• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

KupoCon - Toronto, Dec 3, 2017

RedFFWolf

Donator
KupoCon Pomtario - Toronto, Dec 3 2017

I know it's early days still, but here's a good oul' thread to keep info about this event for anyone keen on going, and I figure it my duty to get in here about it before :watchingu: anyone else :watchingu:

In the spirit of TLS, here are my copy-pasted posts from KupoCon, because I figure one official and proper announcement is all I can be legitimately arsed to do at this very moment (I just wanna make you guys proud, I just wanna make you proud).

If you haven't seen the buzz sweeping your FB news feed or Twitter feed yet, you'll be pleased to know we have decided that two events this year simply isn't enough.​

KupoCon is coming to Toronto, Canada, Dec 3 - this year!!

What have we got planned? You'll have to wait and see! Expect the fun, opportunity and magnitude of TBP (and, the upcoming MTP) with new elements and more Final Fantasy than 15 main games combined could ever dream to present :D

Later in the spring, more details shall be revealed - from tickets to venue, from activities to what new witty name we have decided to call it.

While you're there, Distant Worlds, as part of FF's 30th Anniversary, will be paying a visit to a number of major cities, including Toronto on Dec 2. If you haven't been before, you're missing out. I've had one experience, which was no more than three weeks ago, and I can promise you you're in for a treat. You can purchase your Distant World tickets from Feb 17 here, while seats last. Hurry, as they're moving fast! Nobuo Uematsu himself will be in attendance!

(Post #2)
It's never too early to get started! If you want to be a part of making the latest addition to the KupoCon experience happen, get in touch with me - whether you want to volunteer, host a workshop, or sell/display your wares etc., we'd like to hear from you.

An official sign-up document for any of these aspects will be made public once more details have been released, but until then, if you can't wait to get stuck in, drop me a message :)

So... :awesome:
We're not releasing any major details as of yet, but I can tell you now we have some new things already lined up.

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
As it stands I am considering this. I'd love to go back to Toronto. ^_^

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Huehuehuehue that's a decent amount of time away..... maybe I can make plans.....mayyyybbeeeeee.... :awesome:

Red you make us proud. Come here for a huggle :awesome: i almost wrote a post about this earlier

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Realistically, I don't think I'll be able to make this one. TBP was my big convention/nerd thing for the year, and I have to start buckling down to pay down some bills and shit that have been hitting us hard.

I'm incredibly happy for all of the Canadians though! *looks at Channy* :watchingu:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Hmm, I'm intrigued. This isn't too far from me. The irony is that I will be in TO a few months prior, so it might be trouble to swing two trips in one year. Still, I would love to go to this!

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I won't be making it to this one unless I become independently wealthy in the next 10 months. TBP was my big trip and that was more than I can usually afford anyway. But I am stoked that a third one is underway and that a Canadian event is happening. This is becoming a real globe-trotting thing.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Huehuehuehue that's a decent amount of time away..... maybe I can make plans.....mayyyybbeeeeee.... :awesome:

Red you make us proud. Come here for a huggle :awesome: i almost wrote a post about this earlier

I mean proud specifically in the sense of showing I can also be somewhat not arsed in certain aspects.

But, whatever, have a huggle right back! ^_^

Toronto's fucking far though.

I wasn't asking you to come...

...but you can, if you want to.

raw

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^Hey, I just like to give out any excuse to give hugs :monster:

Which I will do to you one day in person anyway :reptar:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Lex

Administrator
I'll be going to Toronto some time this year (to visit fam), I'm considering making it around this time so I can also go to this. I was going to go at the end of summer though. For... you know... heat XD. But I like the cold. Interesting.

RedFFWolf

Donator
What part about 'West Coast' didn't you people understand?

:kermit:

Sure I thought Ontario was a city :monster:
Had I known what it was originally, I'd have christened the event "Pomtario" before it was said elsewhere.

But you'll still come, right? :D
I'll get ya two tickets, and we'll call it a wedding present from me to you, deal?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

Had I known what it was originally, I'd have christened the event "Pomtario" before it was said elsewhere.

I'll get ya two tickets, and we'll call it a wedding present from me to you, deal?

Don't tempt me you smarmy Irishman. :watchingu:

Srsly though.. really? That'd be awesome. <3 I'll have to run this by Mr Channy.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith

Srsly though.. really? That'd be awesome. <3 I'll have to run this by Mr Channy.

DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU :watchingu:

RedFFWolf

Donator
^Those gentle, affectionate bites like the ones dogs give are a-okay with me ^_^ - I know this isn't the point here, but I just want to say if anyone ever wants to bite my hand, make sure you are in fact a puppy (or, broadly speaking, similar), 'kay?

You are too awesome, Red.

(Aww, I really need a scratching-back-of-head-shy-grin kind of smiley for this).
I prefer to spend my money elsewhere on others, but If I can spare people extra effort and time, then I'll be really happy. Anything I can do for you guys on the day of MTP & Pomtario, let me know - I will practically be omnipresent.

Smarmy? IRISHMAN!? Deal's off!
Love heart made of <3? Deal's back on!

Do run it by Mr. Channy. Tickets won't be on sale until April 10, but I'll make sure to get ye some of the better ones. Really, really :)

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I am really hoping to go to this one as well, but it will depend on a few factors.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
You can also get cuddles from a certain Puerto Rican, I hear they're really good. :awesome:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I'm definitely interested; I was doing price estimates for the trip last week. :awesome: Bahamut would be the ideal ticket I think, but Ifrit works too. I know buying one sooner is better (I think I heard the Bahamut tickets numbered just over 100) but, I still don't have a decent job so I'm going to try and hold out til I get a new job, or just end up buying one before the early chocobo discount expires.
I mean I'd really like to attend, and the many months until the event makes me feel heaps more confident at being able to have adequate funds vs. the first two events of the year.

I just watched the KupoCast season 2 Type 0 episode last night, had extra internet space for it, and really liked what I was hearing. Sounds like it's going to be lots bigger than Mind the Pom!
Also I saw on FB that the KotR tickets have sold out already; awesome to see! They sounded pretty damn amazing, I think what you get with them is a great idea.

Top Bottom