how they love demonizing these guys for 3 films by making them antagonists. They may have torn him apart in 1 to 3 if he's that close to them. XD

Edit: an example for how it changes hands irl. A long time ago when I was a kid they closed burger king cos the sponsoring arabic company here was sued due to claims of extremely dirty work environments. Come 2014 almost 13 years later another arabic company sponsors burger king and manages to reopen here once more. I feel this could also apply to jurassic world's existence.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe

If im not mistaken InGen is not running the park in this movie. I read they hit financial trouble and had been bought out.

Realistically InGen at its prime would have covered up most of what happened at Isla Nublar (JP1) so there is a chance the public has no clue just how bad the first park turned out.

The new company buying the rights to the amusement park concept could have ran a campaign saying they could handle it much better than InGen did and the events in San Francisco (JP2) would never have happened under their reign. It's not that hard to sway the masses :monster:

Plus all in all even if I personally knew about the events in all 3 prior movies I'd still throw my money at them at the chance to go see the Dinos.

Me Gusta Los Dinosaurioooos :reptar:

I'm just amazed Star Lord can ride with raptors now in contrast to how they love demonizing these guys for 3 films by making them antagonists. They may have torn him apart in 1 to 3 if he's that close to them. XD

I think he's the parks Raptor Trainer/Tamer. Raptors were highly intelligent so its no surprise they are capable of domestication :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
To address both Mumble and Gabriel (because I'm organized like that not):

I think in the second movie it was explained that there were wrongful death lawsuits being filed against InGen for all the people that died in the first movie. Trying to bring the dinosaurs to the mainland was to be a way to make up the revenue.

In the third movie, Dr. Grant is giving a lecture at a college and all of the students kept asking him questions about the events of the first movie, much to his dismay as this wasn't what the lecture was about. The general public knows everything. I also think Dr. Sattler may have been writing a book. I can't remember if it was about what happened or something else, though.

Not to mention, the general public knowing about the events of the first movie is how Tea Leoni and William H. Macy come to hire Dr. Grant for their secret mission to rescue their son.

I guess a new company could have come in and bought them out. If they think they can get a grasp on it. I don't think it quite works the same as a fast food franchise, though. :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
lol damn. I havent seen the movies in a few years but that sounds about right.

Thoroughly wrecked lol.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
If it makes you feel better, I only remembered half of that, really. AMC was having a Jurassic Park marathon today that reminded me of a couple key facts. They kept playing all three movies over and over. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
What second and third movies? There were never a second and third movies.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
jurassic-world-indominus-rex.jpg

Jurassic-World-Indominus-Rex-Silhouette_size_1000.jpg

INDOMINUS REX
Name Meaning: Fierce or Untamable King
Habitat: Jurassic World
Length: Currently 40 ft
Weight: TBD
Origin: Hammond Creation Lab

We set out to make Indominus the most fearsome dinosaur ever to be displayed at Jurassic World. The genetic engineers at our Hammond Creation Lab have more than delivered. At first glance, Indominus most closely resembles a T. Rex. But its distinctive head ornamentation and ultra-tough bony osteoderms can be traced from Theropods known as Abeliosaurs. Indominus’ horns have been placed above the eye orbit through genetic material hybridized from Carnotaurus, Majungasaurus, Rugops and Giganotosaurus. Fearsome indeed.

Indominus’ roar is estimated to reach 140-160db—the same as a 747 taking off and landing. And it can reach speeds of 30 mph…while confined to its enclosure. Come experience Indominus Rex for yourself beginning this summer. If you dare.

Did You Know?
Indominus’ teeth are being constantly replaced — a genetic distinction common to all theropods as well as nearly all sharks.

Via: http://www.jurassicworld.com/dinosaurs/indominus-rex/

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
How can Star Lord and his Raptor Squad bring down this guy? From description alone, that trailer with him and his pets are like riding to their death.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Someone likes the cloud filter in Photoshop I see. :monster:

My theory:
This movie Will try to be clever and make raptors the good guys this time. The entire raptor squad Will be killed in an attemp at "feels".

Actually, that kind of does make me feel sad just thinking about it. :(

I hate the line "it's killing for sport" tho. I prefer the dinos to be animals, even if they are genetically engineered. I can go with the raptors being intelligent, but they didn't do something without a purpose. They didn't just do it for the lulz

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I think that that's a largely misunderstood concept. Some animals actually DO kill for "sport" (i.e. for reasons other than just predation or territorial defense) and that's not just a human trait. Probably the most extreme version of this that I've seen is watching lions running around and murdering Hyenas just for the hell of it (granted the two species hate the shit out of each other, but still). Basically it just means that the Indomius Rex is displaying bullying behavior and killing something just to kill it.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
You know for a bunch of scientists they make some really dumb mistakes. Like making a hybrid dinosaur that is totally unpredictable in behavior.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
You know for a bunch of scientists they make some really dumb mistakes. Like making a hybrid dinosaur that is totally unpredictable in behavior.

Well, ANY creature is only relatively predictable in its behaviour. I wouldn't even call this a mistake on the scientists' part at all. It's really just gonna be whoever pushed to make the next bigger-and-better thing and not planning carefully enough for it, just like with any new attraction.

From everything in the trailer, it basically seems like they're making a the Indomius Rex to bring in more people in to the park. Think of it as the sort of "once upon a time you'd go to a zoo to see these strange and dangerous animals from far off lands, but eventually they just become more mundane in the grand scheme of things and less exciting and exotic." Even the trailer suggests that it's become a glorified zoo that mainly attracts kids with them, "this one will even give grown-ups nightmares" comment and the parents sending their kids to it in the first trailer.

If science is responsible for splicing existing dino DNA together with other animals (like they do with frogs in the original) to bring them back to begin with, crossing various dino DNA around into a new species isn't really all that different than the core concept. The rules of a Jurassic Park film is that we can only see it when it goes wrong.

Top Bottom