Justice League movie supposedly on the way

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
And possibly Flash and WW movies

And a "reinvented" Nolan-less Batman

(Assuming they shit instead of getting off the pot this time, of course)

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/03/29/justice-league-the-movie-warner-chief-sets-sights-on-team-up-film-and-reinventing-batman/?dlvrit=63378

The president of the Warner Bros. motion picture group, who recently sat down for an extensive interview with The Times, discussed his long-term strategy for DC beyond movies already in the works, such as June’s “Green Lantern” and next year’s “The Dark Knight Rises” and Superman movie.

The first priority for the man with the ultimate say on what films get made at Warner Bros.: Finally getting the Justice League, DC’s team featuring all its top characters, on the big screen in 2013. The picture had been very close to production in late 2007 and early 2008, but was killed by the Writers Guild of America strike, tax credit issues in Australia, and concerns by some at Warner about presenting a competing (and conflicting) version of Batman while director Christopher Nolan’s films were breaking box office records.

But Robinov said a new Justice League script is in the works. Also being written for Warner are scripts featuring the Flash and Wonder Woman, who could be spun off into their own movies after Justice League.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Same shit they said years ago and all three films fell apart now we're getting a terrible Wonder Woman tv series. Meh.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Although DC has had more success than Marvel with their adaptations, they've been inconsistent. Steel, Jonah Hex, Catwoman, Batman Forever, and Batman & Robin were fucking horrible. Watchmen was as good as it could be and Superman Returns tried too hard to be a Christopher Reeves film.

I didn't mind Tim Burton's films, but that could just be my inner child talking. Saw them back when I was just 5 years old, and I pretty much loved anything Batman related.

However, I think DC had some success with their relatively unknown titles. Road to Perdition, History of Violence, and Constantine were pretty damn good.

But, I don't think a Justice League film should be attempted right now. It's just not the right time for it. You want to make a Justice League film, do it right. Don't do it just to compete with Marvel's shitstorm.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Although DC has had more success than Marvel with their adaptations, they've been inconsistent. Steel, Jonah Hex, Catwoman, Batman Forever, and Batman & Robin were fucking horrible. Watchmen was as good as it could be and Superman Returns tried too hard to be a Christopher Reeves film.

I didn't mind Tim Burton's films, but that could just be my inner child talking. Saw them back when I was just 5 years old, and I pretty much loved anything Batman related.

However, I think DC had some success with their relatively unknown titles. Road to Perdition, History of Violence, and Constantine were pretty damn good.

But, I don't think a Justice League film should be attempted right now. It's just not the right time for it. You want to make a Justice League film, do it right. Don't do it just to compete with Marvel's shitstorm.

Constantine was a decent film, except for the fact that it wasn't Constantine.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Why not? They're doing it to Spiderman after all :monster:

That doesn't magically cause it to make sense, :monster:. I mean, Spiderman's just too recently put to film, I think, everyone remembers it as a movie made recently and will go 'HUH WTF IDGI' when the new version comes out, thinking it'll be Spiderman 4 or something and seeing the first re-done, maybe with some things done differently. This, I must note, applies to Over Here (in faraway Not Denmark), where comics and movie adaptations aren't as well-known as Over There.

Top Bottom