• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Kefka...???? What Are YOU Doing Here?!?!

Zef

Rookie Adventurer
The war hero driven mad by experimentation performed on him to make him a cut above the rest, who then seeks to destroy the world for a perceived greater good.

One alien mommy short of a Sephiroth :P.

I don't think it is really ideal to compare Kefka to later rendition main villains because their wasn't as much space on a SNES cartridge for exploring everything that they could have on a disc. If I did have to compare him to someone, Kuja represents the same sort of thing (protags are trying to find meaning, Kuja doesn't believe in a meaning)... and also Hojo has a lot of similarities to Kefka in a way.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I think what makes Kefka work is that he is so over the top. He's not some embodiment of all evil or ancient prophesied threat. He's just a straight up sociopath who by the endgame gets flung into the deepest levels of nihilism. The Kuja comparison is actually pretty spot on.

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
I don't think it is really ideal to compare Kefka

To be honest, I'd take this a step further and say none of the FF games really are very effective to compare to each other, though I used to think so, because in my mind, the team was the same from the beginning on.

NOT SO.

I remember reading in an interview from the 90's with some of the FF6 team members that FF is unique as a series in that the team gets shuffled around like a deck of cards, and each team is always out to create something completely new. This wasn't always possible on the NES side of things (for obvious reasons) so a lot of assets ended up getting re-used back then, but from FF4 on, things got, shall we say, interesting.

But comparing any two of the mainline entries is rather fruitless at this point, knowing what I know now. None of them are intended to be related to the others in much of any way at all.

Top Bottom