• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Kyrie's backstory in the novel

RhinoKart

Pro Adventurer
I've been reading my way through the translation of "The Kids are Alright" here on the lifestream and I have a question about Kyrie's backstory.

It mentions at several points that she is afraid of fire and that she had friends (Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz) who died in a fire in the slums. The only event that came to my mind was the fall of sector 7 but given how little the collapse seems to impact Kyrie in Remake I'm not sure that it really fits.

Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what event the book is referring too, I feel like I'm supposed to recognize what event it is alluding too but I'm coming up blank.

RhinoKart

Pro Adventurer
Okay thank you! I just wasn't sure if I was missing a specific event or not.

I guess a follow up question is just to check if I'm understanding this right. Kyrie's friend's that died (Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz) were real people by that name? The reason the remnants end up with the same name is because Kyrie just happens to be the first person these Jenova cells encounter that is able to provide a suitable memory/person to copy?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Remember that KYL didn't have Jenova cells yet. That's why they were trying to find the remaining cells in Shin-Ra's possession. Without them, Sephiroth's divided spirit was without a body to reconstitute.

As for why they have the same names/similar appearances to the young men Kyrie knew, the "Lifestream Black" installment of "On the Way to A Smile" just gives the impression they were recently deceased people whose forms Seph found suitable for whatever reasons.

RhinoKart

Pro Adventurer
Remember that KYL didn't have Jenova cells yet. That's why they were trying to find the remaining cells in Shin-Ra's possession. Without them, Sephiroth's divided spirit was without a body to reconstitute.

Oh, that is a critical point I was missing! Thank you! I just assumed they did have them because Kadaj shows up looking like Fabio at one point as well, but that would contradict AC/C.

I think I'm just going to read the book again and see if I understand parts of it better this time.

Top Bottom