Last Film You've Seen

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
The Bourne Legacy. Was very happy (and surprised) to recognize one of the places I frequently visit right before the motor chase scene. I knew they were filming in Manila, but I didn't know they also shot scenes in the city I was from :awesome: And kudos to them for capturing how traffic really is in Manila :monster: For a second I thought they were gonna hop on top of one car to another because that's more possible rather than have a chase in a street like that XD

The story's pretty simple. Action is great but there's something lacking that I can't put my finger on. I felt it ended too soon, but otherwise it's not bad.

Finally watched it too, though I'm so happy to see familiar places and our country being featured, I was greatly disappointed by how the environment was used. It's just a motorcycle chase and barely any interaction to that urban jungle. And LOL at the Marikina market, they should have utilized it more, there's the meat section, the veggies and the clothes. I've been going there for 10 years and I still get lost

And LOL when the woman screams "THIEF THIEF! HELP ME NEIGHBORS!" when Weisz is obviously white woman. Nobody would panic like that here seeing a foreigner. :lol:

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
That's in Marikina?? I didn't know :lol: Agree, they should've run around more. The car-motor chase is definitely a big part of the action but all the while I couldn't help but think 'In Manila?? That's impossibru!!'

I had the exactly same reaction to that 'halp me kapitbahays' scene. That part was so unnatural.

And lol @ gigantic Chowking sign :lol:

Ghost X

Jack Reacher

As much as I hate to say it - being a Tom Cruise movie, and I do really dislike him - this movie was really good! I wasn't even expecting it to be good. Maybe that's why I was so impressed. 4/5 stars, possibly higher.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Another Earth

Cool premise. Awkward editing. Indie pretensions. Recommended.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I want to see Django Unchained and Jack Reacher.

Last saw The Hobbit in IMAX 3D. Loved it. I wasn't even bothered by the 48 fps.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Lol Tarantino. Only Italo Western Django's are real.

re-watched The Day of The Outlaw, an eerie old western in a snow setting. Burl Ives and Robert Ryan are really great in it, and it's quite an unique western with an eerie atmosphere. I wouldn't be surprised if it inspired Il Grande Silenzio.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Zero Dark Thirty. Very detailed. I really liked the lead character and don't have a problem with the pacing. Everybody else I was with got bored. Idk, if you're not the type to sit through hours of pure talking you probably would too *shrug*

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Valkyrie: Lots and lots of known faces that made me very happy. That compensated the whole plot revolving around a failed assassination and that Hitler, after surviving, became more ruthless and brutal than ever. They only had to get the hell out of Germany into neutral territory and wait for nine months so the f*cker would finally blow his brains :(

Totall Recall (2012): I've always loved Arnie's version and was a bit wary about this one but, having in mind both movies have a very loose connection with the original story, I dediced to give it a go. I loved it, from the different setting to the many callbacks to the first movie. To me it feels like Blade Runner+Fallout+Matrix+Bourne.

Dredd (2012): Way better than the 1995 version. No Hollywood comic relief, only Dredd's snark (hell, yeah!), and almost devoid of any Holywood cliché. A bit gorier than I usually like but I still enjoyed the story way more than the first adaptation. No Max Von Sydow this time but oh well, at least there's Karl Urban's scowling mouth :awesome:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Django Unchained.

The "D" is silent.

What a fun movie. I enjoyed it beyond words, really. I'm not exactly a Tarantino fan, but overall, I enjoy his films and this one was of his best, that's for sure. Good pacing, hilarious dialogue (Schultz was pure SWAG) and some especially gory moments. Everyone killed it in their roles, Jackson as the oppressed black man being a favourite of mine.

But, I have a complaint:

WHY ISN'T DI CAPRIO NOMINATED? Nevermind winning, the guy isn't even nominated for this role????? He played the magnificent bastard SO well I wanted to kill him in the first minute I heard him. The scene where he legitimate cut his hand and yet continued to play, painting Kerry Washington with his own blood was Oscar-worthy and yet, not even a nomination? The hell, Academy????

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Silver Linings Playbook, awesome fucking film. Just the right balance of comedy and drama and all the actors were fabulous.

Ghost X

Flight

Decent film, good acting by everyone involved. The trailer for the film slightly skews what one may expect about it, but in this case, was probably for the best. 3.5/5 stars.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists

Bought this on a recommendation from a friend. Had fun playing spot the voice actor. The film itself is typical Aardman fare, so go and see it if you've liked their other stuff. :awesome:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
dredd (◕‿◕✿)

good god i'm so in love with lena heady o (◡‿◡✿)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists

Bought this on a recommendation from a friend. Had fun playing spot the voice actor. The film itself is typical Aardman fare, so go and see it if you've liked their other stuff. :awesome:

(I loved this film, but I think it's horse shit that it was released in America as "The Pirates! A Band of Misfits" and not "The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists.")

Seeing Hansel & Gretel in ~ 2 hours.

X :neo:

The Skin I live in.

This is no psychological film. This is a horror film.
Banderas is one sick fuck in that movie. I love it.

Mama

It was... funny lol Some noteworthy things:

- Number 1 Dad is a subjective title
- "Creepy" childrens drawings can be hilarious
- Feral children are more unnerving than ghosts
- Someone farted during a suspenseful scene. Half the theater giggled for 5 min
- Having pitch black light up by a camera flash repeatedly in a dark theater hurts my eyes
- Ghosts aren't evil, just retarded
- The girl in front of us jumped so badly she spilled her popcorn all over us.
- I wanna make the fps Baby Asher: The Beginning
- WIG OF DEATH
- I liked how they handled the typical "lay the ghost to peace" story trope
- ....until they replaced it with something stupid and out of nowhere

Did some things right (have good child actors sprouted up more often recently or something?), but overall its got some silly shit in it.
Overall, Id say its fun to just have it on, glance over every now and then, laugh at it.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Original Star Wars. About as good as I remembered.

Probably watching Empire and Jedi soon.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Mood Whiplash: The Double Bill

My Neighbour Totoro

OK, I'll admit it: this is the first time I've seen the film all the way through. I've seen bits and pieces of it on TV, but not the whole thing. Really worth seeing in 1080HD :D

Catbus is amazing, and his cry of
"MEI!" during the search
was so much d'aww.

Outpost II: Black Sun

Not as scary as the first film, and with a less satisfying ending, IMO.

Hotel Transylvania. The premise and story are really nothing to get excited about, but I still enjoyed it quite a lot overall. The animation is great and I'd recommend watching it for the visuals alone if you're into cartoony stuff. Some gags are better than others, which is to be expected, but the characters' expressions and poses were always tons of fun.

Snow White and the Huntsman. I can't really comment that much on this movie since I was super tired when I watched it and it wasn't really holding my attention. What I will say, though is that it seemed really unnecessarily long (and my tiredness probably didn't help :monster: ). I thought the Snow White/Ravenna duality could have been done better, too. Pretty costumes, though.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
The woman in black: Horror movie, but as they were understood back when slasher movies still didn't exist. Maybe the X-Files have spoiled me over the years, but I found this movie more like a paranormal thriller than anything. It was full of headscratchers, like
after barking its lungs out, where the hell was the dog when it was needed? I hate when dogs are used only as alarms to then disappear

The ending?
Part of me felt that it was a happy ending, with Arthur reuniting with his wife and all, but overall, I found quite disturbing that the ghost of a madwoman would haunt a village 'til the End of Time for something her husband and her sister did to her.

Danseru-kun

Pro Adventurer
I finished the Rocky series and I LOVED IT. They're classic and Rocky is such a lovable main character (I have issues with Rocky I because of the apartment scene.) Rocky Balboa was a good ending already please don't make another one.

But I didn't watched all actually, I disliked Rocky IV so much and it came just right after my favorite Rocky III (Eye of the Tiger FTW.) I ignored the existence of Rocky V and I didn't watch it.

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Monsters vs Aliens

General W.R. Monger is awesome. :D "Don't cry little Debbie, it makes my knees hurt."

Kuroto

Pro Adventurer
Life Is Beautiful - This movie is incredibly funny and charming even though it deals with as delicate and heavy issues as WWII. I really loved it, and I recommend it to everyone. The movie won three Oscars and it's Italian. Also it's directed by the same man who plays the main role (and he also won the oscar for best actor). Incredible! Watch it!

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - I confess, I missed the beginning of the film. For those who aren't familiar with the story, it's about WWII as well. Compared to the first, this movie is more grim though. I really want to read the book that it's based on. I wouldn't recommend it those who are easily traumatised because I still haven't got over the ending. I still quite liked it though.

Of Mice and Men - My least favourite from the three. I wasn't really intrigued by the movie, and I wasn't really moved by it. The ending surprised me maybe a little, but I think the right decision was made, and that's really it.

Top Bottom