• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Just for fun: what music genre would FF7 characters listen to?

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
Yeah, don't ask why I came up with this idea :lol:

So, basically what the title says, what kind of music do you think different FF7 characters would listen to?

Isn't President Shinra listening to some kind of classical music when Sector 7 falls?

(I'll try to create a more serious thread next time...)

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Pres Shinra us listening to Hayden's "The Creation" iirc.

Reno: Punk Rock - stuff like the Ramones, not shitty modern punk stuff.

Elena: Bubblegum pop - all the more scary when shes killing people

Vincent : 80's goth stuff obviously, sisters.of mercy etc

Cait sith is reeve and reeve is a socially concious hipster douche do likes stuff like bob dylan and joan baez.

Cant think of any.more right now.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Pretty sure I've seen a thread like this before.

If his theme is anything to go by, I bet Cait Sith likes smooth jazz.

I could see Cid liking classic rock.

Sephiroth likes Ominous Latin Chanting.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
In before someone suggests Barret listens to rap / hip-hop / another "urban" genre.

I can imagine him listening to something heavy to get worked up before an AVALANCHE mission.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I think barret is too old for hip hop/urban stuff anyway. I reckon he likes soul and classic rock.

robotwarui

kraplach
AKA
badrobot
I think

Bugenhagen likes experimental music and music that makes use of the sounds of nature and machines. His favorite beats are the vibrations from the planet. He is very mathematical/music-minded. He invented the theramin.

Nanaki is a genius musician in his head but sadly he has a canine body and can't do so much as write it down or even hit (mash) less then 3 keys on the piano at once.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Sephiroth I see being a fan of alternative rock, alternative metal, industrial metal, and industrial rock. He seems like the type of person who would prefer music that has edge to it.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
^^Or he prefers whatever music Shin-Ra has as the background music for the Shin-Ra Tower that day. I kinda doubt he was exposed to any music genres in his time pre-Wutai War.

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
Rufus appreciates classical music and can play piano (this is my head canon, blame Redcherryamber - also read her fics). He says doesn't like music with lyrics because they're distracting. He actually really likes rap.

Tseng likes screaming heavy metal, he listens it with head phones in and appear very calm and tranquil.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
To appropriate IRL music -
- Yuffie most definitely listens to kpop.
- Sephiroth is the quintessential Rammstein fanboy.
- President Shinra loves Sinatra.

Rufus appreciates classical music and can play piano (this is my head canon, blame Redcherryamber - also read her fics). He says doesn't like music with lyrics because they're distracting. He actually really likes rap.

Why? (there has to be a story behind this)

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
Not much of a story, but he likes spoken word poetry and he likes the emotions. He likes the beat and the vivid pictures painted with words in a mic, like screaming without raising your voice, just words.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Reno and Rude, probably. But for Rufus, I can't see that, honestly, given his extremely refined mannerisms and socioeconomic status. For contemporary music, I can really imagine him being into ballads and soft indie rock. I think he'd like the Decemberists.

Because Yuffie hasn't been exposed much to television or radio (headcanon) she mostly gets to listen to traditional chinese-type music. She is fond of this because it's associated with her homeland. From what I gather her culture is a Japanese-Chinese mix, no? Correct me if I'm way off.

Yuffie however holds an untapped love for Korean pop music. If this existed in the FFVII-verse, she'd hold a naive dream to perform with a group like KARA.

Farron

If the sky comes falling down
AKA
Hallelujah
Cloud- Crisis Core- Secret hardcore Disney fanboy
Final Fantasy VII- Enjoys whatever is Top 5
Advent Children- Chemical Romance, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, The Frey

Tifa- Katy Perry, Beyonce, Pussycat Dolls, Rihanna, Kelly Clarkson

Aerith- Sugababes, Coldplay, Jet, One Republic, Muse, The White Stripes, Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj.

Cid- Eminem, Korn, Foo Fighters, System of a Down, Kayne West

Yuffie- Kpop and Jpop

Cait Sith- Nickelback's biggest fanboy

Sephiroth- Likes his own songs ( Those Choosen by the Planet, OWA )

Onion Knight

Magikarp Power
Cloud- Always seemed like the kind of guy who likes Rock music.
Young Cloud- whatever is popular until Zack introduces him to Rock.

Zack- Rock all the way

Genesis- seems like a J-rock kind of guy (read Gackt), but I guess I can also see him listening to classic music.

Tifa- eclectic, what ever sounds good.
Aerith- ditto in fact their lack of any real preference in genre makes the two of them easy to travel with.

Cid- I view him as the kind of guy who likes country, and classic Rock.

Cat Sith/Reeve- Disney soundtracks, Techno, also Alternative.

RedXIII- Disco (he doesn't know its dead), also Reggae, doesn't mind Rock as long as it isn't loud.

Barret- rock & roll, Motown, classic rock.

Yuffie- K-pop, and J-pop.

Vincent- no preference.

The turks- Jazz, especially smooth jazz.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I was actually thinking that maybe Sephiroth secretly did have a love for theatre music but didn't really show it.

I was actually thinking that maybe Sephiroth would have the guilty pleasure of liking the musical, Wicked, especially the song, Defying Gravity.

Skan

Pro Adventurer
AKA
dief
I was actually thinking that maybe Sephiroth secretly did have a love for theatre music but didn't really show it.

I was actually thinking that maybe Sephiroth would have the guilty pleasure of liking the musical, Wicked, especially the song, Defying Gravity.
Heh. In my headcanon, Genesis absolutely abhors musicals. He thinks that they're "noisy, vulgar and utterly meaningless." (Quote ripped, ofc, from Darren Nichols, who loves musicals for precisely that very reason. :P)

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Heh. In my headcanon, Genesis absolutely abhors musicals. He thinks that they're "noisy, vulgar and utterly meaningless." (Quote ripped, ofc, from Darren Nichols, who loves musicals for precisely that very reason. :P)

The reason I kind of picked, Wicked, because pre-evil Sephiroth would actually see some part of himself in Elphaba. Not to mention how Defying Gravity would fit him in his one winged angel form.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I reckon Reeve is a big Moby fan. Also, when he's doing city planning work, he listens incessantly to the Bob the Builder theme as he finds the can-do attitude of the song motivational.

Elena is the only one of the Turks who tries to keep up with what's happening now in the music industry, 'cause she thinks it's important to have an interest in something outside of work and doesn't want to become a cynical ol' fart like Reno or as work-a-holic as Tseng.

Barrett and Cid have a mutual love of country music and spend their down time during the journey debating who was the best country artist. Barrett and Dyne would've spent a lot of their early twenties touring around the country music scene, going to watch their favourite acts playing around the continent with nary a penny between them. Then they came back to Corel, met their respective wives and hunkered down to do some mining to help support their family.

Always thought Reno'd be a big Rage Against the Machine fan

Last edited:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Now for some reason I actually can see Sephiroth being a secret Disney fan. After seeing Disney's Frozen I can seriously see him taking a liking to "Let It Go" from Frozen.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Because Yuffie hasn't been exposed much to television or radio (headcanon) she mostly gets to listen to traditional chinese-type music. She is fond of this because it's associated with her homeland. From what I gather her culture is a Japanese-Chinese mix, no? Correct me if I'm way off.

Yuffie however holds an untapped love for Korean pop music. If this existed in the FFVII-verse, she'd hold a naive dream to perform with a group like KARA.

Bless this headcanon.

Methinks Yuffie enjoys
which she always listens to while training.

Tifa loves alternative rock. And it rubbed off on Cloud.

Top Bottom