Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX - Looking Simpler and Cleaner Than Ever

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So I made it out of Wonderland and I am now in the Deep Jungle. I need more time to play. -_-

Lex

Administrator
I've done Wonderland, the Coliseum and am now in Deep Jungle. I haven't had time to play since the weekend and I probably won't for another while ;-;

But it's been fun anyway. I can't complain really, it's an awesome game and it's in HD and there's a tonne of shit I haven't seen before so, yeah.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm in Agrabah at the moment.

Other than some of the Heartless being different colors, some of the songs being remixed, and that scene where
Maleficent finds Riku in Hollow Bastion
I haven't seen much that was not in the original.

But the widescreen HD graphics are quite lovely.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I wonder if I should go back to Final Mix and do my Standard playthrough...

I'm still not burnt out on KH. :lol:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So I was burnt out on KH. ( :awesome: )

But today I finally completed the third playthrough on standard difficulty.

Managed to come in just under fifteen hours despite not really doing a speedrun (aside from skipping cutscenes and 100 Acre Wood + Atlantica) and even spending about two hours on Destiny Islands to level up to 20. Of course I've earned the speedrun trophy from the Beginner playthrough already. :P

So only two trophies left now. Basically completing all gummi ship missions is the last thing for me to do in KHFM. :awesomonster:

Last edited:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
The gummi missions can be a pain in the ass, took me forever to do 1 or 2 of them. also finding Blue prints, for some reason I couldn't get the Leviathan blueprint to drop for me, I spent a good few days grinding for it.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Well hello everyone.. I know this topic hasn't been posted in in a few years but I'm going to bump it for today. I finally got a copy of this game ... I know I know, I'm late to the party... really late. I didn't have the money for a PS3 when it came out... and I only got one recently from someone at work :monster:

So I got this game and I'm really loving playing through everything again. Camera is a pain in the ass but what can you do? The new heartless are awesome too and I feel like the upped the rate at which rare heartless appear. I'm having no trouble finding the new ones like the pot scorpion (Whom I've yet to still beat), sniper wilds and that giant Pink mushroom thing.

but one thing I'm a little confused about. I don't remember this being an issue on plain KH, but I built a gummi ship out of the best parts I have which are all "reduces damage by a lot" pieces. I also have the best engine and a bunch of cannons and what not... and of course a shield. The problem is, as soon as my shield is gone, my ship will only take damage two times before it's destroyed. The one that comes with the game though, could get hit like 5 times or so.

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or answers to this. :sigh:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I have to admit I never tinkered with the gummi ships other than putting on an extra cannon near the end of the game to shoot meteors. :P

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
okay this black ballade is really pissing me off. I've been at it for a while now and not one single lightning stone. I know everyone says to use pause, but I do, but at one point they always all jumble up and i lose track of the one I was following.

what a stupid enemy.

anyone else have any tips besides the pause thing? (BTW how many lightning stones do I need for synthesis?)

Last edited:

RedFFWolf

Donator
Can't be any help with the Gummi Ships, unfortunately - I did everything to fill and fulfill Jiminy's Journal, but I never so much as added a new block to my Gummi Ship :monster: - I think in KHII I attempted one Gummi Mission once (ever)

Black Ballade brings back some painful memories - I remember getting lucky the very first time by getting a round right without mistake (but not again for a bit afterwards).

The pause and unpause trick works well if you're willing to do it an obscene amount of times towards the end when it gets really fast. If you can, trace your finger over the screen on the one you're trying to follow, keeping logic in mind as to which way it could have darted/faced afterwards (even though this is practically redundant considering how fast it moves/jerks towards the end). Stay far away enough too so as to get a good view of them all. What I can't remember is whether going into 1st-person view was more of a benefit or a detriment (I think 1st-person view is better IF you can land yourself into the right position, while being careful to avoid Goofy standing in the way :D)

A consolation is, if I'm not mistaken, you can get more than one lightning stone per completed round against the Black Ballade. Waiting until you have as many Lucky Lucky / Lucky Strike as you can get before attempting it would help reduce the amount of times needed to fight it.

From what I see from different sources, 5 Lightning Stones in total are required in total.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
5 in total?... okay well I managed to snag 3 last night cause one was really nice to me and gave me two even though I only got it right twice. So maybe this won't be so bad afterall...

I thought I had to get it right 4 times to get the stone, but I see now that getting it right just once I have a chance to get it. That helps. Also personally I found first person view not helpful at all.... they always fly out of my view.... little bastards :sigh:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I don't know how I did it. Pausing didn't really help imo I think I just eventually went into bullet time mode after a lot of trial and error :wacky:

...I still haven't done that one final trophy I have left in KH1 :wacky:
I should try and platinum these suckers before 2.8 and 3 come out or something :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I got 3 the other night, not too shabby. One of them was really nice and gave me two :)

Also last night I had an embarrassing go at a Fury Stone. I got all ready to summon Dumbo as there was only one normal shadow left, but somehow it managed to kill Donald and Goofy managed to kill it at about the same time. So the big ones showed up and I couldn't summon, so I just began dodge rolling around trying to avoid them... then Goofy died so I said screw it and tried to use strike raid. It didn't go very well and I got hit at least twice but they dropped one anyway. I think they felt bad for me :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
So I'm curious, has anyone else ever wailed on a pink agaricus only to realized they hadn't cast stop yet? :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Almost five years after I earned my last trophy I went back to complete all the Gummi missions for the platinum.

Some of them were a real pain in the ass but I'm finally 100% done with KH Final Mix. :D
...I don't think I'll manage to platinum the others before KH3 comes out as was the original plan. Should've started earlier :wacky:

Top Bottom