• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Just a thought: Two monsters and their creators.

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
Jack Crawford: You're sympathizing with this guy?
Will Graham: Absolutely. My heart bleeds for him, as a child. Someone took a kid and manufactured a monster. At the same time, as an adult, he's irredeemable. He butchers whole families to pursue trivial fantasies. As an adult, someone should blow the sick fuck out of his socks. Does that sound like a contradiction to you, Jack? Does this kind of thinking make you uncomfortable?
-Manhunter (1986)

I've used this quote once before when talking about Sephiroth. How while the circumstances of his early life were terrible, namely being a genetically engineered test subject since conception, he ultimately became an irredeemable monster as a man. That while his early life was pitiable, Sephiroth was ultimately responsible for the atrocities he committed, and was simply to far gone to be redeemed. This made me think of what I consider to be a similar character in more recent pop-culture, Jon A.K.A. Homelander from the Amazon adaptation of The Boys. Both of them grew up in cold labs instead of with loving families.

But then you get the men who made these monsters, or at the very least the two men most associated with Sephiroth's and Homelander's creation, Dr. Hojo and Dr. Jonah Vogelbaum, respectively. Hojo is proud of how he raised Sephiroth, without a family, without love and without any true human connections. While Vogelbaum feels remorse and guilt over Jon's isolated upbringing, considering Jon/Homelander his greatest failure as a result, or seen in the clip below.

All in all, noticing the similarities and differences between both Sephiroth and Homelander makes me wonder how they'd react to each other in person. Especially the differences between Sephiroth the man (pre-Nibelheim incident) and Sephiroth the monster (post-Nibelheim incident) reactions toward Homelander. I don't see Hojo and Vogelbaum getting along at all though.

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
Jack Crawford: You're sympathizing with this guy?
Will Graham: Absolutely. My heart bleeds for him, as a child. Someone took a kid and manufactured a monster. At the same time, as an adult, he's irredeemable. He butchers whole families to pursue trivial fantasies. As an adult, someone should blow the sick fuck out of his socks. Does that sound like a contradiction to you, Jack? Does this kind of thinking make you uncomfortable?
-Manhunter (1986)

I've used this quote once before when talking about Sephiroth. How while the circumstances of his early life were terrible, namely being a genetically engineered test subject since conception, he ultimately became an irredeemable monster as a man. That while his early life was pitiable, Sephiroth was ultimately responsible for the atrocities he committed, and was simply to far gone to be redeemed. This made me think of what I consider to be a similar character in more recent pop-culture, Jon A.K.A. Homelander from the Amazon adaptation of The Boys. Both of them grew up in cold labs instead of with loving families.

But then you get the men who made these monsters, or at the very least the two men most associated with Sephiroth's and Homelander's creation, Dr. Hojo and Dr. Jonah Vogelbaum, respectively. Hojo is proud of how he raised Sephiroth, without a family, without love and without any true human connections. While Vogelbaum feels remorse and guilt over Jon's isolated upbringing, considering Jon/Homelander his greatest failure as a result, or seen in the clip below.

All in all, noticing the similarities and differences between both Sephiroth and Homelander makes me wonder how they'd react to each other in person. Especially the differences between Sephiroth the man (pre-Nibelheim incident) and Sephiroth the monster (post-Nibelheim incident) reactions toward Homelander. I don't see Hojo and Vogelbaum getting along at all though.
Bingo! Sephiroth is far from redeemable but if he had been told some truths like who his real mother is he would not have become the monster we all know, if lucrecia had just that one chance to hold him as an infant that one chance sephiroth could have known the truth it would have changed certain events

Agrippa

Pro Adventurer
It would taken more than someone holding baby Sephiroth just once for him to have a healthy childhood. It would have taken him being cared for by a loving and nurturing family for him to grow into a well-adjusted adult. That and being told the truth of his origins at a young age. There's one catch though, Hojo wouldn't have allowed it. As a result of Hojo's deliberately bad "parenting" Sephiroth ended up as a mass murdering psychopath, or as I like to call him at times, Rocky Horror Douchebag. So yeah, I do see a lot of similarities between Sephiroth and Homelander.

Last edited:

Firstone33

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Daniel
It would taken more then someone holding baby Sephiroth just once for him to have a healthy childhood. It would have taken him being cared for by a loving and nurturing family for him to grow into a well-adjusted adult. That and being told the truth of his origins at a young age. There's one catch though, Hojo wouldn't have allowed it. As a result of Hojo's deliberately bad "parenting" Sephiroth ended up as a mass murdering psychopath, or as I like to call him at times, Rocky Horror Douchebag. So yeah, I do see a lot of similarities between Sephiroth and Homelander.
That is why I love him so much! He isn't your typical villain you actually kind of sympathize him but at same time like hate him for what he does, still if he just had actual good parents or should I say mother maybe just maybe he would not have become the monster we see in games

Top Bottom