• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

LA CLASSE AMERICAINE (The American Class) – SUBTITLED

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Attention: this flim is not a flim about cyclign – Thank you for your understanding.

La Classe Americaine is a unique (French) movie by Michel Hazanavicius, gathering the most famous actors from the 50s to the 80s – from John Wayne to Clark Gabble, including the likes of Paul Newman, Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman. The whole concept is based on editing countless excerpts from older Warner Bros movies, putting them together with entirely new dubbing so as to create an original (and unusual) movie.

The following introduction (which can be enjoyed without translation) gives a good idea of what the whole movie looks like.

One of the strong points of this movie is the lip-syncing, giving the illusion that all the characters were originally speaking French, and saying much bullshit in the process. As several non-French-speaking friends of mine took an interest in this movie, I decided to create a subtitled version of it – since, to my knowledge, none exists yet. I thought I'd share that with you as well, once my work is complete. In the meantime, I will let you enjoy some of its fine quotes:

• I am the World's Classiest Man, you bunch of dimwits! (John Wayne, as George Abitbol)
  • There was nothing sexual between us! (Henry Fonda, as Hugues)
  • We're going to eat... CHIPS! (Charles Bronson, as the Indian Chief)
  • I know that just because I'm kind, people often take me for a twit (James Stewart, as Jack)
  • I want to be famous. You know why? To fuck chicks! (Robert Redford, as Steven)
  • I need to shit pronto! (Dustin Hoffman, as Peter)
  • I don't really like thieves, nor sons of bitches (Orson Welles, as himself)

Current progress:
Translation: 72/72 minutes
Revisions/Edits/Pacing: 72/72 minutes
It's all done, yay!

Last edited:

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
Hi folks,

I managed to finish the first round of translation over the weekend. Now I'm into reviewing and revising what I've done.
If anyone wishes to help out for reviewing and for fixing minor details, please PM me and I can share via googledrive - it would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom