• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory [PS4/XB1/Switch]

Lex

Administrator
I've just played it on PS4. I might try it out on Switch. I SSS'd almost every song on the hardest difficulty in Theatrhythm but this is causing me problems for some reason haha. Like I've cleared everything on standard but the timing feels so strange. All in all so far it's just making me want to boot up Theatrhythm on my 3DS lol.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
playing the switch demo made me want to boot up theatrythum again, ever i also suck but i still enjoy it

i am glad they had wave of darkness in the demo, that track is a banger

gonna try the ps4 demo at some point to see if i prefer one over the other

Lex

Administrator
I played it again today and got better at it. I think I'll probably end up picking it up, but I just... dunno if I'll like it all that much. It's Theatrhythm without the option of a stylus (forced button mode), and I vastly preferred playing with touchscreen/ stylus. I even had Theatrhythm on iOS back when I had an iPhone.

I mean, this game is designed around buttons so in theory it should be fine but it's just not as satisfying.

Tbh I wish they'd just port the All Star Carnival arcade thing to consoles and let me use the PS4/ PS5 touchpad. At the very least give me a switch port of an upgraded curtain call, then maybe a game will finally make use of the fact that it has a goddamn touchscreen lmao. It's a win win because you can touchscreen in portable and button mode when the switch is docked.

Do it you cowards

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
So the demo has been datamined of course, but this time they stripped out everything that isn't needed. So there's absolutely no spoilers to come out in the next month. Hope that puts some minds at ease :)

Also for the curious, it was made with Unity engine rather than unreal. The same one that was used for Mobius, Gbike and FFIX.

If anyone wants to see what's in the mine, have a look at Vlad's tweets:
https://twitter.com/Vladabdf

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i am missing the stylus controls tbh. i wasn't great at the game on higher difficulties but i did manage to get some sss ranks, but not with the buttons

also curtain call with all the dlc tracks for the switch you cowards, you absolute sinners

Lex

Administrator
Did the songs on Proud. The last one not very well, but at least I cleared it.

Then I spent the whole of today playing Theatrhythm on my 3DS :monster:

I tried emulating it on PC and while it works pretty well, using the mouse as the touchpad made the arrow swipes annoying so it's fine in button mode with a dualshock 4 but I ended up just digging out my 3DS again - nothing beats the stylus. Started a new file and everything, I'm about to be consumed again. Man we need it on Switch so bad.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I heard that she and King Mickey are both guest characters to play as, and apparently unlike Sora(which is unfair as I was hoping to see KHII Sora playable), the King can change outfits via player's choice.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I can't with those MoM spoilers.. lol

Nomura keeps on giving

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
From what I'm understanding after watching the first Japanese gameplay earlier on youtube(not giving out any spoilers just yet), I don't think this game will lead directly into KH4. I have a feeling that another spin-off set before the next main title might be in the works.

I could be wrong, but you never know.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I had a quick look on youtube,
there aren't many boss battles. There's only 4, Ansem, Xemnas, Maleficent and Xehanort. There's also
an old style model of KHIII Sora too.

Only 4? I would've thought we'd be facing Captain Hook and whatnot or something. Also, pre-KH3 style of KH3 Sora and no KH2 style of Sora? Typical, and that was my favorite, with his current outfit being my second.

There's also only about 25 minutes of cutscenes. You're free to take which ever team you want, too.

I had a feeling the story itself would be short, half an hour tops. So my guess was pretty close. Maybe the next KH game will
have Kairi actually have a gameplay and better role than in this game.

Top Bottom