• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Last Film You've Seen

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Watched the third Pokemon movie (Kesshoutou no Teiou Entei). I remember watching it for the first time when I was like 10 year old and though it was a fun movie and when I decided to rewatch it as a 21 years old man I though it would be just an OK average Pokemon movie...It was surprised by how wrong my expectation and memory was...

The movie was quiet dramatic, emotional and touching, I never remembered Pokemon (anime) being ever like this.

8/10

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Dunkirk. I think I overhyped myself on this one. Not that it wasn't good.

Did they really have to make the one French lead a man running away from his post? It feels like a missed opportunity. It's not like I go around singing La Marseillaise, but there were 100,000 French soldiers in that battle it doesn't seem like it would be so very difficult to make him a runner or something.

That moment under the oil was so painful to watch. They were very good at explaining things without wasting time or words.

AlsoKingsglaive Reminding me a lot of FF12, hope they don't go with the 'uncaring gods' angle yet again

Ghost X

Kingsman: The Golden Circle.

Not as good as the first, but watchable. Most actions sequences were really good. I think the first was my favourite. Story was weaved well in concept, but I think it could've been executed better on screen. Some bits ruined my immersion. 3.3 / 5 starliths :awesome:.

Greatest Showman

Story's a bit all over the place, but there's some really catchy songs, and inventive musical numbers. There's 2 standouts in my mind, involving a bunch of shot glasses on a bar, and one between two people involving ropes and trapeze type instruments.

Thinking about going to see it again today

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Finally saw Get Out the other day. A lot like The Last Jedi it subverted a lot of the expectations I had going in (and I'm sure a lot of other viewers as well). A really good film.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Darkest Hour. Entertaining enough, leans a bit too heavily on 'poor ole Winston v the world.' Chamberlain always gets screwed over by history.

Ghost X

Black Panther

Was pretty good. 3.9/5 stars.
The bit I didn't like was when they fell into the cave and did their vibration shock thing. Reminded me of the atrocity that was Matrix Revolutions :awesome:. Favourite scene was probably the car chase in South Korea.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Not cinema, but I watched 47 Ronin last Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Beautiful, great CGI and a captivating storyline.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Meet the Robinsons. One of those odd few Disney animated movies I've never seen for whatever reason. Not my favorite, but it was decent.

Final Fantasy

Rookie Adventurer
The Greatest Showman - 4/5
I can't say that i'm a massive fan of musicals,but this one was really good.

veq3v5.jpg

Coco - 3.5/5
Disney animated film... I didn't cry at the end. :whistle:

2nl5j0l.jpg

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Resident Evil: Degeneration Not a masterpiece, but I'm still impressed.

An effective military response to an infection? I don't think I've ever seen that happen before (Shaun of the dead excepted).

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Black Panther

It was really good. Definetely in my top 5 Marvel movies, looking forward to a sequel.

5/5

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Red Sparrow – Nothing whatsoever like a Black Widow film. Much more like a gritty, realistic spy film, and dear god it was good. There's barely any soundtrack, and it makes it exceptionally oppressive in the best way possible. I loved it.

X :neo:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Trying to catch up on the films I've missed in preparation for Infinity War...

Spider-Man Homecoming

Freaking awesome. I was laughing throughout, I loved Parker's entire development, I wanted more Ned, and the Tony Stark interactions were well placed without it feeling like he was intruding.

Unlike Toby, I never once stopped thinking that this was Parker AND Spider-man. Awesome job.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I just watched Tale of Tales a few nights ago. Surprisingly good: Anthology of fairy-tale inspired stories happening at the same time among royals. It's semi-horror, with some rather good practical effects. Made me tear up with some of the tragic endings.

A Quiet Place

Very good. Very tense. I love how much they thought about how you would live in a world where you can't make sound. Including what to do with a baby.

Rampage

I had a blast with this thing. It's exactly the movie I thought it would be (except more brutal and gory than I was expecting, for example there shots of people cut in half), and it was just damn fun. Lots of little additions that were much appreciated.

Arala

Lv. 25 Adventurer
The Lion King. Three times. On a 12 hour flight. I still love that movie. I don't care what anyone says. Simba is so cute.

It. The newest movie. I watched this both before the long flight I mentioned before (several weeks ago) and on the flight. It is surprisingly good for a remake. Remakes are usually... "not very good". Urgh, what am I saying, remakes are usually awful. But It was actually very good. And Pennywise was scary in a different way to the Pennywise in the tv series.

Arala

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Where were you going/coming from?

Are you asking me? I was coming back from Vietnam. I live in the UK and I went to Vietnam for 6 weeks with my family. The flight itself was from Hong Kong, though, as we transferred there on the flight from Vietnam to Uk.

SeaDragon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sjödraken
Moana (finally!)
Visually stunning thanks to the amazing art direction that for a while 'lacked on a product disney imho. The plot is pretty and interesting although perhaps I was expecting more, but surely it's an improvement compared to the boredom of Frozen.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Män som hatar kvinnor, aka the Swedish version of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"; I found it really compelling and edge of the seat material, but I think that was mostly because I've read the book and watched the English / Daniel Craig version too, and still forgot some details and the plot twist in the end
that Harriet is still alive and had the thing figured out, etc; also the religious connotations and the fact the killer(s) are basically nazis killing women with Jewish names)
. I also got a stronger feel for the similarities and whatnot between the various storylines
Sallander's murder of her father and the death of Martin, as well as Bjurman being a cunt.

I didn't care much for the sequel books though, dunno if I can be fucked to watch the sequel movies.

Top Bottom