• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

KupoCon: Pomtroplis (Vancouver April 21st,2018)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Thought it could use its own thread since new information came out in the newest podcast.

- As you see in the title the name for KupoCon Vancouver is Pomtropolis.

- Is going to be held at the Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront. I've seen pictures and it's beautiful and the evening is in a different venue in the hotel that's fucking gorgeous.

- Tickets are (Canadian dollars): Titan - $59, Odin - $99, Leviathan - $149 and KotR $199.

- Tickets go on sale on September 14 at 10AM PST.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Great venue pick! It's also a 25 min walk from my apartment buuut Vancouver takes the "April Showers" thing to a whole new level, so thank goodness I have a bus pass.

It's gonna be so awesome having an FF party in my town! And I've never seen the Pinnacle beyond the lobby, but it looks swanky so far!

Needless to say I will be going! Deciding between the Leviathan and KotR level of ticket. I wonder if I'll be able to upgrade after the loot is announced...?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'll probably do an Odin ticket, I think that'll suit me fine. :D
Pleasantly surprised by the hotel rates, like hot damn, if a few of us are willing to share a room then that's like pennies we'd be paying. :awesome: And yeah that venue looks and sounds sa-weeeeeet. Overlooking water! Uwaaaah <3

The exchange rate will be great because in Feb I'm going somewhere that has money worth more than mine but then April it'll be the opposite :wacky: I guess it balances out!

Glad you'll be there too Ite, woop woop <3 :glomp:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I will be joining in with the fun! And so will hubby!

Not sure which ticket we're gonna get, yet.

We're gonna do a week of vacay. I'm so looking forward to this!

Ite

AKA
Ite
For a possible TLS meetup bar, I recommend the Storm Crow Alehouse on Broadway, which is full of nerd memorabilia including FF stuff. Channy and I went there it was pretty coo. I'll also make sure I'm free to meet up with TLSers the week before the event ^_^

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'm definitely down for sharing bodies rooms like Flare said, just not a bed. :awesome:

Guess I'm going to have to save even more money up for this now!

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Since the hubby and I will be doing a week of vacay, we'll be getting separate accommodations.

Storm Crow Alehouse, eh? Sounds fab! Count me and the hubby in!

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
For a possible TLS meetup bar, I recommend the Storm Crow Alehouse on Broadway, which is full of nerd memorabilia including FF stuff. Channy and I went there it was pretty coo. I'll also make sure I'm free to meet up with TLSers the week before the event ^_^

But I thought that was OUR place, Ite. :O :(

jk It's definitely a really neat place with good food. I'd be down for going there pre-pom meet.

Me and Mr Channy will also be going to Van for a fair few days, haven't decided what... it's the event is on friday we might do a Weds-Mon/Tues type deal. We both have family down there so we'll be saving a few bucks staying with them, but for the actual night of the event, we've decided to stay in the hotel.

After talking at length with Mr Channy and Alan (and his NEVER ENDING GENEROSITY) Mr Channy's gonna skip the main event but come for the evening one. He's a fairly social individual but when I told him the timeline he was like "that's too much nerd for me". :monster:

Since we'll be driving down, if people are staying longer and depending on what all want do outside the event I can totally chauffeur around to some of the other cities to do shit. City driving doesn't bother me none.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Omg a big TLS IKEA trip would be pretty hilarious. But who would buy anything? I doubt their shipping policy is that good.

@ Channy: our place is in mah heyurt.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I just realized the KupoCast video that talks all about it isn't in this thread, so for reference (in case anyone wants to refer back to it I guess?), here it is :monster:

I've never been to IKEA either

RedFFWolf

Donator
I just wanna say I appreciate that people make these threads before me :D - Makes me feel like I have more to offer on TLS lately than just KupoCon :lol: (even if it's just to make significantly more trivial posts on super trivial stuff).

Looks like there's gonna be a pretty big TLS presence for this one. I sure hope to see many of you, faces old and new!

Ite

AKA
Ite
I think I might get a booth for this one, maybe get some of my friends who are coming to watch it while I run around with you lot. I've got my D&D thing, the Jenova Project and a couple of things people might want to get copies of, but not sure if it justifies a whole booth. (My latest brain stew: TriPom strategy guide.)

If anyone would want to sell their stuff and maybe take a shift at the booth, we could make a collective? Flare, maybe some prints of your digital art?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I mean if there was a collective booth (is that allowed? o.o) I would totally put some prints in there. I thought of a booth but I decided against it because I wanted to attend the event as a guest, not behind a booth and all. :D But if something like that could be worked out where we wouldn't be behind it much (if at all :wacky:) I'd possibly do it!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
If you do, make sure you (also) have a number of display pieces and order forms, so people won't miss out if there's not enough prints. And off course, advertise the hECK out of doing commissions.

I think it would be nice too if you could organize other TLS artists from selling / displaying their stuffs - I'm not sure how much there is, but maybe we can assemble either a physical picture / order book, or set up a portfolio website of sorts.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
If there's something I can do to help with this display, please let me know. I could help advertise or take turns at the booth or whatever. I'd be glad to help!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'd be happy to advertise the hell out of this on social media <3

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So tickets go on sale in 4 days so these are the people that are going so far:

- Ite

- Channy

- Dawn

- Flare

- Carlie (me)

- Alan

- Ami

- Tenny (?)

Is anyone else interested in going? Maybe on the fence? Any other Europeans?

7eGFo3I.gif

Also considering the interest in the Vancouver event we should prepare in case tickets sell out quickly.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'm sure Alan would help with purchasing of the tickets by reserving some or something, maybe. Not that it's an expectation f him or anything!! But it seems like he's had that up his sleeve on the last ones. Given that with timezones it might put some people off when tickets go on sale and all that.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I should be fine for nabbing a ticket, I'll be sure to remember the date and time this time and it'll happen while I'm awake, so not quite as huge as a scramble as the morning I bought my London ticket :wacky:
Also I'd be willing to nab a ticket or two for anyone else if they need me to (for timezones reasons maybe) and just wanna pay me back. Wish I'd done that for the London event, I got mine like two hours before they'd sold out.

Top Bottom