Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 announced

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
logo_blackb9uay.jpg

It's been officially announced today at D23 Expo although without a release date (apart from saying 'next year'). :P
Confirmed to be exclusive to PS3.

As was hinted by the 1.5 credits, the games are KH2 Final Mix, Birth by Sleep Final Mix and cutscenes of re: coded.

Source: http://www.khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-Hearts-HD-2-5-ReMIX-Announced-at-D23-Expo-Japan-3313
http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/181871-d23-expo-japan-coverage-12.html#post6086602

Edit: Trailer!

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
i thought there already had been official confirmation on this.

But yay, I guess. :)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
i thought there already had been official confirmation on this.

They hinted at it in interviews and such and I think Nomura at one time flat out stated he was working on the next one, but they never made it "press conference official" until now.

Now only KH3D is left (I'm putting my money on a standalone HD release. Those saying it's 'too recent' should take a look at RE Revelations and Castlevania LOS: Mirror of Fate :P)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
It was inevitable. It's a good thing I planned to still use my PS3 once I get a PS4.

Lex

Administrator
If there is an announcement about anything worth mentioning that isn't related to FFXIII, Tets will always beat you. It's one of those things I learned the hard way from the X/X-2 HD and PS4 threads.

I recall knowing that Sony updated their playstation channels with new videos at exactly 9pm and popping on at 9:05pm to discover that Tets had ALREADY posted it here >_>

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
:bigawesomonster:

It's funny, last night I actually dreamt about seeing the announcement and then posting about it on here. :wacky:

I like being the bearer of good news. :lol:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Bonus points if there had been a dive to the heart :P

mPgT5oz.gif

Seems like Terra has worked out a bit for the HD version.

Lex

Administrator
Really excited for a HD version of BBS.

I should really go play 1.5 at some point. I'm generating such a gaming backlog it's actually frightening.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
...I might have squealed then yelled "OMG IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL" at the video and frightened my parents a little.

I am bouncing like a child at Christmas on my bed here!!!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
neeeeews:

- being worked on by the osaka team like 1.5, but since the hd system is already done it's progressing a lot smoother than 1.5
- not ready to announce the release date but it's in sight
- this time they won't be changing the way things work like with 1.5, but there's a lot to do
- re:coded isn't that long compared with 358/2 days, and most of the main story was already in video form, so they've put the events from the disney world into video scenes. this means they had to add new voices, and last week were recording the voices for wonderland
- they've also added battle scenes, and a small amount of new story
- this will be a scene linking re:coded to 3d (wasn't that in the original?)
- the hd remasters have the significance of bringing together the story leading up to kh3, but it doesn't feel fair to have just one title that isn't in hd, and since kh3d is an important part of the story when talking about kh3 it's something they've got to consider

Top Bottom