• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Just a "hello" to some old faces

Fade

SHR
So, I'll level with you: I'm unlikely to stick around here. I'm more of a lurker by habit, these days. But after seeing the AC.net thread and making an account for nostalgic giggles, I thought I'd at least drop a message to say "hi" to anyone who happens to remember my unexceptional self from the old days.

And yeah, this is it. Hi! Would love to hear from you in this thread--and if you've changed your name in the meantime, throw me a bone and tell me who you used to be :lol:Apart from our local Mexican friend; pretty sure he used to be in SeeD, once upon a time.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I remember you, had many lively and fun discussions back in the day. What a nice, and nostalgic return. Hope you stick around more than you think!

Fade

SHR
Hello! Same name here :monster:

Your name always tickled me! In a world of Sephiroth_77s and the like, you went with some random mid-tier weapon :lol: I'm happy you've stuck with it all this time.

My name was "Watcher" over at ACF. One of the rare cases where my username was not Shademp. I've probably seen your name when I browsed thousands of saved pages of the Advent Children.net forums.

Ahh, so that was it. I think I've bumped into your Shademp name over the years, but I couldn't place you in ACF, was starting to feel guilty!

I remember you, had many lively and fun discussions back in the day. What a nice, and nostalgic return. Hope you stick around more than you think!

Haha yeah, we really discussed the ins and outs of everything. Think you were one of my rare MSN correspondents, too. Me and Masamune could never talk you round to our Compilation hate :lol: I wonder if that guy's still around somewhere?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I wonder if that guy's still around somewhere?

He has been around TLS off and on. Been awhile, though.

Your name always tickled me! In a world of Sephiroth_77s and the like, you went with some random mid-tier weapon :lol: I'm happy you've stuck with it all this time.

lol, I'm not exactly sure where it came from. I think I had used "SapphireWeapon" elsewhere on the internet but on an actual FF7 forum it felt too obvious. And I always liked the Force Stealer for looking so distinct.
Of course that lead to non-FF7 places on the web thinking it was a Star Wars thing :sigh:

Fade

SHR
Most likely you've seen my name when browsing YouTube and then being recommended videos like these :awesomonster:

Ah yeah, I think that's it! Been down that YouTube well a couple times with the Remake and all. It's some premium content, love that stuff.

He has been around TLS off and on. Been awhile, though.

Of course that lead to non-FF7 places on the web thinking it was a Star Wars thing :sigh:

I think the last time I was in contact with him, he'd changed his name to Beat.Rush or something similar. We spoke a LOT so would be good to know what he's up to. As to the name...I totally know the feeling. I got asked so many times on AC.net if my name was in reference to...I think the Malazan Book of the Fallen? Couldn't say, I still haven't read it :P

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
When I saw your name with that avatar I immediately remembered you! Crazy how much data our brains can store/compress.

I was the one (different username) who got the Spam Games closed. If you don’t remember me, that’s probably a good thing. :monster:

@Shademp I didn’t know you were on ACF! Were you active? I feel like I almost remember the name Watcher but I think I’m getting it mixed up with Wander.

Fade

SHR
It's good to know I made at least some sort of impression, I suppose! I wasn't sure many people would remember me at all, especially with how long ago it was. I'm the same, though, it's all flooding back! I can't believe how many PC disasters this one avatar has managed to survive. I'm sure I've lost many more important files along the way (including all the FF fanfic I ever wrote, come to that). Even after the only semi-serious theory it was based on never came to pass, I liked it enough to keep it and upgrade it to an AC version.

I was on the mod team at one point, and I feel like I vaguely remember something like that drama, but not 100% sure. I understand if you'd rather not revisit your old name, though! I don't use this name anymore, either, as it happens.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I remember your icon! I changed mine so often then that I don't remember what I'd have used tho. I wasn't terribly active on AC.Net, but I was around and definitely recognize you!

Welcome back, old-timer :P

Last edited:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
That’s right, you were a mod. It’s all coming back to me.

Yeah, me and another member got into this shitpost frenzy where we tried to have our name be the last responder on every single thread of every single page of the Spam Games section. :wacky: I may as well say it, I was Cl0udStr1fe and my shitposting buddy was Blacksmith.

I wish I had any of my old avatars or sigs. I know I had an old photobucket but I can’t remember the exact name. I may take a stab at it even though they’ll all have watermarks now.

Last edited:
@Shademp I didn’t know you were on ACF! Were you active?
In the four years that I was a member I made roughly 500 posts, so I was decently active.
Example of a later Watcher post

I was Cl0udStr1fe and my shitposting buddy was Blacksmith.
Look at little spambot Ryvius! :awesome:

(Don't worry, none of the links there lead to saved posts or to your profile)

I was on the mod team at one point
Did you go by a different name than Fade? I've looked at the saved pages for the site staff (both for front page and forum staff) but I'm coming up empty. Also while browsing the forum I've yet to see a "Fade" anywhere.

Fade

SHR
Did you go by a different name than Fade? I've looked at the saved pages for the site staff (both for front page and forum staff) but I'm coming up empty. Also while browsing the forum I've yet to see a "Fade" anywhere.

Hm, pretty sure I was Fade the whole time there, but I probably went inactive before AC really started to wind down. There's also an off chance I just deleted my account when I figured I was done? Dunno, seems like something I would do!

I've been wondering if you were gonna upgrade whenever we see the remake version of forcestealer.

okay I'll butt out of the nostalgia-fest now

He might be in luck, the Remake has some pretty fancy weapon designs. And that's a full HD model for the avatar! I briefly flirted with upgrading my Rufus to the Remake version, then realised it was probably going overboard for a cameo...

Fade

SHR
I was never part of ACF. I just want to say that I like your avatar.

Thanks, it's kind of neat that so many people remember it, too! Funny story, I got told my real-life face looked a bit like Rufus on ACF once, although I'd probably best chalk that one up to association more than anything.

Hello, I was never in ACF, so I don't know if you'd remember me. I started here with Chie Satonaka as name.

Hi! Unfortunately, I think I was already on my way out of forums by the time ACF shuttered, so I don't really know anyone from around here, even from its early days. Nice to meet you, though!

Top Bottom