• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Last Film You've Seen

Anemone

Pro Adventurer
The Disaster Artist. I haven't seen The Room (although I am of course familiar with its most famous scenes -- YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA), but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. It even managed to keep me awake during my flight! I ♡ Dave Franco.

solo player sab

normie trash
AKA
Sab
Finally saw Coco on Netflix this past weekend! The colors were soooOoOoOOOoo pretty...I feel like I totally missed out on seeing all that on the big screen.

Loved the celebration of Mexican heritage. The story was beautiful and I cried like a baby, naturally. Chancla jokes are always necessary and appreciated - although
very smart on Disney to pull a chancla on a grown man instead of a kid :lol: I see what you did there! :mon:

Ghost X

Ant-Man and The Wasp

I think the Ant-Man films are my favourite of the MCU. 3.5 stars.
Nothing really stuck out that bothered me, except that I felt that the Ghost villain was under-utilised, and there wasn't really a major sense of danger. Like the truth serum collection of villains (forgot their names) were used more so for comedy than anything else.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Skyscraper – Surprisingly a far better film than the trailer made it seem. It's like they managed to construct a summer blockbuster out of movie tropes, but have it also be genuinely enjoyable. A totally grand popcorn flick.

X :neo:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
hellraiser judgement

if this isn't another random unrelated film they just stuck hellraiser elements in so they can keep the rights to the franchise i will eat my hat. i still watch these films because i actively seek out torment and pain like the films taught me.

although the makeup for pinhead was better than the last one, where they just painted a slightly chubby guy grey and he just has a round baby face and it was awful. they got a better actor this time.

Theatre was showing Princess Bride, so naturally I went. There were about 6 kids in the audience (about 5-6 years old), and at the point where Westley is fighting Inigo, and does the spin on the vine before landing next to his sword, one of the kids said with complete sincerity: "He's amaazing!"

It was great.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Dragon Blade, a Chinese propaganda / (historic) action flick directed by and starring Jackie Chan, John Cusack and Adrien Brody about the great Chinese people being invaded by the yanks Romans, except one group turns out to be okay. Featuring lots of (lightly) wired action / combat scenes, quite a high body count (except JC our saviour doesn't kill anyone because he's a reputation to maintain, probably because he can't do a serious face while fighting), a ten minute propaganda musical intermezzo, a billion extras, that annoying low-frame-rate-sorta-slow-motion effect that was a thing in (iirc) early 2000's hollywood action movies, flashbacks within flashbacks which already is a massive flashback, inspirational / wise speeches about love and friendship and self-sacrifice for the greater good / the nation, and a lot of dust.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Mission Impossible 6. Not normally something I'd go see, but there were five star reviews and the prospect of seeing the most infamous moustache since WW2.

Very good film, what a Bond film could be if he took his job seriously.

Ghost X

Star Trek Beyond
Better than I thought it would be. 3.3/5 stars.

It
Fairly engaging. Skipped some bits as it got to the end though. 3/5 stars.

Dunkirk
Interesting aesthetic. Strange stillness in parts also. Seemed a bit too clean for a war film, and could have been a lot shorter. Worse than I was expecting. 2.8/5 stars.

Just finished re-watching Elem Klimov's Come and See (1985). I watched it years ago when I first started teaching history, and this re-watch has confirmed for me that it's a contender for the greatest war film - actually, anti-war film - ever made. If you care about great films, you should watch this one. It's on youtube. I understand it was the Russian entry for foreign language film Oscar in the year it was made. I can't believe a better film was made that year anywhere by anybody. It's so harrowing you probably shouldn't watch it on your own.

tumblr_inline_p7gze1tBhT1sj0r4d_540.jpg

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That new xXx reboot attempt. Jesus christ that formula hasn't aged well, :monster:. Horny teenager movie. Decent actiony bits though.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
To compensate, I've finally watched The Pianist, something I've been wanting to watch for forever - I remember I had it downloaded at least five years ago, :monster:. Good movie, now I need to lie down.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Assassination Nation – It's a retelling of the salem witch trials as a commentary on modern-day callout culture, doxxing, vigilante justice, and mob mentality. I had no idea what to expect, but the cinematography is awesome, the messages are fantastically delivered and jeeze damn, it's got one hell of a solid message. Just fucking spectacular.

X :neo:

Miicah

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Marie
Crazy Rich Asians – As with all book-to-films, it’s not entirely faithful, but I like how they did it. Astrid’s storyline in the book almost felt like it had too many layers to it and they simplified it for the movie and it worked out much better imo. The same with Rachel’s storyline
in terms of her father.
Excited for the sequel(s).

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Tale of Tales, it was described as a phantasmagoria of stunning visuals and they weren't fucking kidding! Loosely based on Italian faerie stories, it had a strong flavour of Gormenghast and Guillermo del Toro's work. Thoroughly enjoyed it, some of the editing was a bit questionable but then again, it sort of works with the narrative (three interwoven stories).

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
infinity war. i want to see venom soon. i also saw a trailer for the newest clint eastwood movie and that looks interesting as well, i've only seen like 1 or 2 movies he's starred in.

Miicah

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Marie
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword - I heard it got bad reviews, and maybe I'm just a simple person, but I enjoyed it. It probably helped that I'm not like a hardcore fanatic of the tale of King Arthur so I didn't know if (or I guess when, according to the reviews) it was a liberal retelling. If they really are going to make it a six film series I'd watch the next one at least.

Top Bottom