• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Kingdom Hearts III

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
am i just thick or is luxord the most difficult limit cut boss

i have tried over half a dozen times, more than any other, and unlike the rest i can’t just cheese my way through this being overpowered and i have to use actual. urgh. skill.

this is the last one of the starting lot i have left and i have only gotten close to beating him one time

cid why did you do this to me

i do like the little shimmy he does when he hides behind cards, can we get more luxord and not just in a mobile spinoff

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
In the final part of the Luxord fight when he hides in the cards, the aim of the game is to constantly eliminate the potential cards he hides in using Triangle and avoiding damage.

However, you are on a time limit. The circle of cards that surround you, which Luxord hides in, gets smaller and smaller, both from you eliminating cards he's hiding in, and him eliminating cards to surround you.

Your goal is to consecutively find Luxord in cards with Triangle at least 5 times in a row while not dying, losing all time, or letting the circle get so small, Luxord declares victory.

The best way to do this is to use the time-slowdown that happens when you shotlock. This allows you to circle the camera in slow-motion and see where he's hiding.

In the final part when he actively begins to attack you from cards, keep moving and be precise where you hit triangle to eliminate him before you take damage, and prevent you from hitting triangle on the wrong card. If you do it right enough times, he'll concede, be open to a combo, and usually you'll finish the match from there. If you don't, then basically ALL his games become harder. The magic game that usually required you to use Thunder to eliminate his cards, will require fire. The circle of cards that surround Luxord, which require you to hit the card with O behind it, will be far wider.

So yeah. Try to eliminate him during his Limit Break move or shortly thereafter. This fight took me the most time to beat too. I don't know why but it fucked me up.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i saw one of the tips when you lose saying to hit the big red cards with the same element shown on the cards and i just realised that’s what you were meant to do there

also i am trying again and when he hides in the cards on the ground i have managed to only get one card on the ground

hoping i win this time

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
now give me tips for xion because that’s the last one i need to do

i got both death stranding and ffxv on the same day the other week so i want to get on with playing those asap

disregard that i beat xion. also i wish they’d make more games with this stylised kind of graphics rather than hyper real ones, it looks cute

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
*Sigh* I wish all of the KH3 play arts weren't so expensive. Otherwise I would've gotten Sora, Kairi, King Mickey, Lea/Axel, and Aqua by now, and then get Xion, Roxas and Ven.

On the side note, I've been meaning to ask about a certain level in the Caribbean for a while now.

How on Earth can Sora, Donald and Goofy breathe underwater and talk without turning into their Atlantica forms when they reach the treasure chest with the Heartless? Unless it was Donald who used his magic to make it possible as they locate the Leviathan.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Not to be melodramatic, but LOL boy oh boy.

If this were a more serious, real-life relevant topic, what Nomura is doing right there? Right fucking there?

That's simply gas-lighting. :monster:

Obviously, it's not a literal, 1:1 remaking of Versus XIII. That's apparent in the fact that Yozora is not Noctis.

But the similarities are undeniable. They are not "completely different." If they are completely different, why is Verum Rex almost exactly mimicking a Versus XIII trailer from the past? Why does the musical leitmotif from the Yozora Secret Ending sound extremely similar to "Somnus" from Versus XIII? Why does Yozora's name share similarities with Noctis? Why do Yozora and Noctis look similar? Nomura does not acknowledge or speak to what is obviously being referenced in that question.

Instead he tells readers not believe their lying eyes since they're completely different :awesomonster:

I mean. It's pretty obvious to anyone with two eyes, two ears, knowledge of the subject and common sense, that there is a very clear and obvious reference and similarity to Versus XIII here. Nomura can make that reference null by essentially taking it nowhere in the future, but in the present now, it exists. That's such a bizarre answer to give.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'm not even against the idea of redoing Versus XIII as a stand alone property. Lord knows it looked more interesting than what we got. Having it tied to KH is iffy, but still. It's so obvious that's what's happening, why deny it?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I have no idea why he's denying it. It makes absolutely no sense, and almost like, insults the viewer's intelligence!

I have mixed feelings on the subject. On one hand, Yozora was one of the best secret boss fights in Kingdom Hearts history. His character is intriguing and captivating, partially because of said connection to Versus XIII. His world is gorgeous, interesting, and nostalgic with it's blending of Shibuya from TWEWY and Insomnia from Versus XIII. However, how such a connection to a work so wildly different from Kingdom Hearts can reasonably and successfully exist, is a question I can't ignore. And it simply seems clumsy and a manifestation of a bizarre fixation on a scrapped concept that's now almost 15 years old.

But 20 years ago, if you had asked me if Square Enix and Disney would be able to make a successful franchise that would engross and entertain me, I'd have called you crazy and to quit pulling my leg. So, stranger things have happened :monster:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'm open to KH radically changing from here on. KH3 proved to me that the Disney worlds formula was completely drained of any potential, and was just clinging on as series tradition. If Disney is just holding the series back, I'd rather see what Nomura can come up with without them. Even if it is just a re:do of Versus XIII.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Seeing as Kingdom Hearts' IP is owned by Disney however, I find such radical change highly unlikely to be possible. Square Enix can't take Kingdom Hearts in a different direction from Disney because it belongs to Disney :monster:

So yeah, the Square-Enix writers trying to take the series in a Versus XIII direction is going to run straight up against the will and desires of Disney. I don't see Square winning that fight.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Is it? I knew Sora himself was owned by Disney, but I didn't know the whole series was. Yeah, that's definitely a problem then. Maybe it'll be "Verum Rex: featuring Sora from the Kingdom Hearts™ series" rather than a proper installment in the kingdom hearts series.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Are y'all high on mako or something

I mean Nomura acknowledges the obvious VsXIII references but says the story of Yozora is very much not gonna be that. What exactly is he denying that isn't obvious?

Nomura: You wouldn’t be the first to think so, right now there’s a lot of speculation about that because of the clear resemblance to what was shown of “VERSUS.” However, the two are actually very different and I think where Yozora’s story will lead will be unexpected. So, why did “VERUM REX” appear in KHIII? None of this makes sense, but I hope to clear it all up as soon as possible.
https://www.khinsider.com/news/Nomu...s-in-final-issue-of-Dengeki-Playstation-16777

Also I swear with every secret ending to a main KH game people have theorized the series is gonna go into a darker and less Disney-focused direction but in the end you'll just get more jolly Disney multiverse adventures

Last edited:
Top Bottom