• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

"Kupocon" FF Convention! (2017?)

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I've always been in a mood to travel. Does that mean I'm always in a life crisis? :monster:

Also that third UK event is in Birmingham, as the voters have decided.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Life is crisis! See whatcha can!!

Ahem... my quarterlife has extended into my 30s apparently.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
When is the third event? I can only afford to go to the UK so many times!

...that said, still need to actually stash some cash to make PMP happen.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
TBF I'd contain everyone's enthusiasm a bit and, you know, not try and attend all of the events. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
^ It's precisely why I'm iffy about going to Vancouver, but I also know a lot more people are going to that one than Pomtario (still going to enjoy the latter, though!). Brum is still only a train ride away and will only have to take like one/two days off work, so that's not an issue.

However, if there was an event going in Murica, I'd probably consider that more than Vancouver.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
TBF I'd contain everyone's enthusiasm a bit and, you know, not try and attend all of the events. :monster:

Tell that to Red, he keeps going to every event! :awesome:

Srs though if I could do it I would probably attend most of the events. I mean if I had the means to travel multiple times a year I would, so hitting up an FF convention each time would be fun, but I'm sure there'd be times where I'd just wanna miss one here and there.

I'm really excited about Pomingham even more now, my new job might not be a huge increase in money but it'll be enough for me to take the trip for sure and that's like...... eeeeeeeee <3

RedFFWolf

Donator
Tell that to Red, he keeps going to every event! :awesome:

Well, I have to take care of certain things
I'm kinda second-in-command of the oul' shindig. And by kinda I mean I am.
:monstersmash:

For real, though, you can go once and end up taking part in more activities than I will in my entire service at KupoCon.

Srs though if I could do it I would probably attend most of the events. I mean if I had the means to travel multiple times a year I would, so hitting up an FF convention each time would be fun, but I'm sure there'd be times where I'd just wanna miss one here and there.

I'm really excited about Pomingham even more now, my new job might not be a huge increase in money but it'll be enough for me to take the trip for sure and that's like...... eeeeeeeee <3

Great to hear there's nothing stopping you :)
I can't recall if I've asked or not yet, but have you booked flights or looked into it yet?

I'll be live streaming on Aug 12, Saturday, with Azzavhar.
Basically, a wee chat/interview with me.

If you can bear to tolerate my hideous voice, please do drop in :)
But the first person to start asking the difficult questions, though, I swear to God...

Nah, for real, make it difficult if you wanna :P - gotta make this humorous in some way, ha. Like, this won't be KupoCon-related only. I can sense it :lol:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
All I can say is that with all the effort we Amerigos are going through, I better see some Euros if/when there's an American KC :shifty:

Ite

AKA
Ite
As someone who dances across the Canada/US border a lot, I know this to be very true. On the way down it's all x-rays, german shepards, and military uniforms. Coming up it's a guy in a Decemberists T-shirt asking your opinion on the weather.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I've only been frisked maybe... once, in American airports, and that was going to and from different countries. Luckily I haven't had many bad experiences in airports. I'm struggling to recall any. Mostly there was just frustration from late flights or extended layovers. Or when all the fucking outlets were being used and I couldn't charge my shit.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah, the worst experience I ever had in an airport was some guy being a total dick because I accidentally left a bottle of water in my carry on.

It's been okay for the most part.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
when all the fucking outlets were being used and I couldn't charge my shit.
first world problems are the most irritating fucking problems in the world I HATE THIS SO MUCH AND I REALIZE IT'S NOT ENTIRELY RATIONAL

just annoys the shit out of me. like budge up, dude, there's other people needing to use this shit, too

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Well guys, as it stands, the Vancouver KupoCon is looking like it won't be financially possible. I'm still searching for a full-time job, and because I'm no longer in school I'm not receiving the benefits that help to pay my bills. My current job is giving more more hours, but it's not enough to be able to pay bills and set aside money for the trip, especially when I have a con in October that I'll be going to for the weekend... I just don't see how it's going to be possible to save up enough right now for a con all the way across the U.S. up in Canada.

I'm hoping to make Vancouver, but Pomtario has cost me an arm and a leg so far. :monster:

If two of some of my favourite people can't go... well.. I just won't stand for it.

You guys are lovely human beings and I'm privileged to know you, but we'll just have to see. I've planning all these trips left and right for the past few years, but my husband and I have never actually taken a vacation for ourselves, you know? And I can tell it's on his mind every time I plan one of these things.

Idk, we'll see. I've applied for a few more jobs recently, so hopefully something comes through.

I'm dragging Mr Channy along for this and he's not the keenest but he's going. We'll do other stuff on the trip too though.. but bring Mr Lith! Maybe they can hang. I know Mr Channy wanted to go to the giant Science Sphere and Aquarium... err.. Mr Lith likes learning.... right? :wacky:

However, if there was an event going in Murica, I'd probably consider that more than Vancouver.

But I'm in Vancouver :sadpanda:

I would like to point out that going off both your currency converters, things are typically cheaper in Canada. It's still only 80c on the US dollar right now, and what.. worth half of a GBP? :wacky: Flights INTO Canada may be expensive but if you were to keep it inhouse or to go to US, and then hop the train from Seattle to Van (with Flare as your guide :monster: ) it's also a cheaper option.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I recommended that very thing to Lith, that is, flying into Seattle and riding the train up because I'll be taking the train to Vancouver. Heck I'd come down to Seattle on it first and meet anyone/everyone at the train station down there if they wanted. :monster: Then we could ride the train up to Canada together and that should definitely be cheaper than flying into Vancouver/Canada itself.

Red said:
I can't recall if I've asked or not yet, but have you booked flights or looked into it yet?

I've not booked anything, and I likely won't until October or so. :monster: I still need to figure out what I'm actually gonna do in England, as I want to be there for 10 nights if possible. It's likely I'll be by myself because most people will only be there for the weekend (unless people stay longer and wanna visit while I'm still in town, it's probably gonna be a rare thing folks, who knows when you'll see me again <3 XD)

Ite

AKA
Ite
I flew out of Seattle to go to The Big Pom, it cost me peanuts. (I also fly out of SEA-TAC whenever I fly internationally, whether it's the US or Europe.)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I was actually looking into that last week, Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver and back is around $82 (coach seat). Ideally I'd like to spend a day (two nights) in Seattle exploring since is one of the cities I'd most like to visit and then heading up to Vancouver the day after.

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Exactly, whereas I'm sure if you were to fly direct into Vancouver, the difference would cost more than double that (i.e. vs trip to Seattle + round trip via train).. plus you'd get to have more pre-Pom shenanigans which would make me hella jealous but I'm thinking of others for once. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
If we do this train thing, I'm going to literally be glued to the window the entire time.

stuck-on-glass.jpg

Ite

AKA
Ite
There's also the Bolt Bus, which is faster and costs $20-40

Top Bottom