Kingdom Hearts

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I'm actually more excited for the new KH games than most other upcoming Square games right now. I just hope they get working on a KH3 sometime soon :(

I just got the PS2 version of CoM, so I can finally actually make sense of the story without having to refer back to summaries.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=144.msg2491#msg2491 date=1229555778]
And this is...like 100 years before right? Or am I making that up?
[/quote]
I haven't followed that game, but it's 10 years I think. You see little Sora and Riku in one of the videos.

That you have to press more than just circle and the occasional triangle seems interesting. Even if it is just a different combinations of those. But if they use square and X, will you not be able to defend like the other games?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
And this is...like 100 years before right? Or am I making that up?
[/quote]

Remove a zero and you're about right.:monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Really? I seemed to remember hearing that KHII's "secret" ending, took place a really long time ago. Hence the drastically different looks.

But I suppose KH can explain away any look as another world.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Action commands! :D (or whatever they were called)

I only hope that they treat magic the way it was in KH and NOT the way it was in KHII.

haichinamie

Banned
I haven't really been following these new games since the KH storyline just about bored me to tears come KH2. And Terra has a very uninteresting character design tbqh. But the battle system looks interesting enough.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Well, I finally played through Kingdom Hearts! It took quite a while, with long pauses, but then I got into the game play and found it hard to stop. :) I think the game has a good system for play - whatever that's appropriately called - battle system or what-have-you; I rated it about an 8 on a 1-10 scale (10 being great, excellent, no better possible.) I didn't like the story though, as I found that hard to follow. I get the general gist of the game, but there are some details that just - eh. And since I didn't have 'Final Mix' I was a bit disappointed when after defeating Sephiroth, he just up and vanishes in a shine of light instead of meets up with Cloud. :( The music was excellent, that much is sure; though, I'm not sure about Simple and Clean. *shrugs* Oh, and some of the worlds were better than others - I for one loved Traverse Town, Wonderland, Halloween Town, Hollow Bastion, and End of the World (pre boss(es?) ending).

... Now I'm progressing through Kingdom Hearts II. Once again, I have no clue as to where the storyline is going and honestly have no clue as to why I should care (as both a player and as Sora.) Though, the end of the prologue as well as leaving Twilight Town was very emotional. I cried a lot. :P

OWA-2

Pro Adventurer
I'm surprised there aren't any topics about this yet[/quote]

Well, this is the FF section of the forums... And KH is not part of the FF series, so... I'm not that surprised.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's... a very debatable issue, now you mention it :monster:. We've stated that the FF section is for FF games only, and other (non-FF, even those from SE itself) should go into the general section. However, KH is (imho) half an FF game, hence the debatableness~ism-ish-like.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Wow, Terra looks like a really funked up Samurai... It bothers me a little. :/ (That is Terra, right?)

He looks like Zack though, so all is forgiven. :monster:

Anyways, I'm not really excited for the newer games. There's someone identical to Roxas (Ven, I believe?) and then a mysterious number 14 orgy member that is pretty much a character that was grabbed from a horribly written fanfiction.

I'm not sure I'll waste money on the new games, but hey, I may be pleasantly surprised after I mooch off of my friends. :D

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
You know, everyone says that about Xion, the new 14th Org member who's friends with Roxas and Axel, but I wonder if they'd give her that much flack if she was a boy? :monster:

Because when another keyblade wielder showed up who was connected to Sora and the others (i.e. Roxas) no one really complained at all. They were actually pretty excited over him.

It just really perplexes me.

Cat Rage Room

Great Old One
AKA
Mog
Kingdom Hearts got really convoluted and weird somewhere between Chain of Memories and the end of KKII. I like it better when it was just Final Fantasy characters with Mickey Mouse.

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Personally, I'm liking Kingdom Hearts (the first one) more so than Kingdom Hearts II; ugh, after I get used to the whole idea, now they change 'familiar' scenery and worlds!?

*sigh* That plus the complex storyline is not good, to or for me.

Okay, still game play is kind of fun. :)

Here's a KHII inspired fanart comic I thought I'd share. It's funny, to me; and it was even before I knew anything (except name) about Kingdom Hearts II! Even before I played through the first game.

So, for your entertainment and enjoyment: http://noiry.deviantart.com/art/Organization-XIII-bedtime-42488287

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I like KH1 better myself. KH2 was a good game, but I think they tried too hard with it, and ultimately messed some of the points of KH1. KH1 was more enjoyable, more fun. KH2 seemed to try to be too dark when it was clearly a more cartoonish (but in a good way) type of game.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
At some point in KH2, I just gave up trying to follow the story. It just became unnecessarily jumbled and vague. This maybe because I haven't played CoM as well...

I always felt KH1 offered way more of a challeneg compared to KH2. I've only played the hard mode of KH2, and I don't even want to know what normal mode is like. The game was just painfully easy, with the only challabge being doing all the minigames and whatnot.

Still, I can't play KH1 for too long, the camera angles make me a bit dizzy :monster: I never had that problem with KH2.

I kind of prefer KH1, as well. KH2 was still fun and it did seem more polished in some respects, IMO, but it was a lot easier and the worlds were way more linear - I really hope they bring back the exploration aspect for KH3 or whatever.

I liked CoM a lot, though; I think it has the strongest story of the series so far, even though it was really just a set up for KH2.

Countess Ariadne

Pro Adventurer
I like the series, even if I don't take the storyline very seriously any more.

As far as the battle system goes, my favorite was the first one. It was somewhat challenging, which I enjoyed, even though I hated when my Cure/Cura/Curaga wouldn't finish and I would just die.

Kingdom Hearts II's system was just way too easy. I played it on normal, and was on knocked out once, and Mickey ended up saving me that time. Wtf.

Chain of Memories... I could handle it, but I wasn't very fond of it. Did anyone else think the PS2 version is harder than the GBA one?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
About gameplay, I agree - I am on the normal setting for Kingdom Hearts II and it's pretty easy. In the first game I had more of a challenge; and, that's saying a lot for me, because I do not play games much... Also, I don't like the idea of the 'reaction commands'. It's neat in some ways, but over all it just seems - pointless. At least one point to leveling up was the addition of more abilities; while that's true with KHII, it's not so important. *shrugs* I'm not sure how to say it.

I'm on my second visit to each world with this my first playthrough of KHII. I am finding the gummi ship battles more fun than the actual story! :P ;D I've finished Port Royal and am about to head to the Collesuem for the second time (story-wise). One thing I've found a bit more intriguing is the storyline appearances of Sephiroth (though I know he's an optional boss). I thought that was a bit more suspenseful than just fighting him in an unknown arena battle.

... Definitely I like the first game to the second; I'm not sure if I'm going to touch Chain of Memories. I am not thrilled with this series. I don't hate it, I'm just not thrilled with much of it to say I am really enjoying it. Though, as always, music is top notch - I love the different songs to the worlds and space and such. :) One thing: I wish they would have included Alice in Wonderland again, as that was one of my favorite worlds in the first game.

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
I think the first one was better in design. It has bigger worlds, and it was much more difficult.

But storywise, I liked KH2 better. I followed the story pretty well actually. There were some things left unanswered, and I think a good bit of it will be answered in Birth by Sleep.

CloudsLadyLove

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Love this series to death. It was actually what got me into final fantasy to begin with. (Sad I know)

KH1 was more of a challenge than Kh2. I just wish you could take the camera from 2 and put in 1, the camera made me dizzy as hell.

Com and re:com was alright. To answer someones question above yes com re: is a little tougher than the original. I never had problems with the boss's in the original but in re: I find myself having to level up and reform my deck quite often. I love it thou.

Kh2 omg Roxas fan girl moment. I love his story and balled like a baby when Sora woke up. The reaction commands were a little lame but made it easier. I really enjoyed the auto reload of potions, hi potions, ect. Made it easier than in the first.

Kh3 is probably way far off. And hopefully I will have a ps3 by then.

Kingdom hearts 358/2 Days looks good. Course I love Roxas and Axel so I could be bias. hehe. Playing as organization members should be fun.

I have played threw these games more times than I wanna admit. At the moment I am taking the level 99 challenge on Destiny Island. Got Sora to level 20 but still am a long ways off. :D

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Yeah, the issue with KH2 does seem to be that they were working off KH:CoM and didn't bring in the gamers who weren't in the loop about that. Some of us just didn't get the game and were thrown for a loop when we learned all the crazy shit that was happening.

Top Bottom