KH I.5 + II.5 coming to PS4 March 28, 2017

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Okay so they're both just "add ons" that you get from the PSN store and... neither one of them do anything... at all... I can't get either to work... and neither can anyone else I've talked to

yay Square
giphy.gif

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The theater mode patch for KH1 is 10GB? What the eff?

Did they literally just add video files instead of having the game load the real-time scenes? What a goddamn waste of space.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yeah especially since the "add ons" don't even work...

though some are saying it needs a "patch" to work so maybe there still IS going to be something

EDIT
There's a server error and that's why the patch was delayed so... they'll let us know about it soon I suppose

Last edited:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
You need the patch to use it, it's been delayed due to a server issue. They'll tweet when it's up or you can keep checking.

Should have refreshed before posting:lol:

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
According to the press release:

The update is available to download directly from the PlayStation®Store and includes:

- An additional cut scene for the HD Remastered cinematics of KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days
- Addition of the Theatre mode for KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX, allowing players to re-experience the cutscenes
- Patch that resolves various bug fixes, including the save error in KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX

Finally!
I can buy the game now :monster:
Apparently the Xemnas reaction command glitch has been fixed, as well as Sephiroth's fast moving meteors.

Patch notes:

img_0053tjspq.jpg

Last edited:

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer

And here is the new Days cutscene, showcasing the 'final boss', if you will.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
So a few bad things have come with the good. Certain aspects of the game have been effected negatively because of them bumping up some things to 60 FPS. Most notably

• For some reason certain enemies don't teleport to where they are supposed to such as Marluxia and Lingering Will. After doing his pool attack, Marluxia should teleport to the middle of the arena, but he seems to go to someplace random or to where he was before the attack. The little circle thing that appears underneath him when he teleports is still in the center though, go figure :monster: . I'm not as familiar with Lingering Will's boss battle so I'm not sure what's wrong with him but I've heard he's a tad messed up, but casual players wouldn't really notice
  • Warp snipe doesn't work on normal enemies now but still works on Xigbar
  • Magnet, Chicken Little and any other attack that draws in enemies now does it much slower.
  • Apparently Demyx's data battle is somehow screwed up... I can't confirm or deny this because I only just started a playthrough of KH 2, but when I get there I'll let you guys know what's up.

That's the main "bad" I could find and honestly if this is where they stop patching, I'd be okay. I'd much rather have save crashing fixed and Xemnas working and give up Marluxia and have magnet be a little slower. But that's what's been noted so far.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
uh... game is downloading a 1.04, anyone know anything about this?

EDIT

DC_Jj3yXcAAS6-Q.jpg

WELP most of the stuff brought on by 1.03 has been fixed... just like two more things broken that casual players would never notice...

so yay, this is darn near a perfect port :monster:

EDIT II

And I'd like to point out that I like the fact that they felt the need to clarify which commands they were referring to when talking about magnetic forces...

Did they think we'd be like "Fixed magnetic forces okay... which attack are they talking about.. OH MAGNET!" or something? :monster:

Last edited:

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Well, there are other attacks that have a draw-in effect :P Jack's limit, for one. Were there issues with other such attacks besides Magnet?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Glad they care enough to fix shit still. Being an HD port I would have assumed they just leave it at that and say "fuck it, good enough. It sold."

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Well, there are other attacks that have a draw-in effect :P Jack's limit, for one. Were there issues with other such attacks besides Magnet?

Yeah all those attacks had issues, they drew them in slowly... but they seem to be fixed or even faster now

EDIT
hey how long did it take for them to fix the stuff with FFXHD? I feel like they're patching KH quickly.

Last edited:

JechtShotMK9

AKA
Kamiccolo9
Well, if anyone cares, I can confirm that the Xemnas reaction command now works, for the first time since, what, 2006? :D

Lex

Administrator
Until this very moment I didn't actually know we had a whole Subforum for Kingdom Hearts :monster:

(I was looking for a general discussion thread)

Anyway yesterday I finally decided to buy the HD collection for PS4. I had started a playthrough of the 1.5 HD Collection (specifically Final Mix) back on PS3, I got that at release. I got to Agrabah and never went back to it.

I've enjoyed/ completed II and BBS. I got the original KH around release when I was but a youngling and while I remember enjoying it, I couldn't really figure it out/ get into it. I ended up giving it to a school friend who just about shat his pants with excitement (he was talking about how much he wanted to play it and his parents would never have the spare cash to get him the game, and I was just like "omg do you want it, it doesn't click with me").

Years later KHII released, and I liked the look of it. I went to a shop to buy the original game again to prep for it - I don't know how close to its release this was, I was much older but still pre-20. I picked up KH1 and took it to the counter in WHSmith. The woman behind the till put KHII in the case. I didn't realise this until I was on a bus home. Bargain.

Anyway I played through KHII once and I played through BBS on the PSP, enjoyed those.

Now idk if I misremembered or what but I'm not sure I ever finished KH1. And I say this because I'm SURE I've been to the end of the game/ seen the ending, but I could be wrong. The reason I'm now certain I've never finished is because I started my Final Mix playthrough yesterday and the last thing I was doing before I went to bed last night was the Giant Ursula fight. I haven't been that frustrated playing a video game in YEARS. I ended up cheesing the fuck out of it by ascending and descending to the back of her head, but the way she's constantly turning to get back to you feels so rubber bandy - it's obviously not how you're supposed to do the fight. I actually googled tips. I think it took me something like 8 attempts. It doesn't help that every assist character you have in the game is made of thin paper.

My point being I would fucking remember attempting that awful fight when I was a young teenager because I don't think I'd ever have gotten past it lol.

Anyway, something is finally clicking - this is attempt number 4 to get through KH1 and I'm actually looking forward to continuing my playthrough today. It's clunky and awkward and I think knowing there are better gameplay experiences to follow is helping motivate me to finish it - it's by no means a poor game (obviously), but coming off an action gameplay masterpiece like God of War doesn't really help either - it's clearly unfair to compare the two given the huge time difference, but still I think the reason I've never finished KH1 is that something always ends up feeling frustrating in the gameplay, whether it's the platforming or Sora's inability to move out of the bloody way when you're trying to get him to dodge something occasionally.

So, I'm having fun :monster:

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
It's certainly aged. My last playthrough on PS3 was really eye-opening in how janky the game is. Even other aspects weren't as slick; I could kind of see how the game was holding itself together, if that makes sense. And of course there are those frustrating designs to some worlds that were clear even from the start. Despite that I still think it's a decent game I can't ever find myself agreeing with people who tout it as unplayable garbage.

At least the series redeems itself with providing one of the most satisfying combat systems in Japanese ARPGs: KH2FM.

JechtShotMK9

AKA
Kamiccolo9
I never really cared for KH1. I mean, it's not bad, but for all the praise it gets for it's platforming, and all the flack the rest of the series gets for removing it...the platforming in KH1 is just kinda shit.

Ursula's a pain in the ass. Hardest boss in the game, for me.

KH2FM+ Critical Mode, though...:kittyhug:

Lex

Administrator
i would get the ps4 version for kh2 alone :sadpanda:

Hito, I got it from Argos of all places for £15. Reserved online then went to a local store to pay at the machine and collect. Almost zero human interaction (other than "order number 239!", "ooh, that was fast, I only just printed the receipt from the machine", "we try :)"), it was glorious. I never buy shit from Argos, but if I find gaming deals that's where I'll be going from now on haha.

Just started Hollow Bastion. I'll probably finish the game today, I'm undecided on whether or not I'm doing extra stuff. I'm just aware that when I move on I won't want to come back to this game for a long long time, so if I want to do my usual completionist stuff it'll have to be now. But better gameplay is too enticing XD.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have not bought a japanese game in english since ffiii on the ds, which i only bought in english because i had a friend who had it and i was going to do mognet with them and then she sold her copy before i got mine and i swore i would never buy another japanese game in english

also i'm a super weeb

Top Bottom